Michael Mann, Don Winslow Team for Mob Book & Movie

AncalagonTheBlack

Michael Mann has set the first publishing project for his new book imprint Michael Mann Books: he will team up with Don Winslow, the bestselling author of The Cartel to co-create an original novel about the complex relationship between two Organized Crime giants, Tony Accardo and Sam Giancana. The project will be developed into a feature film that Mann will produce and possibly direct, based on the novel and a pre-existing screenplay Mann co-wrote with Shane Salerno. Deadline revealed Mann’s publishing imprint earlier this week, and his plans to work with top notch authors to generate a series of books including a prequel to his 1995 crime classic Heat.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/don-winslow-michael-mann-tony-accardo-sam-giancana-the-cartel-michael-mann-books-1201722508/

Sounds promising. Michael Mann does crime films well, and the Chicago Outfit (outside Capone) has been severely underused in the mob movie genre. I remember watching something mediocre with John Turturro years ago where he played Sam Giancana, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. I'm definitely interested in this.

Archived