Season 6 Trailer

briantw

Just now, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Huh that's a bit disappointing. I wasn't expecting Aegon to appear in the show, but some unkown new player could have been interesting.

I'm pretty sure at this point that they have more than enough concurrent storylines and characters. We already have the Wildlings, Watch, Boltons, Ironborn, Lannisters, Dorne (if they do anything this season), Sparrows and Tyrells as main factions in Westeros, with probably some Stark loyalist side cropping up at some point or another, and not counting wild cards like Arya, Bran, Brienne, Davos, Mel and Littlefinger. Adding Aegon to the mix all of a sudden would just be a bit much for a TV show.

Also, I personally assume the guy in the armor with the Targaryen sigil is a Kingsguard at the ToJ. Maybe not Arthur Dayne himself, but to me he's clearly fighting The Ned, and the only Targaryen loyalist fighter in the present is Jorah who has no access to such gear. So that narrows it down to the flashback alone.

Just now, Jasta11 said:

I'm pretty sure at this point that they have more than enough concurrent storylines and characters. We already have the Wildlings, Watch, Boltons, Ironborn, Lannisters, Dorne (if they do anything this season), Sparrows and Tyrells as main factions in Westeros, with probably some Stark loyalist side cropping up at some point or another, and not counting wild cards like Arya, Bran, Brienne, Davos, Mel and Littlefinger. Adding Aegon to the mix all of a sudden would just be a bit much for a TV show.

Yeah but how in the world they could explain Varys if this theory is somewhat true: 

13 minutes ago, Quillon said:

Yeah but how in the world they could explain Varys if this theory is somewhat true: 

The show will explain Varys in the simplest way possible, compatible with the grand ending, which will be same in the show and books (unless GRRM goes off on several tangents and changes his mind before 2028 or whenever the last book is supposed to be published. Or just plain dies before he finishes the damn thing.)

The show has already explained most of Varys. The show will continue along their line. We won't know the real Varys until GRRM publishes the next books - I think Varys is an end-game character even in the books, so we'll be seeing (show) and reading (books) about him in years to come.

Most of all, I want to learn more about Varys.

Not sure if any of you have posted this yet, but Brienne saves Theon, and presumably Sansa too. Either they both get captured by Bolton guards and hounds and Theon tells Sansa to run away and he'll sacrifice himself, or they somehow get separated when they are being chased. Theon looking around is to see Brienne most likely.

UK0aqM3.png

CPe0fva.png

j21z8dq.png

xVN2HPF.png

Last words of the trailer are "Apologies for what you're about to see"...

D&D telling us they fucked up once again and this time telling us beforehand?

Kidding of course. Great trailer. Looks like we're gonna get epic battles, not just a few overhead shots of riders or stories of Twenty Good Men :P

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I have a  feeling they are going to change the color of the Kingsguard's armor due to how distracting it look in shiny white. Similarly what they did to the Targ's Valryrian look with purple eyes, changing it to blue.

Yes, I think they're going to make them look different from current one. Unique look as they serve House Targaryen. I guess many people will be pissed if that guy with two swords will turn out to be Arthur Dayne. I would love to see Dawn in the show, but when it comes to D&D and their creativity. Anything can happen.

1 hour ago, KingBlackfyre said:

The archers with the targeryan banneer though

Boltons or Stark loyalist. Probably Stark pro archers. It's from that battle at Saintfield they filmed.

And we know Jaime will be dealing with Sparrow and KL anf there was photos of Nikolaj on horse in his KG armor. Aegon is gone and good riddance.

4 hours ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

I'm starting to think they cast Euron too young. It took me to my third watch to realize that wasn't Theon being baptized in the trailer. 

Side note: Why is Arthur Dayne not wearing Kingsguard amor?

Because they're supposed to be hiding.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kingsguard armor changed with each regime change. 

I also think the CerseixJaime love scene may just be Cersei manipulating Jaime. She seems more calculating than ever rn. And she's ready to give them all of that ultraviiiolence. (Lancel= Westeros Lana Del Rey)

18 minutes ago, Zadeth said:

Not sure if any of you have posted this yet, but Brienne saves Theon, and presumably Sansa too. Either they both get captured by Bolton guards and hounds and Theon tells Sansa to run away and he'll sacrifice himself, or they somehow get separated when they are being chased. Theon looking around is to see Brienne most likely.

UK0aqM3.png

CPe0fva.png

j21z8dq.png

xVN2HPF.png

Thanks, Zadeth. I saw the flash of Bienne with the grimace and a flash of maybe Theon. This must be fairly early in the season. Theon's got to get to the Iron Islands for the story there, Sansa's got to get to wherever in the North her story is, and Brienne's got to get back to the Riverlands by episode 7 or 8, when she'll reconnect with Jaime.

1 hour ago, Forlong the Fat said:

I was just discussing this with a co-worker.  The question, I think, is what did King's Guard armor look like when the Targs were in power?  It doesn't seem that strange to me that it would have changed when the ruling family changed, and it also doesn't seem that strange that the Targs would have had King's Guard armor with their sigil.

The look of KG armour has changed even during the run of the show. Series 1 it looks like brass with white niello tracing and less of a comedy "dress up like a knight" armour than it does by series 4, when Jaime is back in KG armour.

By then, it's all brass (no white niello), it's got much wider armholes, and "shoulder pads" and scaly arm armour look like being strapped on with elastic. Definitely worse armour if you're fighting anybody, much more "joints" exposed. I can imagine the actors saying the original KG armour was really uncomfortable to wear and difficult to act in, the new one certainly looks more comfortable.

Archived