Season 6 Trailer

briantw

js-lives-03.gif

w49rqovfpl48zzahqokn.png

Jon is in a battle

Is that not the uniform of Winterfell? If that is Jon

*spoiler* forgive me I'm not sure how to use the spoiler tags from my phone.

But in the leaked images from the filming of season 6 Jon was spotted wearing the winter fell leathers.

8 hours ago, Lucailduca said:

I don't think so. He started his redemption in asos when he decided to be the lord commander instead of becoming the heir to Casterly Rock, or the hand to Tommen. He wants to do his duty, to be honorable, to do what he thinks it's right instead of what he's been told to do by Cersei or his father. At that time Jamie thinks Tyrion said Cersei fucked everybody just to be annoying and get some sort of revenge for what had happened with Tysha. Only when Lancel confesses their betrayal, he despises Cersei, but that's not the cause of his changing, it's a reinforcement of the process.

You're right. I understand that he started his redemption even early with his Brienne and having his hands cut off and stuff. Things were happening that pushed to him. Same is true with his relationship with Cersei. There was a specific moment when that happened and it was a gradual thing. I just don't understand why people think show Jaime should by this point already have changed completely. Like I said, he was still thinking of her way into the Feast. Which apparently we're going to get. There's still enough time for that moment. I mean, him burning the letter was the pivotal moment. He can't do that yet and it would undermine that moment (if they're doing it) if there's a clear break before that.

I was so excited this finally came out. Has anyone else been counting down the days? Just a few thoughts:

1 - I love what was said, but so much of it was just in the editing. Where is Sansa? Who is Tyrion telling they are in the game? Who is Sir Davos apologizing to? 

2 - I really think Jon has to be resurrected by fire. He's died 'in ice', since they left him there all night, bleeding. Otherwise he would be no better than one of the Night King's minions. 

3 - Not too upset about the whole Yara thing. The Iron Born are a strange group.

4 - Ghost is most certainly alive, and most likely protecting Jon's body from those who betrayed him. They appear to be in the room with those loyal to Lord Snow. Perhaps the violence he refers to is joining Ghost to protect Jon while the Red Priestess does her thing to bring him back. He won't be Jon Snow any longer, but Jon Targaryen, last son of Rhaegar and only son of Lyanna Stark. That sets up for...

5 - Tyrion freeing the dragons in Meereen. Unlike the unfortunate Martell who is roasted in the books, the dragons will be startled by the appearance of a dwarf, and once they realize they are being freed spare their savior in their rush to the open sky. Both fly off to find big brother, followed by:

5 - The traveling "We Love Danaerys" brother team. That's how Jorah finds the meadow with her ring (did anyone else notice the greyscale on his fingernail?). Then they follow the hoof prints, and the three dragons follow them to:

6 - Vas Dothrak and the biggest army in the known world. The three dragons, "stallions who mount the world" with their wings, convince the Dothraki to follow them back to Meereem and onto Westeros.

I have no idea is this is where we are headed, but that would be my ideal season.

I think the trailer is very, very good. I like the music and I like how they cut the scenes. The only thing that bothered me was the Tower of Joy scene where they show the Stark "men."  They did not look like men, but rather like prepubescent boys. That is just disappointingly Hollywood. I had a feeling that would happen when I saw the kid that would play Ned Stark. Evidently he is not old enough to even have to shave. They looked like a boy band and not warriors that could best Ser Arthur Dayne. I was expecting them to break out in a carefully choreographed dance while lip-syncing.

9 minutes ago, Lovely Lyanna said:

I think the trailer is very, very good. I like the music and I like how they cut the scenes. The only thing that bothered me was the Tower of Joy scene where they show the Stark "men."  They did not look like men, but rather like prepubescent boys. That is just disappointingly Hollywood. I had a feeling that would happen when I saw the kid that would play Ned Stark. Evidently he is not old enough to even have to shave. They looked like a boy band and not warriors that could best Ser Arthur Dayne. I was expecting them to break out in a carefully choreographed dance while lip-syncing.

There is more than one flashback. Sebastian Croft (who is playing a young Ned Stark) is not part of the Tower of Joy Scene.

1 hour ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

I was so excited this finally came out. Has anyone else been counting down the days? Just a few thoughts:

1 - I love what was said, but so much of it was just in the editing. Where is Sansa? Who is Tyrion telling they are in the game? Who is Sir Davos apologizing to? 

2 - I really think Jon has to be resurrected by fire. He's died 'in ice', since they left him there all night, bleeding. Otherwise he would be no better than one of the Night King's minions. 

3 - Not too upset about the whole Yara thing. The Iron Born are a strange group.

4 - Ghost is most certainly alive, and most likely protecting Jon's body from those who betrayed him. They appear to be in the room with those loyal to Lord Snow. Perhaps the violence he refers to is joining Ghost to protect Jon while the Red Priestess does her thing to bring him back. He won't be Jon Snow any longer, but Jon Targaryen, last son of Rhaegar and only son of Lyanna Stark. That sets up for...

5 - Tyrion freeing the dragons in Meereen. Unlike the unfortunate Martell who is roasted in the books, the dragons will be startled by the appearance of a dwarf, and once they realize they are being freed spare their savior in their rush to the open sky. Both fly off to find big brother, followed by:

5 - The traveling "We Love Danaerys" brother team. That's how Jorah finds the meadow with her ring (did anyone else notice the greyscale on his fingernail?). Then they follow the hoof prints, and the three dragons follow them to:

6 - Vas Dothrak and the biggest army in the known world. The three dragons, "stallions who mount the world" with their wings, convince the Dothraki to follow them back to Meereem and onto Westeros.

I have no idea is this is where we are headed, but that would be my ideal season.

lots of fan fic and wishful thinking here, 

and not greyscale on Jorah's  fingernail, just a nice piece of accidental embellishment,  poor Iain Glen probably slammed his finger in a car door or hit it with a hammer.

First off, great trailer IMO. Couple of things I just want to say (BOOKSPOILERS INSIDE!):

-          More indirect proof of L+R=J. Tower of Joy scene with (probably) young Ned & (probably) Arthur Dayne. I call it (indirect) proof because; why would they show it if it wasn’t significant? We barely saw/heard any hints on R+L=J in the show, so showing the ToJ scene makes no sense unless R+L=J is true (not that I had much doubt left).

-          Jon resurrection / not dead / or ‘whatever’ proof (Jon will return). Not talking about the guy who is fighting which seems to be Jon, but the scenes with Ghost / Melisandre / Davos. No other dead person had similar scene’s like that. Why does Jon have one; because he will be resurrected. He will be AAR (Melisandre realizes she was wrong about Stannis). The pieces are dropping on its place.

-          Dany will (with help of at least Drogon) probably take over the Dothraki and at the end of the season arrive in Westeros (not sure about the last part).

-          Euron seems to be killed of just like his brother was in the books (dropping of the bridge). I.M.O. kinda lame they introduce him and kill him of right away (assuming they will do that).

-          Cersei & Jamie vs. the Faith. That’s gonna be fun.

Anyway, going to watch the show and not wait for book 6. Couple of reasons:

-          I don’t want to avoid all the spoilers

-          Book 6 is just around the corner (let say a year from now). But book 7 will take at least 5 more years. No way I will wait 3 years after the show has ended for the books. Of course I will read them, but I won’t wait that long. So no use in waiting now.

I think Dany will leave for Westeros at the end of this season but not arrive until the next one.  What makes you think Euron will die? All the rumours from filming suggest he kills Balon (on a rope bridge as in the books), he wins the Kingsmoot and sends someone to Meereen.

2 hours ago, Attitude said:

Euron seems to be killed of just like his brother was in the books (dropping of the bridge). I.M.O. kinda lame they introduce him and kill him of right away (assuming they will do that).

Filming spoilers: 

Balon is confirmed to be returning, so Euron on the bridge indicates that Euron will be the one who kills Balon.

12 hours ago, Lovely Lyanna said:

Ned would only have been 19 or so at the time. He should look fairly young. 

6 hours ago, Attitude said:

-       Book 6 is just around the corner (let say a year from now). But book 7 will take at least 5 more years. No way I will wait 3 years after the show has ended for the books. Of course I will read them, but I won’t wait that long. So no use in waiting now.

5 years for book 7?? Thats brutal, I am definitely going to watch the tv show.

Do you think George has started DoS already?

and Are we expecting TWOW Oct-Dec this year? or earlier?

I always thought Daenerys would end up commanding the khalasar that finds her at the end of ADWD thanks to Drogon's being the most incredible and terrifying mount they've ever seen. But after this trailer, with the khalasar bringing Dany back to Vaes Dothrak (presumably to join the dosh khaleen), and the timing of the High Sparrow's voiceover, I'm thinking she's going to continue on her trajectory of freeing slaves and rising up against their oppressors, like she did with the slaves in Yunkai and Meereen, and overthrow the khalasar.

But all I really care about with this trailer is TOWER OF JOY CONFIRMED (basically). 

10 hours ago, DrewStark said:
10 hours ago, DrewStark said:

5 years for book 7?? Thats brutal, I am definitely going to watch the tv show.

Do you think George has started DoS already?

and Are we expecting TWOW Oct-Dec this year? or earlier?

I've made my prediction of a October/November release date for while now. aDoS should hopefully be a quicker process than the past two books considering it's now the end game and it's wrapping up all the plot threads and not introducing anything new plus George has said he's got a pretty good idea about the ending. Although you could use the final novel argument against me though.

You have feel bad for the poor guy considering when tWoW hits he's just then going to get bombarded with questions of when the final book is gonna come out.

15 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

I think Dany will leave for Westeros at the end of this season but not arrive until the next one.  What makes you think Euron will die? All the rumours from filming suggest he kills Balon (on a rope bridge as in the books), he wins the Kingsmoot and sends someone to Meereen.

I think you mean leave Essos. 

14 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

Filming spoilers: 

Hidden Content

I jumped to conclusions way too fast. I really didn't think that one through..

Of course Euron throws Balon of the bridge (book theories are pretty much the same right?). It totally makes sense; we probably see it, but none of the Iron Born will know obviosly.

On 3/14/2016 at 9:15 PM, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

1 - I love what was said, but so much of it was just in the editing.

Where is Sansa? Who is Tyrion telling they are in the game? Who is Sir Davos apologizing to? 

1. True, edited but still delicious.

1a.  Sansa fled with Theon last we saw so likely near Winterfell in the Wolf's wood or on their way to the best likely northern ally, and who's trying to lead the way, Sansa or Theon?  Ramsay will have found out about Myranda and loves the hunt so we should expect him to track her.

1b. Tyrion - not entirely sure, could be Varys, Missandei or Greyworm.  I suspect Tyrion will devise a saddle illustration to be commissioned at some point, and since Dany appears to be away from Meereen for quite a bit yet, maybe Tyrion has to deal with the dragons in some manner, he is running affairs effectively so.... maybe there'll be a good reason for it, like them not growing well in confinement, etc... we'll see. 

1c.  Davos is likely speaking to the leadership of The Watch, or Jon's supporters but I think yhe editing is misleading us as the flow of the scene... possibly.

2.  Well that's the 100,000 dollar question isn't it?  Bittersweet I 'spect.

3. Nah, me either, they're interesting but so far not proving to be worthy of interest, about to change me thinks.

4. If they'd developed his warging more with Ghost, they might be able to pulloff a decent warging of Jon into Ghost, then it'd actually be Jon presiding over his own body... now that'd cook your noodle!

5. Remains to be seen.  Obviously something up with Tyrion and saddles, which might prove useful to any 3 possible candidates, Dany being one.

6. I'm curious what they're going to do to fill Jorah's storyline since he spent so much more time subservient to Tyrion in the books, but they'll probably be tracking Drogon whom is probably following the huge Dothraki horde Dany is a part of, or both it and Dany.  I do think the blackened fingernail represents the greyscale.  Cut it off Jorah... do it!

7. Possible... this is the question she's faced with...  I don't doubt she'll cow the Dosh Kahleen.  Dragons don't hurt!

Should be a wild season....

My first impression of Euron is a bit underwhelming. He should appear more dangerous imho. Maybe that changes with the performance though, but if they reduce the surviving Greyjoys brothers to just this one my expectations are a bit higher than they would be elsewise. 

6 hours ago, John Doe said:

My first impression of Euron is a bit underwhelming. He should appear more dangerous imho. Maybe that changes with the performance though, but if they reduce the surviving Greyjoys brothers to just this one my expectations are a bit higher than they would be elsewise. 

Well, they confirmed they cast Aeron Greyjoy. But not sure how significant he's going to be in this season and so forth.

11 minutes ago, Rychard Wrythen said:

No matter how it looks I can't envision Davos sacrificing Ghost. Must be diversionary advertising ...

Well it's inevitable that Ghost have to die for Jon to come back in both the show and book. One way or another.

Archived