Future of Brienne and Jaime?

norwaywolf123

11 hours ago, Jaime4Brienne said:

Someone brought up the point that it would dishonor Brienne to have sex with him and not be married. I don't ever see it getting to that point. I can't even conceive of how it would get to the point of them having sex.

she is the Maid of a Tarth. I think they having a child it's not unlikely

16 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

This^. I definitely agree they will have a kid together, but Jaime sadly won't live to be a father to his only non-incest child.

I agree, maybe this kid will be the ASOIAF version of Galahad who was the illegitimate son of Lancelot, Jaime's influence.I think Brienne will survive the series while Jaime won't. However, I think both will survive LS as Brienne serves as Jaime's champion in a trial by combat.

7 hours ago, kuymak said:

Jamie loves Brienne dearly. His whole life was based on Cercei, so he stil has his feelings there. But Cercei with her guilt trips, emotional instabilities, sleeping around and treating Jamie like a crap made it complicated. The whole Brienne journey was life changing and character defining for Jamie. He loves her, Brienne loves him back. Cercei complicates things her memories complicate things even more for Jamie. Not all loves are hand holding, kissing under rain and walks in flower gardens. Some are like this and they are even deeper. It's easy to being romantic, sending Brienne away because he saw Cercei threaten her in the royal wedding is hard. Given the chance they will be an item, in their own way. The catch is Jamie is the most handsome man in seven kingdoms and brienne is considered ugliest highborn lady. Ironically enough she managed to snatch his heart. That's really something interesting. 

In the books, Jaime and Brienne aren't at the royal wedding of Joffrey and Margaery.

They're still on the road when they hear about the Red Wedding at the Twins, and Jaime clumsily tries to console/cheer up Brienne, who's despondent ("Even calling her 'wench' had failed to elicit a response").

They're still on the road when news of the Purple wedding (Joff&Marg) reach them, and Jaime is shocked about how little he feels for the death of the king, his son. Because Cersei has never let him be a father, hardly an uncle, to Joff and Myrcella and Tommen.

Afterwards, it's evident that Jaime has changed, not letting Cersei rule everything. He wants to and tries to get closer to Tommen, to be a father, or a "favourite uncle" (Tyrion was Tommen's and Myrcella's favourite uncle before). Jaime wants to get closer to Tommen, teach him, guide him, look after him, even if Cersei thwarts him at every opportunity.

Just think of the time Tommen had to go and see the smelly, decaying corpse of his grandfather, Lord Tywin Lannister, and couldn't stomach it. Jaime ran after him and told him it was all right, and when confronted with bad things, just "go away inside" (Jaime's coping stategy). Only to be interrupted by judgemental, cold Cersei who tells poor, sweet, little Tommen to snap out of it, he's the king.

I think the deterioration of Jaime's and Cersei's relationship is so well written by GRRM. When Jaime finally gets back to KL, he has urgent, desperate sex with Cersei in the sept by Joffrey's corpse - and it was consensual in the books. Cersei first slightly objects "not here" but then wants Jaime inside her. This is important, because from then on, Cersei rejects Jaime, the cripple, and only tries to have sex with him when she wants something. Jaime refuses, "not here". "Here" being White Sword Tower, i.e. HQ of Kingsguard. It's a holier place to Jaime than the sept by his son's corpse. Cersei then turns on him and mocks and taunts him.

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

she is the Maid of a Tarth. I think they having a child it's not unlikely

Well, precisely. There's so much emphasis on her virginity that she just has to lose it at some point. Not to mention a sea of hints.

On 2/29/2016 at 6:10 AM, Jaime4Brienne said:

I absolutely HATE the idea of them dying to protect Sansa and Arya. He said those vows under complete duress. 

I don't think they necessarily need to die protecting the girls, but Jaime's commitment to his oath to Lady Catelyn - even though it was said under duress - is one of the things that really made me start liking him. It shows what a good, honorable man he can be. 

9 hours ago, talvikorppi said:

I think the deterioration of Jaime's and Cersei's relationship is so well written by GRRM. When Jaime finally gets back to KL, he has urgent, desperate sex with Cersei in the sept by Joffrey's corpse - and it was consensual in the books. Cersei first slightly objects "not here" but then wants Jaime inside her. This is important, because from then on, Cersei rejects Jaime, the cripple, and only tries to have sex with him when she wants something. Jaime refuses, "not here". "Here" being White Sword Tower, i.e. HQ of Kingsguard. It's a holier place to Jaime than the sept by his son's corpse. Cersei then turns on him and mocks and taunts him.

Yes, the path was set a long time ago, slowly and gradually. I am not sure if Jaime does still love Cersei, though; but he definitely sees her without the filter he used to see her

I don't see Jaime sleeping with Brienne whether he loves her or not (although I don't believe he loves her at the moment but anything can happen in the future). Sleeping with Brienne is dishonoring her and that is a huge issue in 7 Kingdoms apart from Dorne. And Jaime is one of the guys who cares about stuff like that. 

I think they will get married, on the road so to speak. And both stay with the BWB, and that Jaime dies leading them, as a kind of mirror to his career as a knight beginning with him fighting against a group of outlaws (the Kingswood Brotherhood) but that he leaves Brienne with child, who then hides her now totally socially disastrous Lannister baby bump under a hasty marriage to Hyle, and they return to Tarth and raise Jaime's secret child as his.  

On 29/02/2016 at 4:47 PM, Little Lark said:

Uh ho, is there a time traveling crackpot that I haven't heard yet?

I hope they find Sansa, help her to get away from LF, and become her personal retainers/advisors when she returns to the North. Hell, I'd love it if they got both Stark girls and moved to the free cities, living the rest of their lives as some nameless, but sincerely happy, family. 

Basically, I'm just hoping for an totally impossible happy ending for all four of these characters because I love them. I'm not really kidding myself though, I know how likely that is.

Nah, just larking about and put the cart before the horse!
I know what you mean about the 'happy ending'. It's not as if every character has to chow down on a sh*t sandwich though. I like the idea Jaime might consider Sansa his sister-in-law? I'm figuring the bizarre wedding of Tyrion and Sansa will serve some purpose. All in all, I can't figure out where Jaime's loyalties are anymore. Perhaps LS will present Jaime with an interesting proposition. 

I love the idea of Jaime being sent to bring down LF. I know the books don't look to be heading this way but I would love to see the dialogue between JL and LF. Both men making japes and snide remarks. I think JL is one of the few people who could outwit LF too. I just can't see him heading to the Vale. 

Oh they are totes going to have sex.  Honor & etc balance very little against matters of the heart (and the naughty bits).  In order to actually happen it's probably going to be a desperate act, maybe they think one or both of them will die.  Maybe one or both WILL actually die.  

Or maybe they will both decide they want to run away together, to protect Jaime's children from destruction by Cersei/Aegon/Griff.  This would be an honorable cause for their lives and (conveniently) they could be together.  I don't think this would happen but it might be the plan that leads to them sleeping together for the first time, before it all falls apart.

ultimately I give basically even odds to any combination of the two of them surviving to the end.  But about 90% chance they fall in love and have sex.

Brienne is going to be KG, she's not going to be fucking with anyone but her Lord Commander. So Jaime will either have to do the deed or let Brienne die an old maid. Jaime knows when it's time to set aside honour in the name of common sense and for the greater good. Perhaps he hits her up the night before they're set to make her KG.

Also, I predict the KG vow reads, specifically like the NW vow, I will father no children, nothing about mothering.

3 hours ago, Dolorous22 said:

Nah, just larking about and put the cart before the horse!
I know what you mean about the 'happy ending'. It's not as if every character has to chow down on a sh*t sandwich though. I like the idea Jaime might consider Sansa his sister-in-law? I'm figuring the bizarre wedding of Tyrion and Sansa will serve some purpose. All in all, I can't figure out where Jaime's loyalties are anymore. Perhaps LS will present Jaime with an interesting proposition. 

I love the idea of Jaime being sent to bring down LF. I know the books don't look to be heading this way but I would love to see the dialogue between JL and LF. Both men making japes and snide remarks. I think JL is one of the few people who could outwit LF too. I just can't see him heading to the Vale. 

Well, you never know. If SH releases him with the express purpose of having him and Brienne fulfill their vows, they could well end up in the Vale. Realistically though, I doubt they'd ever even think to look for her with LF.

I would love to see Jaime and LF face of in a battle of snide remarks too haha!!! My only fear is that Jaime will, like most people, underestimate LF's ambition. He did consider at one point on AFfC that LF could even make a good hand for Tommen since he was (in Jaime's eyes) too lowborn to pose as much of a threat as a Tyrell.

In the end, I think if anyone takes down LF, it will be Sansa because she's one of the few people that won't underestimate him and that could beat him at his own game.

• 1 year later...
On 2/29/2016 at 8:27 AM, Jaime4Brienne said:

Someone brought up the point that it would dishonor Brienne to have sex with him and not be married. I don't ever see it getting to that point. I can't even conceive of how it would get to the point of them having sex.

Under normal circumstances that is true.  However, Westeros is involved in a war with the dead.  Any time there's a major war out of wedlock births skyrocket.  Think about it this way.  Say the assumption is that both will die in battle in the next few days.  They do the deed and head off to fight and die long before any pregnancy could become an issue. The Night King is stopped, and all of a sudden the consequences of what they did the night before the battle suddenly matter.   It's human nature and an old story.  In WWII they called them 'victory girls', but considering you have women warriors in Westeros, particularly in the North, I guess 'victory persons' is the the more accurate expression, although I'm sure the GoT universe has a unique word for the situation.

I really don't see the relationship between Jaime and Brienne getting consummated at all. Not because of any harm to honour but because there is a bittersweetness in a first healthy love never being fully realised, as with the case of Jaime. A lot of Jaime's story is more about recovering from a crisis of self, and he sees Brienne as like a salvation to that. So, I don't see what would be gained from them sleeping together.

I somehow worry, LSH will be a greater problem for their relationship than oaths etc. Brienne lied to Jaime in quite a nasty way. And she is supposed to actually kill him, not to bring him to LSH for chat. I believe she will try to kill him at first, but he had been training, while she has had the shoulder and some ribs broken plus an infection from the bite...do the math. I believe they will eventually get to LSH and survive, but the trust between them is somewhat broken.

22 minutes ago, beauty6 said:

I somehow worry, LSH will be a greater problem for their relationship than oaths etc. Brienne lied to Jaime in quite a nasty way. And she is supposed to actually kill him, not to bring him to LSH for chat. I believe she will try to kill him at first, but he had been training, while she has had the shoulder and some ribs broken plus an infection from the bite...do the math. I believe they will eventually get to LSH and survive, but the trust between them is somewhat broken.

A part of me wonders if either of them will survive LSH. I sort of expect them to somehow get out of that situation... which makes me wonder if they'll be killed. It would be a suitable end for Jaime in some respects as he finally has to answer for his ineffectiveness in his oath as well as the "original sin" of throwing Bran from that window.

This could be a possibility for Brienne:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2up5qu/spoilers_all_maggy_the_frogs_prophecy_is_about/

Brienne is described mockingly as "Brienne the Beauty" by Red Ronnet and others. Jaime and Catalyn make note of her exceptionally beautiful eyes. She has Targaryen blood through her forebear Ser Duncan the Tall.

There is a bond between Jaime and Brienne but it will not come to fruition via coupling. The story between them needs to hold sexual suspense to keep us gratefully ungratified. I envisage Jaime dying and Brienne surviving.

Archived