So Robb sent Theon to allign with the Iron Islands

And Balon rejected and decided to try and invade the North and take it for themselves. However...in Catelyn's chapters, no one has mentioned anything of the Iron Islands since Theon was actually sent to Pyke (I'm on page 600, just finished Catelyn's 6th chapter). Surely they should be concerned that they have received no word back from the Greyjoys?

On 28. února 2016 at 2:17 AM, Arya, Queen of the North said:

And Balon rejected and decided to try and invade the North and take it for themselves. However...in Catelyn's chapters, no one has mentioned anything of the Iron Islands since Theon was actually sent to Pyke (I'm on page 600, just finished Catelyn's 6th chapter). Surely they should be concerned that they have received no word back from the Greyjoys?

If I am not mistaken, there will be point where expectations about this action of the Young Wolf will be explained, certainly Catelyn chapter.

He sends him with an offer but he knows he may not come back. Try to read on and it should be there. 

14 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

I find it hard to swallow that none of Robb's other lords, particularly Jason Mallister, Helman Tallheart, Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont, speak up against the plan to send Theon to Pyke. They should all know what would happen when Balon gets his son back.

Intersting point, I never thought about that. Its true that the coast would be immediately in danger.I guess its because nobody except Bolton, Greatjon and Blackfish had an important voice at his council?

• 7 months later...

I feel it little convincing, that no one (neither the Northmen, nor seemingly also none of the Lannisters) gets any information on Lord Balon's military preparations. Apart from the missing fedback from Theon.

The preparations for a military campaign by Lord Balon have begone well before Theon arrived at Pyke. Because, when Theon arrives, he already sees something like fourty longships in the Harbour of Lordsport.

When Theon meets Asha (who fools him as being Esgred), both walk close to the harbour of Lordsport and see the merchant who shipped Theon from Seagard.

Quote: "Theon quickened his stride as they neared the Myraham, rocking high and empty by the quay. Her captain had tried to sail a fortnight past, but Lord Baln would not Permit it. None of the merchantmen that caled at Lordsport had been allowed to depart again; hisather anted no word of the Hosting to reach the meinland before he was rady to strike."

So, for weeks no merchant ship is allowed to leave Lordsport, and noone on the mainland (especially the other Harbours like Oldtown, Lannisport, Seagard, White Harbour, Gulltown) gets wind of this? I mean, all people on the shore (from Lannisport to Gulltown) are traumatized by memories of the Kraken sigil, it is often repeated that the fear of seeing such sails or longboats was rooted deep within the people's mind. And the rebellion is just eight or nine years past. So I do not buy it, that the people would have grown less suspicious of the Ironborn activities.

It is reported by Tyrion, that no news arrived from Dragonstone, because no one was allowed to leave the port, because Stannis did not want to have his movements and plans revealed outside Dragonstone. So, here it WAS well known that no ship was allowed to leave Dragonstone, but the same phenomenon takes place at Lordsport and no one suspects anyhing?

Hard to believe for me, really hard.

Archived