Season 6 Trailer

briantw

28 minutes ago, ummester said:

At least Bran is going to team Other.

I don't think that is Euron - neither handsome nor eye-patched enough. Victarion or Aeron, perhaps? I think the main plot point is that the Iron Islanders (ie Kraken) are building relevance for the destructive conclusion to the saga.

AFAIK, Euron does not have the pirate cliche eye-patch in the show.

I love Pilau Aesbak for his roles in 1862 and Borgen and he's a great, talented actor. But Euron Greyjoy? He's too "cute" for that role. He's not old enough and he's got a stubby nose and chubby cheeks, ffs! I've always pictured Euron as a greyhound, scary hooked nose, haggard thin cheeks... Maybe Pilou is such a great actor that after Season 6, I cannot think of anybody but him as Euron.

9 minutes ago, ummester said:

yes, talvikorppi - perhaps handsome was the wrong choice of word - but Euron's face was should be leaner - more 'manly' and serious somehow.

Unless Pilou Aesbak absolutely nails it, and we'll think nobody could've done it better. haha.

Anyway, to get back to the trailer...

Did anybody get a glimplse of Ian McShane on it? He's widely surmised to play a combined Meribald/Elder Brother role and bring back Sandor Clegane. He's been saying nearly as much in recent interviews.

=I I hope it isn't that. But now looking at that scene again. Who are the people in the room with Davos? Jon is laying dead, Ghost is at his bedside, Dolorous Edd? maybe is the second guy and there are two more guys. 

By the way, did anyone else notice that Melisandre's ruby is black when she is taking off her clothes (and that might just be me, but her expression is sorrowful) What do you guys think? Is it that her ruby darkens when she is about to use magic. 

We've got the people who do frame-by-frame, so we don't miss aught.

There wasn't a glimpse of Ian McShane, was there? Yet, we know he's in this series, and that the role he plays is "small" ( only 1 episode?) but pivotal. Important. He's spoiled in interviews that "he'll bring back a much-loved character"

Most think

Spoiler

it's the Hound, or, rather, Sandor Clegane purged of his 'Hound' persona

or

Spoiler

some illogical fans think it's Jon Snow.

3 minutes ago, talvikorppi said:

We've got the people who do frame-by-frame, so we don't miss aught.

There wasn't a glimpse of Ian McShane, was there? Yet, we know he's in this season, and that the role he plays is "small" ( only 1 episode) but pivotal. Important. He's spoiled in interviews that "he'll bring back a much-loved character"

Most think

Hidden Content

or

Hidden Content

He didn't just spoil that he'll bring back a much-loved character.

Spoiler

He all but said it was the hound..

1 hour ago, Parizad said:

I think the kid jumping from a wall @ 1:13 is Arya

Yes, running from FM.

1 hour ago, The 1st Storm and the Last said:

I'm struck by the scene right after we see Littlefinger standing by some snow covered trees and before we see the Bolton archers.

Theres a guy in all black, riding through deep woods, swinging a chain with a ball of fire on the end. He swings the fire into another shadowed figure and that figure catches. It's a really fast clip, but the one that catches fire is most likely a white walker. Who is the person swinging the fire though? 

It's obviously someone who is well prepared to deal with whites. They seem to be alone. And it looks like this happens north of the wall. Coldhands?

Benjen

1 hour ago, Zadeth said:

Only death can pay for life...

Not necessarily. 

2 hours ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

I'm starting to think they cast Euron too young. It took me to my third watch to realize that wasn't Theon being baptized in the trailer. 

Everyone seems to forget that Euron looks young in the book. Vic mentioned how Euron hasn't change since his banishment for 3 years. Note that Pilou himself is 33, presumably the same age as Euron in the book.

1 hour ago, The Unsung Hero said:

I agree, and no eyepatch! How can you do Euron with no eye patch!

Aww. No Euron warging and Bloodraven theory :(

1 hour ago, KingBlackfyre said:

Z5AtAS7.jpg Jon alive 

Damn. Nice catch. 

1 hour ago, ToTheWolves said:

3f3e7e3178ae3e9359a7aa31eb09a095.jpg

"And now it begins" "no...now it ends"

Are these the outlaw group?

Just now, The Arthur Smith said:

Everyone seems to forget that Euron looks young in the book. Vic mentioned how Euron hasn't change since his banishment for 3 years. Note that Pilou himself is 33, presumably the same age as Euron in the book.

Aww. No Euron warging and Bloodraven theory :(

Damn. Nice catch. 

I think they're Ned Stark and his men at the Tower of Joy.

Just now, The Arthur Smith said:

I see, thank you. Make sense, the location where they are at doesn't look like Riverland.

Interesting, no Riverrun scenes...

I thought the same thing about Riverrun. Didn't seem to be anything at all from the Riverlands.

6 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Ugh, it seems pictures don't get copied by the "quote" function on this site.

I just wanted to say something about the last pic posted/quoted by The Arthur Smith above.

Is it right before the "seven aginst three"? I can only count six, even accounting for people being hidden behind others. But even by counting the legs... Maybe small Howland Reed is hidden somewhere out of picture?

4 minutes ago, talvikorppi said:

Is it right before the "seven aginst three"? I can only count six, even accounting for people being hidden behind others. But even by counting the legs... Maybe small Howland Reed is hidden somewhere out of picture?

The show probably shrunk down the size to 6, considering most of Ned's allies (save for Howland Reed) were irrelevant to the plot and for budget reason.

The two handed swordsman is a Targaryen loyalist.  The kingsguard have always been cloaked in white, with plain white shields.  They have never borne any insignia, though GRRM had those at the tower donning helms garnished with their family insignia (likely so the reader would know who they were). 

3 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

The show probably shrunk down the size to 6, considering most of Ned's allies (save for Howland Reed) were irrelevant to the plot and for budget reason.

Yeah, I get you.

Seven would've been so great in the context of the main Westeros religion. The Seven. Whatevers, it's not that important to me. It certainly didn't seem important to the main character we learn this story from, Ned Stark. He keeps the old gods, not the Seven. Just an accident in the books that it's seven against three. Or maybe it's a hint that Ned and his companions were in the right? I don't know. I'm just keeping an open mind.

Archived