How will Tyrion and Dany get along?

Sigella

8 minutes ago, Sigella said:

The siege of Mereen. Viserion catches corpses flung inte Mereen by the besiegers. 

Is this from WOW?

Shouldn't you use spoiler tag?

Spoiler

Still, in the WOW chapters he sees the dragon from a distance, he almosts mistakes it for an eagle. He observes, cool and calm the dragon attack. The chapter was merely a description of the scene. I think it is very likely that Tyrion will encounter the dragons again and GRRM will describe how he feels. 

On 21 March 2016 at 0:56 PM, Danelle said:

I think that Tyrion will -for a while at least- hide his true identity from Daenerys.

As we know, Tyrion is not the only dwarf in westeros and Dany-as far as we know-does not seem to be aware that Lord Tywin has a son who was a dwarf with mismatched eyes and pale blond hair.

Hide contents

There is speculation that Ser Barristan will not survive the battle of Meereen despite the fact that the battle might be a victory for Dany's side. With him gone, there is no one left to identify Tyrion as a Lannister, apart from Jorah, who has already formed a dubious relationship with both Dany and Tyrion and possibly Victarion or the Dornish in Meereen, who may not have interacted with Tyrion at all.  So, I think that for a while Tyrion might be able to gain Dany's trust using an alias. 

The fact that Tyrion has been enslaved and used for the entertainment of the slavers, might make Dany feel pity for him.

He is also someone with an unusual knowledge of westeros, targaryen history and dragonlore.

All these might be assets if he trully wants to make Dany an ally.

I seriously hope that his nihilistic phase will end the moment he glimpses a dragon.

He probably falls into the same category as Ser Jorah, but Ben Plumm can ID Tyrion. It's also possible the two Dornishmen could, though that is uncertain. The arrival of the Ironborn may also prove a problem; would Moqorro keep his secret? Would Victarion or any of his men realise who Tyrion is? And then there is Marwyn, who is also heading to Meereen, and he seems knowledgeable enough to know who Tyrion is. 

1 hour ago, Danelle said:

Is this from WOW?

Shouldn't you use spoiler tag?

Reveal hidden contents

Still, in the WOW chapters he sees the dragon from a distance, he almosts mistakes it for an eagle. He observes, cool and calm the dragon attack. The chapter was merely a description of the scene. I think it is very likely that Tyrion will encounter the dragons again and GRRM will describe how he feels. 

Sorry, it is, you're right. :blush:

I've always wondered... most think Tyrion will be Dany's advisor, Hand, councilor and what not, but also think Dance 2.0 is happening... why?

If Tyrion is Dany's hand would he allow the Dance? Tyrion at his most apathetic still kinda liked Aegon. I can't see him for plunging into a war against them.

...Tyrion IMO is the catalyst to a Targ revival, mainly by not letting them kill each other.

Isn't Tyrion playing his own games? He just sent Aegon off to Westeros rather than have him go to offer to marry Dany. Perhaps, like Petyr, he doesn't care about the outcome for Westeros, just his own objectives. 

Then again maybe he just thinks Aegon is a pretender and an ignorant youth and he is more interested in Dany's potential, given she has crushed Astapor with her jewelled sandle or whatever it is he says.

He will have a hard time convincing her to take his counsel, though.

6 hours ago, Castellan said:

Isn't Tyrion playing his own games? He just sent Aegon off to Westeros rather than have him go to offer to marry Dany. Perhaps, like Petyr, he doesn't care about the outcome for Westeros, just his own objectives. 

Then again maybe he just thinks Aegon is a pretender and an ignorant youth and he is more interested in Dany's potential, given she has crushed Astapor with her jewelled sandle or whatever it is he says.

He will have a hard time convincing her to take his counsel, though.

No, I don't think so. He gave Aegon good counsel. Aegon might have ended up like Quentyn if not for Tyrion.

All Tyrion wants is an opportunity to claim Casterly Rock as his birthright as well as give some kind of payback to Cersei. He does not give two figs about Aegon or Dany for now.

From this point forward, he will earn everything himself - not because of his last name, but because of his skills and abilities. He needs to earn his place among Dany's council, and his Lannister heritage will work against him initially.

Aegon (or rather Varys) will probably install kidnapped Tyrek as his puppet Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West. This is a big casus belli for Tyrion to support Dany and oppose Aegon's faction.

I think they'll get along fine at first. Tyrion probably will have proved himself useful before Dany gets back, and she'll ride in looking powerful and impressive so they'll start out on a good foot. But Tyrion has a horrible woman problem so I don't see the female boss situation working out for him long-term.

I think they'll have a falling out, over what I'm not sure, and Tyrion will betray her and join Aegon. Probably something to do with Tyrion getting Casterly Rock. Like maybe Dany wants to give CR to Cercei to get her to go away (rather than having a violent showdown in King's Landing) and Tyrion can't stand the idea. Something like that.

4 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

All Tyrion wants is an opportunity to claim Casterly Rock as his birthright as well as give some kind of payback to Cersei. He does not give two figs about Aegon or Dany for now.

From this point forward, he will earn everything himself - not because of his last name, but because of his skills and abilities. He needs to earn his place among Dany's council, and his Lannister heritage will work against him initially.

Aegon (or rather Varys) will probably install kidnapped Tyrek as his puppet Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West. This is a big casus belli for Tyrion to support Dany and oppose Aegon's faction.

That's an interesting idea, I hadn't considered Varys might have and use Tyrek in this way. It's a potential cause for strife between Tyrion and Varys (and by extension, Varys' pet project "Aegon").

4 hours ago, Blind Beth the Cat Lady said:

I think they'll get along fine at first. Tyrion probably will have proved himself useful before Dany gets back, and she'll ride in looking powerful and impressive so they'll start out on a good foot. But Tyrion has a horrible woman problem so I don't see the female boss situation working out for him long-term.

I think they'll have a falling out, over what I'm not sure, and Tyrion will betray her and join Aegon. Probably something to do with Tyrion getting Casterly Rock. Like maybe Dany wants to give CR to Cercei to get her to go away (rather than having a violent showdown in King's Landing) and Tyrion can't stand the idea. Something like that.

I doubt Dany would give CR to Cersei if Tyrion is already her ally; she doesn't tend to shy from confrontation and in a war with Cersei I suppose she would hold a large advantage, especially with Tyrion on her side. Logically, if Tyrion sides with Dany he gets CR as his reward.

On 3/23/2016 at 10:10 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

He probably falls into the same category as Ser Jorah, but Ben Plumm can ID Tyrion. It's also possible the two Dornishmen could, though that is uncertain. The arrival of the Ironborn may also prove a problem; would Moqorro keep his secret? Would Victarion or any of his men realise who Tyrion is? And then there is Marwyn, who is also heading to Meereen, and he seems knowledgeable enough to know who Tyrion is. 

I am far more interested to see Marwyn and Dany that Tyrion and Dany. Marwyn has access to all the knowledge of the Citadel and has been to Asshai. Probably has a much better notion on magic and dragons that Tyion does.

On 25 mars 2016 at 6:53 AM, Lord Wraith said:

I am far more interested to see Marwyn and Dany that Tyrion and Dany. Marwyn has access to all the knowledge of the Citadel and has been to Asshai. Probably has a much better notion on magic and dragons that Tyion does.

Yeah me too, but I still can't shake this nervousness about Tyrion until I've seen it in print!

Marwin might have more things of substance to contribute, plus the promise of certain veils lifted, but he's no Tyrion when it comes to piss people off.

On 25 mars 2016 at 6:36 AM, Grody Brody said:

Given how often Garge has dangled exactly what the fans want in front of us, before cruelly ripping it away, I half wonder whether Tyrion or Dany will ever actually meet.

Haha, well thats a thought that gave me hick-ups!

In the audience chamber of the Great Pyramid of Meereen . . . . .

Skahaz mo Kandaq raps his staff on the stone floor to announce the next visitor to the court of Her Grace.

"Suitor Number 333.  Hugor Hill of the Westerlands of Westeros.  Come forth and present yourself before Her Grace"

Long silence from the councils, sellswords, courtesans, petitioners, and dragons present.  Many moments pass.

Barristan, "Well, where is this Hugor Hill?"

Skahaz, "If Ser Grandfather would be so kind as to look down"

A tiny, ugly man wearing a child's sailor suit waddles closer.

Tyrion, "Greetings Your Grace"

Dany, "Be welcome, Hugor.  You are among friends here"

Hugor, "A cup of wine would be most welcome.  To wash the dust from my throat, Your Grace"

Irri, "Are you man or child?"

Tyrion, "A man, I can ASSURE you.  Would you care to lift my tokar?"

Daario, "Your Grace, let me cut his cock.  A dwarf's cock carries easily in the pocket and brings good luck"

Jiqui, "Oh, Your Grace.  His testicles would make fine earrings."

Tyrion, "I beg your pardon.  In the Westerlands, I am known as 'Hugor the Hung'"

Quentyn Martell, "Your Grace, this chap looks rather familiar"

Yronwood, "Yes, he's a stinkin' Lannister!"

Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion let out a might roar that shook the top of the pyramid.

Tyrion, "Ok, you found me out.  What do you say we take back the Seven Kingdoms together.  All I ask is to wrap my hands around Cersei's thoat and squeeze.  So, how about it, babe.  We can seal the deal with a quick screw"

Missandei. "Screw?  This one does not understand"

On 22/3/2016 at 4:10 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

The arrival of the Ironborn may also prove a problem; would Moqorro keep his secret? Would Victarion or any of his men realise who Tyrion is?

Since you mentioned the Ironborn

WOW SPOILERS

Spoiler

I have no idea how Dany will react to Brown Ben. The Ironborn arrival was a catalyst in the siege in Meereen, since BBP declared that they support Dany. If they win the fight-and I think that this is very plausible- I am very curious to see how Dany will react once she is reunited with Ben, everyone's favourite traitor. It might be that Tyrion's presence might affect Dany's decision. 

Well, Victarion might but I think that Tyrion can fool him easily.

Moqorro on the other hand might cause problems, to everyone. I think that he will be fascinated by Dany and her dragons and of all the red priests that we have seen so far, he is the most competent. Since Moqorro has his own agenda, perhaps he might keep Tyrion's identity a secret but only if this means that he will gain Tyrion's support. 

Archived