Beards

A True Kaniggit

Some of you still don't understand beards, and that makes me sad.  Your beard is the outward expression of your soul.  If you insist on hiding it from the world, what does that say about you?

On 3/12/2017 at 8:52 PM, Nas! said:

Some of you still don't understand beards, and that makes me sad.  Your beard is the outward expression of your soul.  If you insist on hiding it from the world, what does that say about you?

Not that I have one, but some people have beards that come out dark, twisted, and ugly. If the beard is a reflection of the soul, should I avoid such people?

As for my ongoing beard experiment, everyone I know says it just doesn't work for me and I should give it up. However, I am of the belief that the only reason it's not working is that it's just not beard enough. If only it were more beard, then everything would be OK. I shall push on for now.

58 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Not that I have one, but some people have beards that come out dark, twisted, and ugly. If the beard is a reflection of the soul, should I avoid such people?

As for my ongoing beard experiment, everyone I know says it just doesn't work for me and I should give it up. However, I am of the belief that the only reason it's not working is that it's just not beard enough. If only it were more beard, then everything would be OK. I shall push on for now.

I think 4-6 weeks is what you should give it if you really want to give it a full effort.  I mean it isn't going to magically fill in any gaps that you might have if you just give it more time beyond that - but you definitely need to get past the 5 o'clock shadow phase and the itchy phase to see what you've got.  

I love growing out my beard. It comes in quickly and full. I have liked it even more since the hair on top of my head started thinning. Unfortunately, my wife hates it, especially if it gets to long. So we play the game of "how long can I grow my beard before my wife demands I shave it". 

Yay. And I have 4 reasons. Firstly, it keeps your face warm in winter. Secondly, it absorbs moisture to keep your face surprisingly cool in summer. Thirdly, when you're youngish and have a nice beard people think you're more mature, but also, when you're less youngish you have the option of shaving off your beard and looking much younger (not that one would want to shave their beard, but it's nice to know you could take a few years off if you did). Lastly, my wife told me to never shave my beard, so yay.

15 hours ago, Real Heir of Bear Island said:

I love growing out my beard. It comes in quickly and full. I have liked it even more since the hair on top of my head started thinning. Unfortunately, my wife hates it, especially if it gets to long. So we play the game of "how long can I grow my beard before my wife demands I shave it". 

I think there is an ideal ratio, the more hair you have on your head, the less you should have on your beard, and visa versa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.03.2017 at 8:39 PM, Real Heir of Bear Island said:

I'm the same! :) I always liked the facial hair, I think it looks cool and masculine, besides it fits me so nice! And yeah, I adore the long full beards too, I had a rather long one but then I make it shorter because with such length I felt uncomfortable...:( Also the trimming in this case annoyed me :)))
Now I prefer the short ones, like on these examples  http://machohairstyles.com/best-chinstrap-beards/ , my girlfriend likes it more too :)

On 16/03/2017 at 8:04 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

To you first point: yes, avoid such people.

To your second: good on you! To push ever onward of your own volition against all social pressure to the contrary is a sure sign of a mature spirit. Or a psychopath. 

• 4 months later...

I've had beards off and on pretty much since I got out of the Navy when I was 23 and could finally decide to grow one.   It ranges from clean shaven through stubble to full on beard.   I'm pretty whimsical though when it comes to my beard, sometimes I just look in the mirror and see it and  shave it immediately.   Its currently about as long as I think I have ever let it get which is just slightly under one inch.  Usually when I keep a beard I keep it between a quarter to half inch long. I have red hair and have finally started to get a few grey hairs, not on my head but in my beard on the chin.  I thought a little about dying those greys but decided against it, probably will shave it this weekend. 

4 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

You necro fools think that nobody is watching.  I See You.  Shave already.  And trim your f########## pubes while you'rein the f#### bathroom with the F### razor.

Just remember to clean the damn bathroom after you do so...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.03.2016 at 6:25 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

What is your opinion? Yay or Nay? Why?

Yay!

Thirty years of full set :)

To the pros I can add "when the snows come and the wind howls, the beard keeps your mug warm"

I do an all-around buzzcut of mug and bonce every 4-8 weeks.

Archived