Season 6 Trailer

briantw

58 minutes ago, Hos the Hostage said:

Because Yara is replacing Victarion from the books. She is sent to bring Dany back as a bride for Euron, but Yara decides to claim Dany's hand in marriage herself. This will make a strong plot point and will even be given a soundtrack of its own, much like MissWorm from last two seasons.

YAS! I WOULD LOVE THAT. Maybe it's her on the ships on her way to Meereen... Or maybe it's just Euron. 

My thoughts:

1) It definitely seems that the High Sparrow has aligned with Jaime... but that means that Jaime will have to have done some serious penance. (Unless the HS believes that Jaime is innocent of sleeping with Cersei, and I don't think he does.)

2) 1:07 -- Are we sure that was Meereen? I keep thinking that that looks like King's Landing, similar to the Hand's chambers.

3) 1:15 -- I see Melisandre kissing either another woman or a pretty man. I agree with Mandzipop that she looks scared in the previous shot where she's undressing. The Arthur Smith suggested she's sacrificing herself for Lightbringer a la Nissa Nissa... excellent thought and very appropos! I don't think she'd do it for Davos to plunge Lightbringer, though... the one who does the plunging should be Azor Ahai himself... and I think she thinks that's Jon. 

4) Tower of Joy scene: I don't recall Dayne fighting two-handed in the books, but it would translate well on-screen... and the sword in his right hand is gorgeous; it could definitely be Dawn. 

5) Ghost: I really don't think Davos would hurt him... but Alliser Thorne would, and he doesn't seem to be moving.  :'( 

3 hours ago, Zadeth said:

Not sure if any of you have posted this yet, but Brienne saves Theon, and presumably Sansa too. Either they both get captured by Bolton guards and hounds and Theon tells Sansa to run away and he'll sacrifice himself, or they somehow get separated when they are being chased. Theon looking around is to see Brienne most likely.

UK0aqM3.png

CPe0fva.png

j21z8dq.png

xVN2HPF.png

EXACTLY. Thank you for putting these together. Maybe we can splice other look-alike scenes together to start making sense of what's happening in an effective way. :D

1 hour ago, 0LordCommanderSnow0 said:

True. If it came down to Euron versus the YG story line I'm glad they chose the former. Also seems Euron's going to be the one to kill Balon and not a faceless man, but hey just another book reader nitpick right?

No way. This Euron doesn't seem to be involved with the magic side of the story at all. A half-baked Euron isn't enough to replace YG's storyline.

32 minutes ago, KissedByFireLovedByIce said:

5) Ghost: I really don't think Davos would hurt him... but Alliser Thorne would, and he doesn't seem to be moving.  :'( 

Ghost is clearly standing up in that final shot, so unless they took him to a taxidermist and had him stuffed, he's definitely still alive.  You know he's standing up because Jon is on a table and Ghost's back is at the same height.

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Ghost is clearly standing up in that final shot, so unless they took him to a taxidermist and had him stuffed, he's definitely still alive.  You know he's standing up because Jon is on a table and Ghost's back is at the same height.

Hmmmm... in my mind's eye, he was draped across the table *with* Jon, but I see what you're saying now -- the only way that position would work is if Ghost is a> laid out on a something that is lower in height than whatever Jon is on, and b> they moved him there after the earlier shot of Jon's eyes being closed... which would be weird. ;)  I feel better, then... thanks, Brian!

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

I know we didn't exactly see it, but if Brienne killed Stannis was it not by decapitation?  That was how that swing looked to me.  Makes it seem less likely that it was Scanned on that cross not that it matters.

I thought she just chopped into his face. Don't think you could decapitate someone from that angle.

3 hours ago, Zadeth said:

Not sure if any of you have posted this yet, but Brienne saves Theon, and presumably Sansa too. Either they both get captured by Bolton guards and hounds and Theon tells Sansa to run away and he'll sacrifice himself, or they somehow get separated when they are being chased. Theon looking around is to see Brienne most likely.

Zero consequence for abandoning her watch to get revenge on Stannis, then.

"Thank you" to: Zadeth, Moon Wilder, sondrer, KingBlackfyre, The Arthur Smith, Hos the Hostage, Tony Inchpractice, The 1st Storm and the Last, and Túrin the Turambar!

http://imgur.com/a/Bslhg

Pilou Asbæk is 34-years-old. Euron is about 33-years-old in aDwD. :)

-+- possible TV SPOILERS -+-

clip by clip:

0:00 the Wall

Jon lying dead in a pool of blood (Castle Black)

0:10 a Martell ship sailing near a city

Jaime talking to Cersei

0:18 Davos standing alone in the snow

0:20 Roose and Ramsey

0:24 a man burning on an "X"

Melisandre speaking to Davos

0:28 Jorah finding Daenerys' ring

0:35 Daenerys' arrival at Vaes Dothrak

0:41 the High Sparrow speaking to a person in armor (a Kingsguard?)

0:44 a gathering with Greyjoy banners

Spoiler

(probably the Kingsmoot)

0:46 Sansa (indoors)

0:48 Tyrion with a torch

0:51 a dragon in flight

0:55 Brother Lancel & the Faith Militant, Robert Strong, and Cersei

1:00 Northerners drawing swords

Spoiler

(a flashback to the Tower of Joy)

1:01 Alliser Thorne and other "black brothers" smashing a door down (Castle Black)

1:02 King Tommen and Cersei walking with the Kingsguard

1:03 calvary horses charging

1:04 ships in a stormy sea (the Iron Fleet?)

1:05 Arya being hit by "the Waif"

1:06 Littlefinger in the snow

1:07 Margaery imprisoned

1:07 someone running on foot getting hit by a fiery flail (or other ball-and-chain weapon) swung by someone on horseback

1:08 Theon being captured by a helmeted man with hounds (Bolton man?)

1:08 archers with a Bolton banner (and another red banner from a northern house: Umber or Glover?)

1:09 one of Daenerys' rooms in Meereen's Great Pyramid is damaged

Spoiler

(bombardment from sea or seige weapons?)

1:09

Spoiler

Euron Greyjoy being baptized

1:10 Cersei biting Jaime's ear

1:11 Brienne killing someone with a helmet (saving Theon in the woods?)

1:12 a hand on a flaming brazier

1:12 the Hall of Faces (the House of Black and White)

1:13 Melisandre undressing

1:14 someone closing Jon Snow's eyes

1:15 Arya jumping off a roof

1:15 Bolton soldiers forming a "shield wall"

1:16 Yara Greyjoy and another woman kissing (Will she take Victarion's role?)

1:17 Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk) taking his hood off on a bridge at Pyke

Spoiler

(Balon's murderer?)

1:17 a man in Targaryen armor fighting with two swords

Spoiler

(a flashback at the Tower of Joy)

1:18 Tormund (w/ the Bolton sigil behind him)

1:18 mounted riders charging (2 white horses falling)

Spoiler

w/ someone who looks like Jon snow on horseback

1:19 the High Sparrow and Queen Margaery

1:19 a group of people attacking/slashing at someone/something on the ground/floor

1:20 a blind Arya

1:20 a force of armored soldiers at the base of the Great Sept of Baelor (with polearms)

1:20 Sansa running in the woods

1:21 Dothraki riding into battle

1:21 Wildlings

1:22 Bran standing

Spoiler

(during a 'vision')

and the Night's King standing behind him

1:31 Davos, other men, Ghost, and Jon Snow's body

2 minutes ago, Captain Esgred said:

1:19 group of people attacking/slashing at someone/something on the ground/floor

Me thinks this might be Varys' little birds taking out Kevan Lannister.

42 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The trailer has me hyped for this season. Us book readers and non-book readers are pretty much on level ground now.

No way! I completely disagree.  :)

Book readers still know more than non-readers.  The show runners haven't exhausted all of the chapters from the published books, or the 10 sample chapters from the upcoming book. 

They will finally be introducing some characters from the books who haven't been in the show yet (Aeron "Damphair" Greyjoy, Balon Greyjoy, Euron Greyjoy,

Spoiler

Septon Meribald/the Elder Brother,

etc.), and bringing back characters who have been absent (Yara Greyjoy, Bran and his group, Rickon Stark & Osha, etc.)

The ONLY two (three?) characters who have "run out of story" from Martin's books are: Daenerys, Melisandre, and Jon Snow. Plus, the TV show will be including more 'flashbacks' - like the one with a young Cersei that kicked-off season 5. This 'flashback' material is well known to book readers.

Note: Apparently, the Drowned Priest from season 2 was not Aeron "Damphair" Greyjoy.  http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Drowned_Priest

44 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The trailer has me hyped for this season. Us book readers and non-book readers are pretty much on level ground now.

Not even. Riverlands, kingsmoot, Balon's death, the Greyjoys coming for Dany, parts of the Northern storyline, Varys' move to assassinate Kevan, blind Arya, Mercy chapter, the Tower of Joy , and parts of the Meereen storyline,

2 hours ago, KissedByFireLovedByIce said:

My thoughts:

1) It definitely seems that the High Sparrow has aligned with Jaime... but that means that Jaime will have to have done some serious penance. (Unless the HS believes that Jaime is innocent of sleeping with Cersei, and I don't think he does.)

2) 1:07 -- Are we sure that was Meereen? I keep thinking that that looks like King's Landing, similar to the Hand's chambers.

3) 1:15 -- I see Melisandre kissing either another woman or a pretty man. I agree with Mandzipop that she looks scared in the previous shot where she's undressing. The Arthur Smith suggested she's sacrificing herself for Lightbringer a la Nissa Nissa... excellent thought and very appropos! I don't think she'd do it for Davos to plunge Lightbringer, though... the one who does the plunging should be Azor Ahai himself... and I think she thinks that's Jon. 

4) Tower of Joy scene: I don't recall Dayne fighting two-handed in the books, but it would translate well on-screen... and the sword in his right hand is gorgeous; it could definitely be Dawn. 

3) That's Yara not Melisandre. Why would Melisandre be somewhere sunny? 

4) he doesn't fight with two swords in the books. Fighting with two swords is a very Hollywood thing to do 

Flayed man is most likely Ramsey, Stannis got chopped by the beauty of tarth. (BwB?)

I really wonder about the high sparrow scene, he is using the exact same words as tywin in the house lannister teaser? Coincidence? I dont think so!

(edit: Trailer starts with : Davos speaks to ghost : He's gone!)

(edit: Trailer ends: Davos speaks to ghost before he attacks guards)

Davos is most likey to take Jon's body while Melisandre is hooking up with Alliaster to distract him before they run off. 

/pumped!

34 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

3) That's Yara not Melisandre. Why would Melisandre be somewhere sunny? 

4) he doesn't fight with two swords in the books. Fighting with two swords is a very Hollywood thing to do 

But he does, Arthur Dayne is mentioned that he fought with 2 swords at times.

So is it confirmed anywhere that Pilou is definitely playing Euron?

It seems confirmed that he was cast as a pirate who terrorized all the seas and then Watchers on the Wall assumed that was Euron. Admittedly, that description would have to be Euron or Victarion - but am wondering if there is actually a casting sheet with names anywhere?

Archived