Why Daenery's will not win the game of thrones

MGraham

I don't think Daenerys will rule the seven kingdoms in the end. It would be too straightforward a typical fantasy story in a series that breaks so many of the common tropes. I think she will play an important role in defeating the Others though. They seem to be vulnerable against anything related to dragons (dragonglass, dragonsteel, fire, heat) so who would be better suited to defeat them than the Dragon Queen?

I think the fight for the Iron Throne will come down to Sansa and Aegon. Sansa now has a good claim to the North and the Riverlands, and the Vale too if she marries Harry the Heir.

Aegon meanwhile is on his way to conquering the Stormlands, and if he wins the allegiance of Dorne, he has significant power in the south. GRRM has also hinted that Dorne will be important in the upcoming book.

The Lannisters appear doomed at this point. Tywin and Kevan are dead, and Cersei is disgraced and half-mad. Tommen is still a little boy, and Myrcella is in the hands of Dorne.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2016 at 7:52 AM, Ashes Of Westeros said:

The thing with ASOIAF is that nobody gets what they want and Dany wants the Iron Throne so badly.

Does she?

Her brother did.

But that was him, not her.

At this point she's got a lot more emotionally invested in the continent on which she currently resides, and a wish to rule in order to serve the people there.

16 minutes ago, unitron said:

Does she?

Her brother did.

But that was him, not her.

At this point she's got a lot more emotionally invested in the continent on which she currently resides, and a wish to rule in order to serve the people there.

It's always been an underlying current. She's doing what she's doing now only because she can't afford to up and leave and be seen as a bad ruler.

It would be the ultimate troll move on GRRM's part if Dany says "Well, you know, I'm pretty happy here in Mereen. Guess I'll just live out my days here."

Archived