Season 6 Trailer

briantw

4 hours ago, evita mgfs said:

Thanks!  This scene doesn't look good to me.  Either Ghost is already dead, or Davos intends to make him so.  Sorry I am worried about the direwolf!  Ghost is one of my favs!

Doubt it. Aside from that, Ghost wouldnt just be laying there not doing anything about it. I seriously doubt old man Davos would stand much of a shot against Ghost, particularly since Davos cant even fight. In fact, there arent really any guys there in Castle Black who'd be able to do much to Ghost if Ghost isnt having it.

Just now, of man and wolf said:

Doubt it. Aside from that, Ghost wouldnt just be laying there not doing anything about it. I seriously doubt old man Davos would stand much of a shot against Ghost, particularly since Davos cant even fight. In fact, there arent really any guys there in Castle Black who'd be able to do much to Ghost if Ghost isnt having it.

Ghost and Davos will be working together.

Ghost knows Davos is a good guy.

At 1:13 when the hands are on Jon, look past his head, there is a chair and the fire. In between is white fur with pointy ears looking at what is being done to Jon. You have to look really carefully to spot it. The hands of the person show that they have recently been in a fight, the build is slight and it is someone Ghost trusts. The clothes are that of the nights watch. Only one character fits the bill and that is Edd.

I think for the Unsullied, it would be quite confusing showing the Kings Guard in the same uniform. It needs to be obvious that the Kings Guard is fighting for a different King.

On a quick side note, I haven't seen anyone pick up that in the still with Tyrion pouring wine back into the bottle, that Varys is in that scene.

Speaking of Tyrion, he is in the dragon pits.

All of the buttering up that Jamie does with Cersai is before Cersai is wearing black. That means she is still finding out what has happened to Myrcella.

When Mel starts to get undressed, she looks scared.

Where Davos is with the what appears to be a pyre, it had a wierwood tree in the distance. It looks like the same tree that Bran went into.

Quick one, the "He's gone" comment at the beginning is Thorne.

Great job, Turin. My comments on the analysis are in italics

5 hours ago, Túrin the Turambar said:

-+- SPOILERS -+-
scene by scene:

0:00: Wall - Castle Black - Jon lying dead

0:10 Martell ship sailing to King's Landing, probably Jaime's ship - Jaime talking to Cersei

0:18 man standing alone in the snow, bones (?) lying before him

Comment: The man is Davos, and it seems he is preparing a pyre. I only saw wood lying on the snow. No bones or body.

0:20 Roose and Ramsey

0:24 Flayed man burning (probably Stannis?) - Melisandre talking to Davos and recognising that she was wrong

Comment: Flayed man burning - logical conclusion suggests Stannis, but we can be a bit more imaginative/optimistic and consider the possibility that it is in fact Ramsey getting his comeuppance.

0:28 Jorah and Daario finding Daenerys' ring

0:35 Daenerys is taken captive and is brought to Vaes Dothrak

0:41 High Sparrow speaking his phrase from the teaser - speaking to a person in armour

0:44 Greyjoy banners, probably the kingsmoot

0:46 Sansa (where?)

Comment: It looks like she is inside a (Northern) castle. Her appearance suggests she is not back in the Bolton torture chamber, but instead playing a role of power. I think this is the scene with the tall Northern lord from the casting call. They needed an actor at least 6 feet tall so he could tower over one of the major cast member. Sophie is 5'9".

0:48 Tyrion with a torch in a dark room - speaking of the Great Game - maybe searching for the two chained dragons?

Comment: Agree. "The Dragontamer" is one of the episode titles I had suggested in episode guessing threads. Just hope that D&D does not merge Tyrion with Quent. 

0:51 Drogon

Comment: Could also be Viserion or Rhaegal. Difficult to say from the current vantage point. Some people noted that the dragon appears to be flying backwards. To me, it looks like the camera or the viewpoint character is traveling on a ship/dragon/horse ahead of the dragon in the trailer. It would be cool if Tyrion rides a dragon and watch other dragons follow. It is also likely that Asha or Euron are fleeing from the dragon. Maybe HBO made Asha bisexual so that she could be merged with Victarion. Bring on DanAsha shipping!

0:55 Lancel, Robert Strong, Cersei - "violence"

1:00 people drawing swords (edit: one of them seems to be Ned - apprarently it's a flashback to the Tower of Joy)

1:01 Castle Black - Alliser Throne smashing a door

1:02 Tommen and Cersei walking with kingsguard

1:03 horses riding

1:04 ships in stormy sea (Iron Fleet?)

1:05 Arya getting hit by the waif

1:06 Littlefinger in the snow

Comment: I am most annoyed to see this. I hope he is meeting with Boltons and not Sansa. I don't want Sansa anywhere near him ever again.

1:07 Margaery

1:07 someone gets hit by a rider (edit: maybe north of the Wall?)

1:08 archers with red banners (whose?)

Comment: Umbers and Glovers both have red banners. But the banners on the center are Bolton cross, clearly.

1:09 building in Meereen (?) gets smashed

Comment: It is Dany's "office". Looks like the same place where Tyrion and Dany held converstation in S5 Hardhome episode. Maybe we will get a battle of Meereen after all, and this is what prompts Tyrion to free the dragons (we saw him in the dungeon earlier)

1:09 Theon looks and gets baptized (edit: the one who gets baptized isn't Theon -> Euron?)

Comment: It is Euron. Kingsmoot.

1:10 Cersei biting Jaime's ear

1:11 Brienne killing someone

Comment: Most likely the Bolton guard who was attacking Theon. Brienne saves Theon and Sansa ?

1:12 hand with a huge ring by a fire (Melisandre's?)

Comment: The fire reminds me of the ones we saw Melisandre near, but Melisandre does not wear any ring like that, definitely not in any of her shots in this trailer. The hand looks like Dany's to me. She had more rings in her hand, she only threw just one ring for the breadcrumb trailer in S5 finale.

1:12 Hall of Faces in the House of Black and White

1:13 Melsandre undressing

1:14 someone shuts Jon's eyes

Comment: Looks like a man's hands. Probably Davos or a Night's Watch man. Edd?

1:15 someone jumps out of a window (in King's Landing?)

Comment: It is Braavos, judging by the attire and hairstyle of the people. The leaked shooting photos suggest it is Arya.

1:15 Bolton men building a shield wall against attackers

1:16 two women kissing (one of them seems to be Asha)

Comment: It is Asha. I am telling you, we will get to see a sex scene between her and Dany!

1:17 Theon taking his hood off his head (edit: it could also be Euron?)

Comment: Euron, not Theon. Shows how great a job they did with casting Pilou as Theon's uncle.

1:17 man in Targaryen armour fighting with two swords (edit: it also seems to be the Tower of Joy - Ned fighting Arthur Dayne? - but he doesn't wear kingsguard armour - the sword in his right hand could be Dawn)

Comment: The man is fighting with two swords at once - that kind of dexterity suggests Arthur Dayne, but Dayne should be wearing the KG armor.

1:18 Tormund (edit: apparently there is a Bolton shield behind him)

1:18 battle - horses dying

1:19 High Sparrow and Magaery

1:19 people slashing at something on the floor (edit: maybe Varys' little birds killing Kevan?)

Comment: Maybe. But they don't look 'little' to me. Could be from anywhere. Meereen, KL ..

1:20 blind Arya

1:20 Armed forces in front of the Great Sept of Baelor

Comment: It is clearly Jaime atop the white horse, speaking to the High Septon. But I wonder who is the dude with tasselled helmet leading the Tyrell army. It should be Randyll Tarly if they follow the books.

1:20 Sansa running through a forest

Comment: Probably being chased by the Bolton soldiers who attack her and Theon.

1:21 Dothraki riding to battle

1:21 wildlings

1:22 Bran standing (apparently it's a vision) - Night's King standing behind him

1:31 Davos taking and drawing Longclaw - dead Jon in front of him - Ghost is there, too (apparently alive) - other men of the Night's Watch are drawing swords, too

edit: here's pretty much the same with stills from the trailer http://imgur.com/a/Bslhg

33 minutes ago, ToTheWolves said:

Well when they casted Dayne they said he carries a legendary sword. I'm hoping they will show dawn.

And how will "Dawn" show? Flashing lights? Look! This is a magic sword!

In the show, Valyrian steel swords look like ordinary steel swords. Ice, and following it, Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper don't have black steel rippled with red, Longclaw isn't dark grey etc., they look like ordinary swords.

Maybe "Dawn" will be so special with its milky whiteness with bells on. Flashing lights, the works.

Maybe not. It's not the path the showrunners have taken.

11 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Anyone have any idea what the point behind a lesbian Yara is?   She's a badass.   What is this and no pics of Osha or Rickon? 

Maybe following the "her cunt is the world" scene from the book? Or just for marketing purpose. C'mon, we haven't got a lesbisn sex scene in the series as so far we have gay sex, so why not throw in some lesbian sex. 

Don't forget, no Riverrun or Dorne scene (to be fair, i'm okay with the latter not shown).

The bit where Davos says "I've never been a great fighter" could be from a totally different scene to the "Apologies for what you are about to see". They mish mash things. Because I didn't see him say it in that scene it may have just been over dubbed into that scene because it works for trailer purposes. His catchphrase is normally I'm not a learned man... Maybe it has changed to I've never been a great fighter.

3 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Maybe following the "her cunt is the world" scene from the book? Or just for marketing purpose. C'mon, we haven't got a lesbisn sex scene in the series as so far we have gay sex, so why not throw in some lesbian sex. 

Don't forget, no Riverrun or Dorne scene (to be fair, i'm okay with the latter not shown).

Littlefingers brothel in season one. That was tough to watch as I was sat with my mum watching it.

Just now, Mandzipop said:

Littlefingers brothel in season one. That was tough to watch as I was sat with my mum watching it.

Yikes. I forgot about that blemish sexposition... Say are you going to watch S6 with your mom? Cuz if you are, i pray for your sanity...

Also i realized something about that Mel scene where she's revealing her breast. It has taken resemblance to how Nissa Nissa bare her breast for Azor Ahai to sacrifice her to create Lightbringer, further backing up the speculation on Davos enacting the action on Mel to resurrect Jon.

1 hour ago, Quillon said:

Yeah but how in the world they could explain Varys if this theory is somewhat true: 

should you have a spoiler tag on this? explaining book stuff in here is taboo hey?

besides, I think Varys has a simpler agenda in the show, dont forget what happens to the YG storyline, it's almost been fodder to get Tyrion to the East anyway, D&D probably simplified it to arrive at the same ending.

12 minutes ago, Lady Woodland said:

should you have a spoiler tag on this? explaining book stuff in here is taboo hey?

The vid's title contains spoiler tag and anyone should have plenty of time for stopping the video before it gets spoilery.

43 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Anyone have any idea what the point behind a lesbian Yara is?   She's a badass.   What is this and no pics of Osha or Rickon? 

Because Yara is replacing Victarion from the books. She is sent to bring Dany back as a bride for Euron, but Yara decides to claim Dany's hand in marriage herself. This will make a strong plot point and will even be given a soundtrack of its own, much like MissWorm from last two seasons.

17 minutes ago, Lady Woodland said:

besides, I think Varys has a simpler agenda in the show, dont forget what happens to the YG storyline, it's almost been fodder to get Tyrion to the East anyway, D&D probably simplified it to arrive at the same ending.

True. If it came down to Euron versus the YG story line I'm glad they chose the former. Also seems Euron's going to be the one to kill Balon and not a faceless man, but hey just another book reader nitpick right?

3 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Yikes. I forgot about that blemish sexposition... Say are you going to watch S6 with your mom? Cuz if you are, i pray for your sanity...

Also i realized something about that Mel scene where she's revealing her breast. It has taken resemblance to how Nissa Nissa bare her breast for Azor Ahai to sacrifice her to create Lightbringer, further backing up the speculation on Davos enacting the action on Mel to resurrect Jon.

She never got past season one. Change of circumstances (ie both parents retired and my dad isn't interested). There was a scene in the Tudors which was worse (not included in the box set).

Totally on topic, I've seen the reviews of the trailer and it is clear to me the "He's gone" line is Thorne.

19 minutes ago, Hos the Hostage said:

Because Yara is replacing Victarion from the books. She is sent to bring Dany back as a bride for Euron, but Yara decides to claim Dany's hand in marriage herself. This will make a strong plot point and will even be given a soundtrack of its own, much like MissWorm from last two seasons.

Har, a funny one.  Now I remember why I try to stay out of the show forums.  

Archived