Acrophilia #9

yomi

21 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

March for your crown and climb a mountain high. Watch the sun as it sinks down. See the world through older eyes. Honey's sweet, I promise you, and so is the smell of rose. It wafts to you a simple truth, whispered to your nose.

Who or what am I?

Hmm...

Spoiler

Jon Snow, at the Wall, as signified by the blue rose seen through Dany's visions in the HotU?

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Hmm...

Reveal hidden contents

Jon Snow, at the Wall, as signified by the blue rose seen through Dany's visions in the HotU?

Nope.

I'm rather certain this is a worse riddle than most of my clues. The approach isn't entirely terrible but it isn't good... and I rushed it.

I'll post the answer tomorrow if nobody performs a miracle.

Now its starting to seem like Renly talking to Loras as they goto the secret place where Loras later ends up burying him. I am unable to apply logic to this clue at all.

Oops I just read your hint:

Spoiler

Is it written like a travelogue for the Reach - can see possible references to Honeywine river, Honeyhold etc, the Tyrell rose, the Sunset sea, Whispering sound, The first part may refer to the Dornish Marches, and the Crownlands which border the Reach, older eyes could just be Oldtown or the lighthouse there or even the Citadel, mountain high I am not sure.. maybe the Red Mountains on souther border or Hightower maybe ...

March for your crown and climb a mountain high. Watch the sun as it sinks down. See the world through older eyes. Honey's sweet, I promise you, and so is the smell of rose. It wafts to you a simple truth, whispered to your nose.

59 minutes ago, Castellan said:

Oops I just read your hint:

Hide contents

Is it written like a travelogue for the Reach - can see possible references to Honeywine river, Honeyhold etc, the Tyrell rose, the Sunset sea, Whispering sound, The first part may refer to the Dornish Marches, and the Crownlands which border the Reach, older eyes could just be Oldtown or the lighthouse there or even the Citadel, mountain high I am not sure.. maybe the Red Mountains on souther border or Hightower maybe ...

Yay! Thank you Castellan and thank you baby Jesus! Now I don't feel quite so bad at riddles.

This is the correct answer.

Spoiler

In order, the references to "The geography of the Reach" were:

Dornish Marches

Crownlands

Red Mountains

Sunset (sun go down) Sea

Oldtown

Honeywine

Rosewood

Whispering Sound

12 hours ago, a free shadow said:

an easy riddle...

gets no blood of a king, and gets blood of a king,

royal dance with no dragons,

at blue moon a wolf howls

:ninja:

ruminations....

Spoiler

I have no ideas other than the first line makes me think of Melisandra wanting royal blood to burn - she thinks she has Mance but she doesn't, the second could be Stannis' royal dance which has been against the Lannisters and Renly - no Targs involved - and the last could be something about Jon up there at the Wall with Stannis and Melisandre.

The first line could also playing on two ways of getting blood - genetically - being fathered, or not fathered, by a king, or by killing a king - which likewise gets me nowhere.

Or maybe it is about the red wedding

Spoiler

if about red wedding ....

blood of king could mean Walder did not get blood of king Robb into his line so he got his real blood

instead

royal dance .. a battle for a throne, not involving Targaryeans .. & at the wedding Robb felt obliged to dance with Walder's daughters

wolf howls at at blue moon ... presumably Greywind ... i don't know why its a blue moon

That was a good riddle for the Reach!

10 hours ago, Castellan said:

ruminations....

Some good thoughts :ninja: Some not very good.

Spoiler

But not the Red Wedding.

I must admit I have taken some liberties with the riddle, as I thought it will be solved very easily in any case.

But definitely not any big liberties, just that some details might need  little twisted approach :ninja:

On 2016. 03. 17. at 8:07 PM, a free shadow said:

an easy riddle...

Wild guess:

Spoiler

The Red Wedding? Walder Frey doesn't get a king's blood for his family (no marriage with the Starks), but the King-in-the-North is stabbed to death. There is literal dancing as well as dance in the sense of 'fight'. Not sure about the blue moon and the wolf but it makes me think of both Grey Wind and Nymeria. Grey Wind is also killed at the Red Wedding, while Arya is right outside looking for her family, and Nymeria may sense the trouble.   

Good riddles, Dolorous Gabe and Ser Not Appearing! I didn't have time to think about them much, but I like both of them. The solution to the Davos riddle hit me just a moment before I checked the spoiler box for the answer. I would never have guessed the answer to the riddle about the Reach, but that's not a complaint. It was a very poetic riddle, too. 

Spoiler

Re shadows clue - I am starting to think my original instinct about separate events may be correct. Probably contemporaneous events. I think the wolf must be Nymeria as seen in visions by Jon in Ghost's body. I can't figure out the other events though. It would make sense if they are things Jon or Ghost are doing or one of the other Starks and their wolves esp Arya.

The blood part could be about Stannis's desire to burn a king which is part of what Jon has to deal with as soon as he wakes up. Stannis wants to burn Mance and his son for extra strong magic. He doesn't get either of them but think he does. It still doesn't seem to be a fact you'd stick in a clue if you were looking for contemporaneous events though, as its just what Stannis and Jon are parlaying about. 

A royal dance with no dragons could mean the way Jon and Stannis are negotiating, its not just about the castles on the wall but about Stannis trying to get Jon's support by making him heir to Winterfell and bringing the Northern bannermen to him. Its sad isn't it, Stannis wouldn't listen to Catelyn/Robbs common sense about joining with Robb and now he really needs Jon to bring those forces to him.

10 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Wild guess:

Spoiler

Not the Red Wedding.

6 hours ago, Castellan said:
  Hide contents

Re shadows clue - I am starting to think my original instinct about separate events may be correct.

NOT separate events. Everything leads to the same one :ninja:

Another wild guess:

Spoiler

The Night's King (possibly a Stark) and the Night's Queen, the woman with skin as white as the moon and eyes bright blue?

(Probably not.)

The "blue moon" also makes me think of the coat of arms of House Arryn, although the moon is the only thing there that isn't blue, and I can't t think of a way in which the other clues might fit in with the Arryns anyway.

On 17.3.2016 at 8:07 PM, a free shadow said:

an easy riddle...

Hide contents

How about Sansa? She doesn't get to marry a king and thus doesn't get to get a king's children/blood, but she is a Stark, so she has got the blood of the Stark kings.

She dances with royals, but they are no Targs or dragons of any kind.

She is a Stark/wolf and cried/howled for Lady and her family, and she is now in the Vale, whose lords, the Arryns, have blue and a moon in their coat-of-arms.

In a few hours you'll get your first characters, but if you're bored here is my own try at a riddle:

Farewell knight, farewell father, farewell mother, farewell teacher, farewell brother, farewell child. Farewell lord, farewell king?

Who or what is left?

Archived