Season 6 Trailer

briantw

22 minutes ago, jbilgihan said:

Pretty much.  If GRRM wanted us to read Winds of Winter first he would've finished it.  If it isn't important to him it isn't important to me.

I have to agree with you.  The coming of season 6 was a good reason for GRRM to finish the Winds of Winter beforehand.  He hasn't, while he has admitted that he has trouble finishing a story when he knows how it ends.  I fear that this series will not be completed by the author that started it, simply because he became bored with it.  (Come on, GRRM, prove us wrong!  (Another thing he likes to do, add new history for characters that have died in the series.))

1 hour ago, jbilgihan said:

Pretty much.  If GRRM wanted us to read Winds of Winter first he would've finished it.  If it isn't important to him it isn't important to me.

James

I would call it distraction more than importance... His intention was to finish before GOT6, but as we all know he is a slow writer and with the appearances, interviews awards, etc. there wasn´t much hope of that happening...

Never the less in my opinion, GOT is just to far from the original but still capable to damage it... 

12 hours ago, matsuki said:

He only looks like "a man grown" if you're living in Korea/Japan. If he put back on the wig and some makeup, he could be in a boyband here.

To be fair, I was referring to the Westerosi definition of "a man grown" as 15.

This trailer makes the season look fucking amazing, I can't wait. The one thing that pisses me off, and I'm sure someone else has noted it to, but I don't have time to read all the comments is:

Jaime and Cersei! Grrrrrrrr. The new one handed path to redemption Jamie trying to navigate the politics of the Riverlands and ending the siege of Riverrun while adhering to his oath to Catelyn was one of my favourite parts of the novels, and "Bad Boys 3 - Adventures in Dorne" was the worst part of the TV series to this point.

I worry what the show is doing with Jamie's redemptive arc. Taking a man who casually tries to kill a young boy so he can continue fucking his sister in peace and turning him into a hero by the end is going to be one of Martin's greatest feats of writing.

On 10. März 2016 at 1:26 AM, 0LordCommanderSnow0 said:

Tyrion is definitely taking Quentyn's place in releasing the dragons. I'm guessing Tyrion will end up riding Viserion in the end, so it be cool to see them start a relationship between them in that scene.

Maybe Tyrion isn't just releasing the Dragons by accident  because he fails to control them, wondering why they don't kill hm.

Maybe he is forced to free  the dragons because the people of Mereen threaten to kill them, attempting to repeat the assault of the first Dance of Dragons. If Tyrion actually supports the dragons in escaping this may form a strong bond.

3 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

This trailer makes the season look fucking amazing, I can't wait. The one thing that pisses me off, and I'm sure someone else has noted it to, but I don't have time to read all the comments is:

Jaime and Cersei! Grrrrrrrr. The new one handed path to redemption Jamie trying to navigate the politics of the Riverlands and ending the siege of Riverrun while adhering to his oath to Catelyn was one of my favourite parts of the novels, and "Bad Boys 3 - Adventures in Dorne" was the worst part of the TV series to this point.

I worry what the show is doing with Jamie's redemptive arc. Taking a man who shoves a boy to his death so he can continue fucking his sister in peace and turning him into a hero by the end is going to be one of Martin's greatest feats of writing.

It does seem like the show is going back to Season One Jaime's a dick storyline.  I can't even say I'm complaining, even though the Jaime of AFFC and ADWD seeking redemption is one of my favorite characters...Season One Jaime was so entertaining and the actor played him so well.

On 3/10/2016 at 6:34 AM, Khione said:

Or he looked funny wearing one. It'd look even sillier on screen if he also had blue lips. They prefer a more 'realistic' approach to what characters look like. Daario isn't a cartoon for example.

A pirate with a beard and an eye patch, trope-ish to the max.

Do you really think this was done to be more realistic, or to make Daario sexier for the viewers who are attracted to men?

15 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

I worry what the show is doing with Jamie's redemptive arc. Taking a man who casually tries to kill a young boy so he can continue fucking his sister in peace and turning him into a hero by the end is going to be one of Martin's greatest feats of writing.

If you look at what Cersai is wearing in all of her scenes with Jamie, it is the same dress as what she was wearing whilst greeting Jamie and   Myrcella. It is probably from the beginning of the season. Look at the other clothes Cersai wears and it is always black, because she is in mourning for Myrcella.

Just now, Mandzipop said:

If you look at what Cersai is wearing in all of her scenes with Jamie, it is the same dress as what she was wearing whilst greeting Jamie and   Myrcella. It is probably from the beginning of the season. Look at the other clothes Cersai wears and it is always black, because she is in mourning for Myrcella.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting - that Jamie comes back and comforts her about Myrcella, then realizes he wants nothing more to do with her?

8 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

I'm not sure what you're suggesting - that Jamie comes back and comforts her about Myrcella, then realizes he wants nothing more to do with her?

I've just looked again and I think Jamie is dressed differently. Hard to tell with the light.

I think it will start off with them being together as he is consoling her, but I think she will start to push him away.

We know that later in the season he will be doing something that we already know will be against Cersai's wishes. Whatever Cersai says, she has not been acting in Tommen's best interests. If Jamie (and the filming shoots support this) acts in Tommen's interests he is going against Cersai.

8 minutes ago, Mandzipop said:

I've just looked again and I think Jamie is dressed differently. Hard to tell with the light.

I think it will start off with them being together as he is consoling her, but I think she will start to push him away.

We know that later in the season he will be doing something that we already know will be against Cersai's wishes. Whatever Cersai says, she has not been acting in Tommen's best interests. If Jamie (and the filming shoots support this) acts in Tommen's interests he is going against Cersai.

I feel better now; thanks.

Here's the aforementioned scene according to a redditor

Spoiler

Opening shot is the distanced shot of Jon's body from the trailer. Then a closer shot showing his face. He looks very pale. Then Melisandre and Davis in a dark room. She's visibly upset and he's sullen. Melisandre says what Luka typed below [read 'I saw him in the flames, fighting at Winterfell'] and then Davis responds something like, No matter what you saw, he's gone now.

56 minutes ago, Khione said:

Here's the aforementioned scene according to a redditor

Reveal hidden contents

Opening shot is the distanced shot of Jon's body from the trailer. Then a closer shot showing his face. He looks very pale. Then Melisandre and Davis in a dark room. She's visibly upset and he's sullen. Melisandre says what Luka typed below [read 'I saw him in the flames, fighting at Winterfell'] and then Davis responds something like, No matter what you saw, he's gone now.

Maybe this should be in the season 6 discussion thread.

Questions are being asked why certain people are helping Jon.

2 hours ago, Ser Hyle said:

Jaime in the books didn't truly break with Cersei until he to talk to Lancel and his confession about sleeping with Cersei, which happened pretty far into Feast. Up until then, Jaime constantly pines after Cersei and the love they once had, or though he had. Just like in the show. I don't think the show is doing anything all that different. He's more of a hero in the show than in the books. I mean, Cersei having an affair is what takes him to change. Think about that. Not the murders and evil stuff. Her sleeping with someone else.

20 hours ago, jbob said:

I mean, Cersei having an affair is what takes him to change. Think about that. Not the murders and evil stuff. Her sleeping with someone else.

I don't think so. He started his redemption in asos when he decided to be the lord commander instead of becoming the heir to Casterly Rock, or the hand to Tommen. He wants to do his duty, to be honorable, to do what he thinks it's right instead of what he's been told to do by Cersei or his father. At that time Jamie thinks Tyrion said Cersei fucked everybody just to be annoying and get some sort of revenge for what had happened with Tysha. Only when Lancel confesses their betrayal, he despises Cersei, but that's not the cause of his changing, it's a reinforcement of the process.

Archived