The Butterfly Effect

daccu65

OK who sent the catspaw. I see the holes in my theory. I may not agree on the whole. But I admit their merit. Nobody has brought forward a more likely killer. And don't say "Joffrey" cause I ain't buying. Heck I'd put Varys second and that's based on absolutely nothing.

I don't actually have a theory - I've tried, but I can't make anyone fit, not even LF.

The only ones I can see as having both opportunity and motive are Jaimie and Cersei.  Both had access to the wheelhouse and both had plenty of reason to want Bran to never wake up.  While the later POV chapters seemed to exonerate Jaimie, did they exonerate Cersei? 

Second item...the dagger.  While LF claimed that he had won it from Tyrion, had it ever actually belonged to either of them?  I might have to go back and re-read, but I had the impression that it was Roberts and LF had made up the story of it having one it from Tyrion. 

Final item, wouldn't it just be a kick in the pants to find out Tommen was behind it all?

Although now I am curious about this Cersei idea.  I'll have to think on that one.  We've got motive, and no more and no less opportunity than Joff or LF. Hmmm....

Don't go there Jak. Her pov she blames Joffrey. I'm telling you it's Hodor. I'm going to start a thread. He's behind it all.

6 minutes ago, booger_eater said:

Don't go there Jak. Her pov she blames Joffrey. I'm telling you it's Hodor. I'm going to start a thread. He's behind it all.

LOL!  Well, he IS a stableboy, and the assassin's stuff was found in the stables...

(on a serious note - didn't someone point out that Hodor had been acting funny after they found the assassin's stuff in the stable?  I wanna say Rodrik Caswell pointed it out, and I think he assumed Hodor was trying to tell people something wasn't right in the stables.  But now I'm just guessing from memory...)

LOL!  Well, he IS a stableboy, and the assassin's stuff was found in the stables...

(on a serious note - didn't someone point out that Hodor had been acting funny after they found the assassin's stuff in the stable?  I wanna say Rodrik Caswell pointed it out, and I think he assumed Hodor was trying to tell people something wasn't right in the stables.  But now I'm just guessing from memory...)

Good point. I recall the same. Not that it sheds any light on who hired the catspaw unless someone wants to do a RE-read and see who Hodor was uneasy around. Could lead credence but probably another dead end.

On 13/3/2016 at 10:52 PM, jon_griff said:

It is logical to assume that lords of one house are familiar with the existance of lords and their family of other houses? If he was looking for a an ice to put his fire in, a female member of house Stark seems like the logical choise, that's what I would do.

I didn't said that he didn't knew that she was alive. And as far as we know he wasn't looking for fire and ice since that was Aegon's song. What if Lyanna was a *freak*?

Archived