TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Mind the pedestrian Richard 

:rofl:

:wub:

Oh Hyacinth. I do love your candlelight suppers. 

I can hear her voice ever so perfectly. Rutledge was a genius. 

I wanted to quote some folks but I'm too dang tired. It's only 8:15pm and I'm beat. Cora must be so ashamed of her dear old spam mother :lol: 

Cora, in my humble opinion, it is not wrong or judgmental of anybody to expect a person to hold up to social standards. Homeless people are in the periphery of society and in need of  society's help and effort to reintegrate. If somebody needs society's help (shelter, food, clothing, programs to try and get back to normal life) to be part of that society, it is the least to try and hold up to that society's standards as best as they can, not only because society expects it, but because not holding up to its standards will only cast them out more and cut them off more from the rest of the people, and that's not what anybody wants. I do not feel bad about not giving money to someone who stinks and if that makes me judgmental, I will embrace being judgmental. And I don't think anybody should feel bad about being bothered by someone changing pants in the open. That's obviously just my opinion, and everybody is free to disagree and judge to whatever content they wish. 

Wow, it has been long since I saw that many new posts when I logged in. I like it. :)

I was so tired yesterday, I do not know what happened there. I finished the French course and we went out for tea/cocoa/beer (almost wrote bear there)/whatever and when I came home, I almost fell asleep in the living room, although I have slept an hour or so in the afternoon. :blink:

They are offering me that I might start teaching a second course next week. I was really surprised to see that! Especially since well, they do not even know how I am teaching for now, since I have not even finished my first course yet (and the students have given no feedback yet).

Aaaaand now I have to prepare the lesson for today's afternoon ...

RB, I do not think it is judgmental either. It is not anybody's obligation to give any money to anybody. You can choose what to do with it, if you will give it to anybody or not, and you can choose whom to give it.

On 3/14/2016 at 2:01 AM, Buckwheat said:

Welcome to the club. :grouphug:

Elgernon! Ahoy! How is life? How are both girls? You were not seen quite long in here!

life is good.  the girls are growing like little weeds, and are generally crazy.  I moved and got a new job and such and haven't had much time to spam

39 minutes ago, Eyron said:

Good luck with teaching, finding pets, exams, not running over pedestrians, feeling better, and life in general, dear spammers.

seconded :cheers: 

I am so tired. For some reason I got zero sleep last night, just tossed and turned from 8 hours... But I had to get up to receive my grocery shopping (#lifeishard), then I was going to have a nap before I go out. I tossed and turned for an hour and Finally fell asleep and then what happened? The doorbell rang. 

Then I went to the salon and ran a couple errands and bought tons of chocolate, because I have a problem and then I came back home and did a workout and had a very late lunch... Very early dinner...? Whichever. And now I want to go to bed and sleep. Oh, my Amazon order arrived. So I will have some chocolate and browse through that and then go to sleep... In fact I should do something about my nails because they look horrendous... And do the dishes. Well, you get the idea, I won't be going bed now. 

I am so tired. For some reason I got zero sleep last night, just tossed and turned from 8 hours... But I had to get up to receive my grocery shopping (#lifeishard), then I was going to have a nap before I go out. I tossed and turned for an hour and Finally fell asleep and then what happened? The doorbell rang. 

Then I went to the salon and ran a couple errands and bought tons of chocolate, because I have a problem and then I came back home and did a workout and had a very late lunch... Very early dinner...? Whichever. And now I want to go to bed and sleep. Oh, my Amazon order arrived. So I will have some chocolate and browse through that and then go to sleep... In fact I should do something about my nails because they look horrendous... And do the dishes. Well, you get the idea, I won't be going bed now. 

Nights like that are the worst, it gets so frustrating after a while. At least chocolate and Amazon orders are nice.

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Nights like that are the worst, it gets so frustrating after a while. At least chocolate and Amazon orders are nice.

Yeah, and the next day you feel like you are hungover when you never even drunk. Chocolate compensates of course. 

7 hours ago, Eyron said:

Good luck with teaching, finding pets, exams, not running over pedestrians, feeling better, and life in general, dear spammers.

Hi! Are you well already? Hope that nasty kidney thing is behind you :) any renovation news? 

My god, how did I become so exceptionally lazy? It's like I can't motivate myself to do anything for school these days, it's my final year of high school but I've never worked less for it :dunno: Which is stupid because it hasn't become easier.

The good news is it feels like I can finally hear through my right ear again.

14 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

Yeah, and the next day you feel like you are hungover when you never even drunk. Chocolate compensates of course. 

I've been known to call in sick at school after nights like that, I'm no use to anybody if I get less than seven hours of sleep :P 

18 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

My god, how did I become so exceptionally lazy? It's like I can't motivate myself to do anything for school these days, it's my final year of high school but I've never worked less for it :dunno: Which is stupid because it hasn't become easier.

I've been known to call in sick at school after nights like that, I'm no use to anybody if I get less than seven hours of sleep :P 

Some laziness is okay. Just remember not to be as lazy as to not be able to get to the university programme you want to because ot it. ;)

Your parents wrote you excuses for this? Because mine totally would not. And to be honest, I would not write an excuse for my child in such a case either.

Some laziness is okay. Just remember not to be as lazy as to not be able to get to the university programme you want to because ot it. [emoji6]

Your parents wrote you excuses for this? Because mine totally would not. And to be honest, I would not write an excuse for my child in such a case either.

Well my nr. 1 candidate, Journalism, isn't a university so as long as I pass my exams they'll accept me, the grades don't really matter beyond that. But not passing my exams is looking like a realistic option atm, mainly due to that laziness. I just can't really bring myself to care about it.

They did, they can be pretty chill about that stuff.

21 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

:rofl:

:wub:

Oh Hyacinth. I do love your candlelight suppers. 

I can hear her voice ever so perfectly. Rutledge was a genius. 

I wanted to quote some folks but I'm too dang tired. It's only 8:15pm and I'm beat. Cora must be so ashamed of her dear old spam mother :lol: 

We used to call my nanna Hyacinth because she was a bit "ooh laa Dee daa" like her and was very funny the way she went on with my grandad. 

Ironically perhaps, my grandparents on my Mam's side are much like Diasy and Onslo...

eta; do love me a good old sitcom. Or any British humour really. Carry on... Films are always worth a watch

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

We used to call my nanna Hyacinth because she was a bit "ooh laa Dee daa" like her and was very funny the way she went on with my grandad. 

Ironically perhaps, my grandparents on my Mam's side are much like Diasy and Onslo...

eta; do love me a good old sitcom. Or any British humour really. Carry on... Films are always worth a watch

Daisy & Onslo are the best! 

Update on mail theft: my neighbor comes out of his house today and produces not 1 but 2 packages of mine. He said he found them on his porch last night.

Like what? Why would he have my packages for nearly a week? And why would UPS not notify me that they were there? I'm baffled. 

Now I'm really curious as to who(m?) ripped up our cacti and even more curious as to what happened to my secret Santa gifts.  People are so strange. 

Watching Fried Green Tomatoes - forgot how awesome this movie is. 

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Have you seen Black Books? That's a lot of fun.

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Like what? Why would he have my packages for nearly a week? And why would UPS not notify me that they were there? I'm baffled.

Odd. Is it possible they were on his porch for the whole time without him noticing them sooner? Otherwise I can't imagine what the thieves are thinking if they're taking stuff then putting it back somewhere else. Maybe the problem is the delivery person flaking out and stuff is never arriving rather than being stolen? But that would mean the plant thief is most likely someone different. :blink:

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

well, have you watch the flying circus? whose line is it anyway? the big fat quiz of the year. that's what i pesonaly find funny.

15 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I know this feeling so well. I have no idea what happened to me after high school but there was a massive drop in the Fs I give about my education. 

Good to hear :) 

My parents wouldn't have let me do that and I don't think I would have asked them either, because I knew they would have said no. I did take every single "legit" opportunity to not go to school though. In senior year there was actually a threat that I would have to take additional exams because I missed too many classes :lol: (I had a paper for all of them of course, I was a good girl) 

9 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Daisy & Onslo are the best! 

Update on mail theft: my neighbor comes out of his house today and produces not 1 but 2 packages of mine. He said he found them on his porch last night.

Now I'm really curious as to who(m?) ripped up our cacti and even more curious as to what happened to my secret Santa gifts.  People are so strange. 

Watching Fried Green Tomatoes - forgot how awesome this movie is. 

:eek: on his porch? This is very strange to my Eastern European brain. The postman will just leave a package on your porch? Just like that? I know that's how it works in movies, but that's actually a real life thing in the US? Here it is absolutely unthinkable to drop a package like that. If you aren't home to receive it, the postman will leave a notification sheet in your mailbox that you can pick it up at this and this post office for ten days (then they return it to the sender). And when you do go to pick up your package you have to identify yourself (ID and residence card) to make sure nobody else can get hold of your package. A package left on a porch wouldn't last half an hour before it gets stolen for good in this country. 

I really hope your mail and cacti thief gets caught. :grouphug: 

Archived