Who would you choose?

Rawrmawr

18 hours ago, Rawrmawr said:

Scenario 1:

Oberyn, but i'd tell him to shut up and fight

Scenario 2: 

Garlan, Barristan, Sandor, Gregor, Bronn/Brienne (it's a toss up but probably Bronn because he'll fight dirty)

Scenario 3: 

Robb or Roose

6 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

3. When did they beat TYWIN? During the Wo5K, Tywin was in 3 battles. Greek Fork (Roose Bolton was the opposing general, Blackfish and Robb were in the Wispering Wood), Battle of the Fords (against Edmure and the Rivermen, Blackfish was with Robb in Westerlands), and Blackwater (against Stannis, Robb and Blackfish still in Westerlands).

You are right, I had noticed too Robb and Tywin never really directly fought.  But at the same time commanding officers get blamed for their troop location and planning.  So Tywin has to at least get some blame for how Robb handled Jaime and the first few successful battles between Stark and Lannister.  Tywin himself would tell you he lost those first couple battles, but in the end his willingness to do what was necessary for victory was better than Robbs'. 

1 hour ago, Rob Storm said:

You are right, I had noticed too Robb and Tywin never really directly fought.  But at the same time commanding officers get blamed for their troop location and planning.  So Tywin has to at least get some blame for how Robb handled Jaime and the first few successful battles between Stark and Lannister.  Tywin himself would tell you he lost those first couple battles, but in the end his willingness to do what was necessary for victory was better than Robbs'. 

So do we then say that Tywin won against Robb at the Green Fork and Duskendale?

But the OP said the general is onsite. Commanding the troops. I don't think anyone here would suggest Mace Tyrell for the opposing general as Randyll Tarly was the one onsite when Robert lost.

3 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

I have, upon further thought, changed my mind about Scenario 2. Now my choice is:

Five large vats of saltwater. 

Game over. 

Original. Though I tend to think this was not the OP's intent.;)

15 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

3. When did they beat TYWIN? During the Wo5K, Tywin was in 3 battles. Greek Fork (Roose Bolton was the opposing general, Blackfish and Robb were in the Wispering Wood), Battle of the Fords (against Edmure and the Rivermen, Blackfish was with Robb in Westerlands), and Blackwater (against Stannis, Robb and Blackfish still in Westerlands).

Probably should've been more specific, didn't mean meeting Tywin in direct combat. Just meant the North/Riverlands victories over the Lannister's strategically i.e Whispering Wood 

24 minutes ago, The Kind Of Kindly Man said:

Probably should've been more specific, didn't mean meeting Tywin in direct combat. Just meant the North/Riverlands victories over the Lannister's strategically i.e Whispering Wood 

See my last post, just above yours.

Some good answers to this, I kind of meant humans only which wasn't clear. So I would not count Wun Wun in it. However the water answer made me chuckle. :P You wouldn't win though, it would be a stalemate until that water dried up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived