TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

8 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

I know this feeling so well. I have no idea what happened to me after high school but there was a massive drop in the Fs I give about my education. 

Good to hear :) 

My parents wouldn't have let me do that and I don't think I would have asked them either, because I knew they would have said no. I did take every single "legit" opportunity to not go to school though. In senior year there was actually a threat that I would have to take additional exams because I missed too many classes :lol: (I had a paper for all of them of course, I was a good girl) 

Yeah, it's like 'eh, if I fail that'll just extend my childhood by a year basically, I'll just do this next year and relax until then.'

My parents thought it was a valid reason for calling in sick, I have to admit I've taken advantage of that repeatedly.
You have to miss a LOT of classes here before you'd get a warning like that :P And I never doubted you were a good girl.

21 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Daisy & Onslo are the best! 

Update on mail theft: my neighbor comes out of his house today and produces not 1 but 2 packages of mine. He said he found them on his porch last night.

Like what? Why would he have my packages for nearly a week? And why would UPS not notify me that they were there? I'm baffled. 

Now I'm really curious as to who(m?) ripped up our cacti and even more curious as to what happened to my secret Santa gifts.  People are so strange. 

Watching Fried Green Tomatoes - forgot how awesome this movie is. 

Elizabeth and Emmit though :wub: That is part of why we called my nanna Hyacinth actually. There is a bakery van that drives around our estate and my nanna (when were younger and she was more mobile. Obviously she was too ill to get out later in life)used to go out to get her bread order and if she saw her neighbour across the road she's shout across and say "I'll pop the kettle on, tea in 5 minutes Shiela?" And then leave before Shiela could say yes or no :lol: I like to think Shiela enjoyed those visits more than Elizabeth though...

Your neighbourhood is very peculiar LadyO 

16 hours ago, felice said:

Have you seen Black Books? That's a lot of fun.

Odd. Is it possible they were on his porch for the whole time without him noticing them sooner? Otherwise I can't imagine what the thieves are thinking if they're taking stuff then putting it back somewhere else. Maybe the problem is the delivery person flaking out and stuff is never arriving rather than being stolen? But that would mean the plant thief is most likely someone different. :blink:

Not seen Black Books but I have heard good things about it. Might give it a try some day

15 hours ago, Will Lannister said:

well, have you watch the flying circus? whose line is it anyway? the big fat quiz of the year. that's what i pesonaly find funny.

I do love a bit of 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown, especially when the lovely Sarah Millican :wub: is on, And Mock the Week. Big Fat Quiz of the Year is good, apart from wanting to punch Jimmy Carr. He is so irritating.

23 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Elizabeth and Emmit though :wub: That is part of why we called my nanna Hyacinth actually. There is a bakery van that drives around our estate and my nanna (when were younger and she was more mobile. Obviously she was too ill to get out later in life)used to go out to get her bread order and if she saw her neighbour across the road she's shout across and say "I'll pop the kettle on, tea in 5 minutes Shiela?" And then leave before Shiela could say yes or no :lol: I like to think Shiela enjoyed those visits more than Elizabeth though...

Your neighbourhood is very peculiar LadyO 

Not seen Black Books but I have heard good things about it. Might give it a try some day

I do love a bit of 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown, especially when the lovely Sarah Millican :wub: is on, And Mock the Week. Big Fat Quiz of the Year is good, apart from wanting to punch Jimmy Carr. He is so irritating.

Such a great show! Your nanna sounds like a hoot! Have you been home recently to see the pups and your parents? 

To answer you, Felice and RB without a bunch of quotes: my neighborhood is very strange. Im still trying to put the pieces together as to why my neighbor had my boxes. I'm glad he did, but it's just so weird. I don't feel so creeped out that someone could be watching my home. What's even more strange is that the nice lady and her mother have disappeared that live with him. I usually said hi to one or the other once a week but I haven't seen either in about 2 months. Maybe UPS took them? Lol. It's weird though. 

Happy St. Patrick's day to those that celebrate :cheers:

i am am very happy to report that Lil O had his first cavities filled and he did amazingly well! I'm so proud of him :) 

20 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

Such a great show! Your nanna sounds like a hoot! Have you been home recently to see the pups and your parents? 

To answer you, Felice and RB without a bunch of quotes: my neighborhood is very strange. Im still trying to put the pieces together as to why my neighbor had my boxes. I'm glad he did, but it's just so weird. I don't feel so creeped out that someone could be watching my home. What's even more strange is that the nice lady and her mother have disappeared that live with him. I usually said hi to one or the other once a week but I haven't seen either in about 2 months. Maybe UPS took them? Lol. It's weird though. 

Happy St. Patrick's day to those that celebrate :cheers:

i am am very happy to report that Lil O had his first cavities filled and he did amazingly well! I'm so proud of him :) 

I was home for the weekend a couple of weeks ago and we took the pup (who is bigger than Charlie now?!) to his training class. It was only his second time there, but he was actually pretty good. Apart from the walking - he is very boisterous and energetic and likes to try and pull everywhere. Mother sip reports that he walks much better now. I'll be back home for a week or so when uni finishes for the Easter break at the start of April. Btw, if KiDisaster happens to read this, the dragon toy you bought which he stole from Charlie is his absolute favourite. He takes it to bed with him and will lie with it under his head if he dozes during the day. He also drives everyone mad squeaking it when he is playing :D 

Anyway LadyO, how are your pooches? You got the toilet training sorted if I remember correctly? 

Well done LittleO :) Dentists are awful places for small children.

I was at the dentist recently too and she told me I need braces. But as i am over 18 the NHS don't cover it and it's £3000 that I need to pay myself. Funny how they never told me this all those years I was going before, when my teeth were as noticeably crooked as they are now (several of the overlap each other/grow in slant wise).

9 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I was home for the weekend a couple of weeks ago and we took the pup (who is bigger than Charlie now?!) to his training class. It was only his second time there, but he was actually pretty good. Apart from the walking - he is very boisterous and energetic and likes to try and pull everywhere. Mother sip reports that he walks much better now. I'll be back home for a week or so when uni finishes for the Easter break at the start of April. Btw, if KiDisaster happens to read this, the dragon toy you bought which he stole from Charlie is his absolute favourite. He takes it to bed with him and will lie with it under his head if he dozes during the day. He also drives everyone mad squeaking it when he is playing :D 

Anyway LadyO, how are your pooches? You got the toilet training sorted if I remember correctly? 

I was at the dentist recently too and she told me I need braces. But as i am over 18 the NHS don't cover it and it's £3000 that I need to pay myself. Funny how they never told me this all those years I was going before, when my teeth were as noticeably crooked as they are now (several of the overlap each other/grow in slant wise).

Good for Pup!! I'm going to have to take this little beast Lucy to training courses. She has gotten better but still has many moments. She has started to relax a little and is more trusting. I'm 99.9% positive someone traumatized her before we got her. She just acts like an abused dog which breaks my heart. She's a very loving stinker though. And my poor old Charlie Brown has been hobbling for over a week now. I took him to the vet but the medicine isn't working so we will go back on Sunday. 

Our dentist is awesome. They are so good with adults and kids. I love them. 

I'm not familiar with the NHS - is that like insurance? Are they suggesting orthodontia now due to wisdom teeth? That seems pretty awful that they wouldn't have said something earlier if it was something you needed. Can it wait until you are done with school? 

38 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

Good for Pup!! I'm going to have to take this little beast Lucy to training courses. She has gotten better but still has many moments. She has started to relax a little and is more trusting. I'm 99.9% positive someone traumatized her before we got her. She just acts like an abused dog which breaks my heart. She's a very loving stinker though. And my poor old Charlie Brown has been hobbling for over a week now. I took him to the vet but the medicine isn't working so we will go back on Sunday. 

Our dentist is awesome. They are so good with adults and kids. I love them. 

I'm not familiar with the NHS - is that like insurance? Are they suggesting orthodontia now due to wisdom teeth? That seems pretty awful that they wouldn't have said something earlier if it was something you needed. Can it wait until you are done with school? 

Well Oscar is a Spaniel and from the start we could tell he was going to be mischievous, so we decided to take him to classes early on. He wasn't a rescue dog though. Actually he came from a very small litter - only him and two others, which is pretty small. We've had rescue dogs before but my parents are a bit wary about that after a few bad experiences, and worrying they couldn't devote the time a rescue dog would need. 

Hope Charlie Brown is okay. Do they know what's wrong? Our Charlie often gets things caught in the pads of his paws so we always seem to be checking them of a night to make sure he doesn't cut himself.

I guess it's kind of like insurance yeah. Basically you don't pay for most health care stuff under the age of 16 (or 18 in full time education). Not sure what the upper age limit is but I suspect 65+ in line with retirement. If you qualify for a HS2 (which is assessed on income)  you also get your free prescriptions and stuff no matter your age. To quote the lovely Julie Walters "That's the great thing about the NHS, you can feel free to lapse into any length of coma without running up a big bill!" 

Im not sure it's urgent, so I could wait probably. Until, you know, I actually earn some money...

I don't know why they are only suggesting it now. I have thought for a long time I likely needed braces (my front teeth are visibly overlapping and several others are crooked/set back/overlapped. And I have low mobility in my jaw (which irritated the dentist as she tried to jam a camera into my mouth and realised I couldn't open my mouth that far) but nothing was ever said.  Chances are my old dentist was just a bit useless, since this is my first appointment with my new dentist for this address (I had a checkup in the north east in september but decided to register here in Tottenham because I'm here for at least two years). Who knows. I won't be getting it done though, I can't afford that and I won't ask my parents for that; not that I think they could fork out that much at the drop of a hat anyway.

on a related note, my nanna's will and so on is almost sorted at last. We had a long delay waiting for the necessary documents. Turns out they had mistyped the cover letter so it went to number 1 instead of number 11 :rolleyes: professionals...

apparently I was left some money by her. I feel bad accepting it because she already gave me a sum when I started uni saying it was my inheritance, but she wanted to see me put it to good use while she was alive. My uncle (who was more or less her primary carer for the past 10 years) says that was just her way of getting me to accept the money she wanted to gift me, but I still feel bad for taking this other money.

Its now approaching 4.00am, perhaps I ought to sleep. I've been listening to How Big How Blue album on repeat all night 

First, in our education system you can't fail a year a high school. Or technically you can and vocal school people do. But in a grammar school it's absolutely unthinkable. It's not like in college. I guess education systems are different. Good luck with whatever happens :) 

And yeah, same here with the number of missed classes. I think the cap was 250 classes and I had  around 200-220 maybe? Something like that. There was one girl who had more missed classes than me though. 

LadyO, that sounds pretty creepy :eek: I wonder what happened to the mother and the lady. Omg... I hope everything will be alright. 

I had the weirdest dream last night. My brain does crazy things with all the input it gets throughout a day. Crocodiles in a hot tub, mango juice, walls falling apart, texting Sam Claflin. 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You mean, dentists are awful places for everybody. :leaving: Fun story time. When I was in second class (aged 8 or so), I avoided going to the dentist for very long. I was there several times and they could not make me sit still enough for them to drill my cavity out because it hurt me so much. I stood up and walked out every time. My parents and other relatives were promising me all kinds of things if I would just let the dentist do that, but I always got too frightened or it was too painful and I ran away. In the end, they took me to another dentist (we had one at school) and I was forced to sit there - by that time, the rot on my tooth has spread into the inside of the tooth and they were scaring me that it will spread to other teeth. It hurt like hell because the dentist had to drill into the nerve inside the tooth to clear it. I had a completely emptied-out tooth for a few years, then it fell out. But then maybe it was a good lesson because now I do really take care of cleaning my teeth. And I still cry when they need to just clean out the surface of my teeth, they do not even need to drill to make me all teary.

You asked if you needed it before? Because I was only sent to the orthodontist when my mother asked the dentist if that was necessary and they should check that too. I think I was 10 and I had to wear it till the insurance stopped covering it, which was maybe at 21 or 22 - a very long time. Point being, if they say it is not likely that it will get worse in time and if you have not had any problems before, maybe crooked teeth is not the worst thing that can happen to you. Wearing braces is terribly terribly annoying, I could not wait till I could stop and was so frustrated for a few years when I got told every time "keep wearing it and come for a check up in XY months again" - also when my teeth have not moved for years at all and I was only supposed to be wearing it so they do not grow back to the original crooked position. They did grow back a bit since I stopped wearing it, to be honest.

/Enough about my teeth, keep with your regularly scheduled spam

7 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

First, in our education system you can't fail a year a high school. Or technically you can and vocal school people do. But in a grammar school it's absolutely unthinkable. It's not like in college. I guess education systems are different. Good luck with whatever happens :) 

And yeah, same here with the number of missed classes. I think the cap was 250 classes and I had  around 200-220 maybe? Something like that. There was one girl who had more missed classes than me though. 

In our education you can, but not the last year. We picked out two "droppers" from the class before in our class when I was in high school. But if you do not finish the last year, then you just cannot start with the final exam and cannot repeat the year either.

That is ... a lot of classes. :stunned: I suppose I was just too good in my school-time. :lol: I think I missed only those classes in high school that I needed to because I took part in one or the other school-related additional activity. On my last day in high school, when we were getting the reports, my professor was befuddled because I came late because I was pretty much never ever absent otherwise, and hey, why would you miss the day when nothing happens but getting the reports? (I was doing my driving licence practical exam that morning, that is why I was late).

7 minutes ago, BB-Rhae said:

I had the weirdest dream last night. My brain does crazy things with all the input it gets throughout a day. Crocodiles in a hot tub, mango juice, walls falling apart, texting Sam Claflin. 

I had really weird dreams last night too. I cannot even make sense of it.

8 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

You can fail a year at any age above 10 here, I think (that's not an official rule but I can't imagine it happening before that). I've never had to repeat a year but I came really close two years ago, I intended more than enough lesson but I didn't really pay attention to them.
250 sounds reasonable, but you have to try really hard to hit that mark. I think I'm at maybe 40 this year? I know a classmate of mine is over 200 too right now (I think he's literally absent more often than he's present).

Strange indeed. Speaking of Claflin, I'm finally going to watch Mockingjay 2 tonight.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

You can fail a year at any age above 10 here, I think (that's not an official rule but I can't imagine it happening before that). I've never had to repeat a year but I came really close two years ago, I intended more than enough lesson but I didn't really pay attention to them.
250 sounds reasonable, but you have to try really hard to hit that mark. I think I'm at maybe 40 this year? I know a classmate of mine is over 200 too right now (I think he's literally absent more often than he's present).

Strange indeed. Speaking of Claflin, I'm finally going to watch Mockingjay 2 tonight.

I dont know anybody who repeated a year, but as I said, it was absolutely unthinkable to repeat a year at my school. 

40 is like nothing, you are great! 

Let us know how you liked it, I thought it was horrible :leaving: 

Buckwheat, I know it's a lot I don't even know how that happen :lol: and I was late all the time too. Teachers consistently complained that we were always late for classes with my friends. Oh well :dunno: it's not like we ever missed anything. 

Wait ... if you approximately have 30 classes per week ... to get to 250, you would need to be missing months. :eek: Did you get those missing classes also for when you just missed the first two minutes? Our teacher sometimes did that. :rolleyes: You would be two minutes late because the school toilets were always busy and you stood in line there, came to class just a moment after the professor noted who was missing, and got a whole inexcusable hour as missing, although you were actually there.

And don't say "We ever missed anything", young missy! Those were crucial life knowledges you were taught in those classes, remember?

;)

We had a girl in our high school class who was absent a lot, I do not know how many hours she gathered, but it did look like she was absent more than present. There were some bad talks about her and how the teacher allows her excuses all the time, while he would not tolerate others missing so many classes under no condition. I thought it was pretty unfair as well. Not that I had any intention of missing classes, but in a petty way, you start thinking that the professor should not allow her that.

We got a boy who repeated fourth grade - that is at the age of 10/11 into our class. So it happens.

I have not seen Mockingjay 2. But I am going to the cinema tomorrow to see The Suffragette, that should be interesting.

As I said I had around 200ish, but I don't remember the exact number. I know I was sick for two weeks and I went skiing which is another week. I did final rounds for competitions (for which we always got three days off, because the teachers believed we would use that to study) which is another week... And there were some random additional days too... I don't know how it happened really, it was long ago. 

In the first five minutes...? :lol: 

oh im sure there was a lot of talk behind my and the other girl's back too. actaully it wasn't really up to the teachers because for the most part I had doctor's notes on the missed classes, which they obviously had to accept. 

Back in elementary school we had kids like that too. 

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Saw this picture online today while I was browsing. Made me giggle after talking with LadyO

:rofl:

:rofl:

It could not be more perfect :lol:

In other news, my child is sicky poo :( came on quickly. Poor guy. I'm hoping it's not some how connected to his dentist visit. I highly doubt it is, but my mind always goes to infection when I think of fever. I suppose this means a weekend of free play on the video games. I'm such a push over. 

16 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

oh im sure there was a lot of talk behind my and the other girl's back too. actaully it wasn't really up to the teachers because for the most part I had doctor's notes on the missed classes, which they obviously had to accept. 

Ah yes. Some doctors will sign everything.

11 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

In other news, my child is sicky poo :( came on quickly. Poor guy. I'm hoping it's not some how connected to his dentist visit. I highly doubt it is, but my mind always goes to infection when I think of fever. I suppose this means a weekend of free play on the video games. I'm such a push over. 

Give him a hug from the spammers. :grouphug: He better be well soon, otherwise he cannot play outside!

Remotely funny and interesting thing off the Intenet du jour. ;)

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah yes. Some doctors will sign everything.

Give him a hug from the spammers. :grouphug: He better be well soon, otherwise he cannot play outside!

Remotely funny and interesting thing off the Intenet du jour. ;)

You know sweet Fanny Adams, Jon Snow...! 

Get well soon, Little O! 

Is there any other nationality in the world that puts cottage cheese and sour cream on noodles and then sprinkles icing sugar on top? :( 

Does Daredevil season 2 have any spoilers for Jessica Jones? I'm watching the latter with my partner, but for various reasons it's slow going, and I want to stay out of the relevant threads. They isn't interested in Daredevil, so that I'll be watching myself.

Archived