What would you ask the GRRM??? UPDATED

The Fattest Leech

Well, George doesn't have to answer any question that's the trouble. And even if he could I wouldn't want too much spoiled ....

Having said that, if I was feeling optimistic George might play ball with this question:

"How many red herrings are there in the books?"

1 minute ago, sandorswallow said:

Well, George doesn't have to answer any question that's the trouble. And even if he could I wouldn't want too much spoiled ....

Having said that, if I was feeling optimistic George might play ball with this question:

"How many red herrings are there in the books?"

Correct, he does not have but clearly he likes to or else he would cease with the Q&A panels. You can tell he really enjoys himself when he gets a good crowd. He jokes back and expands on certain, sometimes, personal stories. The video I posted a little earlier does make it clear that there are a many few questions he would like people to stop asking him.

14 minutes ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Eh, this one is (sort of) answered already - The Knight of the Laughing Tree was Lyanna Stark and it did affect the course of the matters, one way or another. It's all but spelled out. I'd rather ask when are we going to find out in which way it was important :). Though I already know the answer I'd get, it's the standard "keep reading".

It is my theory that Lyanna being the KoLT is almost the ENTIRE reason that it all happened, so I would like to know what his answer is.

If it "You will find out but it is just a interesting side story" then I know I am way off. But if he answers "Yes, and it is very important" then I know I might be on the right track.

1 minute ago, King Viserys Targaryen IV said:

It is my theory that Lyanna being the KoLT is almost the ENTIRE reason that it all happened, so I would like to know what his answer is.

If it "You will find out but it is just a interesting side story" then I know I am way off. But if he answers "Yes, and it is very important" then I know I might be on the right track.

You'd have to frame your question really carefully to get a somewhat useful answer though. Because, if it's only importance is that it provided the right situation for R & L to meet and like/fall for each other it would still qualify as "very important" even though it may be not even close to the particular importance you assign to it in your theory.

3 minutes ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

You'd have to frame your question really carefully to get a somewhat useful answer though. Because, if it's only importance is that it provided the right situation for R & L to meet and like/fall for each other it would still qualify as "very important" even though it may be not even close to the particular importance you assign to it in your theory.

OK, then I would ask if Aerys ever found out who the KoLT was.

21 hours ago, Arrow of the Morning said:

I would ask some questions that he would not answer "Keep Reading..."

1 - What the names of Doran's parents? Which house was his father? (Seriously, no one never asked it to him?)

2 - About Lyarra Stark, she was more like Ned or Lyanna?

3 - Do exist some task or evaluation to a knight of House Dayne become the Sword of the Morning?

Good questions. Maybe Doran's father is a Wyl, considering his cunning plans. And that would make the snake associations suitable.

I'm the sort of person who's very interested in family trees, so...

1. Did the Lannisters have any Targaryen descent (such as from Rhaena's Hightower daughters), considering Pycelle thought Tywin would be able to become King?

2. Did the Greyjoy women marry prominent mainland Houses during the Targaryen reign?

3. Will Fire and Blood give information on any of the marriages that were arranged between Houses to bind the realm together?

4 minutes ago, Cynical Classicist said:

Thank you. Any thoughts on my ideas for questions?

Historical questions are easier, I think you might get some answers (for those that he has thought of - maybe the Greyjoy girls' marriages have not been in his to do list). I'd ask about Brienne's ancestry, what exactly is the Targ connection and whether (and where) a certain tall knight might fit it. 

22 minutes ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Historical questions are easier, I think you might get some answers (for those that he has thought of - maybe the Greyjoy girls' marriages have not been in his to do list). I'd ask about Brienne's ancestry, what exactly is the Targ connection and whether (and where) a certain tall knight might fit it. 

Rather then ask what will happen, I prefer to focus on what has happened. After all, the books will come out and finish the Saga of Ice and Fire, so I'm more focused on the history of this wonderfully-constructed world. Asking about whether Jon Snow is alive would just be a waste of time. A lot of hopes are riding on Fire and Blood. Though hopefully the Brienne issue will be resolved in Dunk and Egg. The main thing is that they're not stupid questions, like when will the next book be out?

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell said:

I would ask him about all the crackpot/tinfoil/fan fic theories and post the responses just to annoy folks here with actual text from the author. Then I would harvest the nerd tears and use them in a magic ritual 

Damn! This does appeal to my evil side :devil:

On 29 February 2016 at 0:03 AM, The Fattest Leech said:

Hmmm, I never would have known. Just kidding. I know many felt that way, me included. Re-reads got better and better, but some new POV's still seem useless.

I'd have to do some real wordsmithing to figure this one out ;)

"Was it an intentional choice to slow the pace of the novels down so significantly after a Storm of Swords? I understand you ran into difficulties, leading to the eventual split of a Dance with Dragons and a Feast for Crows. In hindsight, do you regret this split?"

Archived