Beards

A True Kaniggit

Seemed like The Oscars had a crap load of beards.  Does that mean they won't be hip for hipsters anymore?

I hate shaving so my face is almost always just clipped close to the skin.  Almost always a goatee occasional beard.

My beard is long, grey, and glorious. It's growth has surpassed the sea captain stage and is entering full on wizard status. People without beards call me sir.

I have recently been letting the sides of my mustache out, and to my delight, they curl natural like a silent movie villain. With a little more length, I will be getting some wax to make them curl over and over again, 

The first question to ask is, as always,

Do you even lift, bro?

if yes, beard is for you.  If no, then it doesn't help much.  I have no beard and I won't grow one until maybe when I'm old.  It is too typical and people will just assume I'm trying too hard to look like special forces or something

On 3/19/2016 at 10:03 PM, giant snake said:

[The first question to ask is, as always,

Do you even lift, bro?

if yes, beard is for you.  If no, then it doesn't help much.  I have no beard and I won't grow one until maybe when I'm old.  It is too typical and people will just assume I'm trying too hard to look like special forces or something

Or, maybe you just like having a beard? Try not to think about it that much, buddy. 

Imo a beard looks good if you don't have very strong features like a prominent jawline or a square jawline. If you have a prominent jawline I don't see why you'd want to hide it with a beard (maybe one just to frame it more).

On 3/7/2016 at 11:56 AM, Nasrudin's True Love said:

No.  If someone challenges you to a Beard-Off, the appropriate response is to decline.  Beards should not be the subject nor the object of competition.  They are true expressions of our unique, individual spirits and, as such, they are as wondrous as are we!

If you are able to decline then you are a stronger person than I. I have been challenged, and that challenge has been accepted. My pride will not let me say no. In 45 days the razors come out and it begins. I will have the winning beard after 30 days.

This year I had a Winter Solstice to Spring Equinox beard. I thanked it for keeping my face warm during the winter and making me look older, wiser, and more masculine. I scattered it to the wind so birds can use it to fortify their nests. Goodbye, beard. See you next year.

That's beautiful, WS.  I, too, recently harvested my face fields to allow my chin and cheeks to feel the sun.  Until the weather turns cold again, I will grow my beard only in my heart. 

5 hours ago, Nasrudin's True Love said:

That's beautiful, WS.  I, too, recently harvested my face fields to allow my chin and cheeks to feel the sun.  Until the weather turns cold again, I will grow my beard only in my heart. 

I thought your goal was to become less handsome! Now look what you've done!

On 3/18/2016 at 2:03 AM, giant snake said:

The first question to ask is, as always,

Do you even lift, bro?

Lol to this, but I agree. The beard thing has become a way for men to regain their masculinity and try to appear macho and strong. The problem is , in many cases the rest of the picture just isn't there. I know a lot of guys, small and nerdy, who have attempted to have beards in order to 'sex up', but made no effort to fix the 'small and nerdy' bit, and so really they tend to just look a bit homeless and poorly washed.

Beard thing just isn't for some people. I tried it, didn't work, my beard is too patchy and doesn't tend to suit my face unfortunately. Also my mrs hates me growing it. 

Archived