Late to the Grimm party

Buckwheat

I only recently got into Grimm and just finished watching season 4. I would prefer not to be spoiled after that (I am sure I will catch up quite soon :P ), so if anybody wants to use this thread for season 5, please use spoiler tags.

Basically right now I have two questions:

1. What was the reason Nick could not un-Hexenbiest Juliette like he had done to Adalind with his blood?

2. Does Adalind expect Nick to be paying child support for that GrimmBiest lovechild? :lol: For the last few episodes, I have been amusing myself with the thought of that custody/visiting rights/child support court battle.

I like Monroe, I like Trouble/Trubel, and I hate the fact that Mama Grimm was killed off, she was great. :angry: But then Meisner came back, and I like Meisner, I hope he hides that other child somewhere safe.

Ohhhh, does Meisner turn out to be not-really-dead Mama Grimm in disguise? :P

Just please please please do not let Nick pair up with Adalind. :ack:

I am also wondering how the Hexenbiests explain away their offspring developing so quickly to the rest of the world. Somebody has to notice that a child who is supposed to be, how much, one year old, looks like four or so. For a detective show, this has plenty of plothholes actually - not only the multitude of corpses that never get explained away!

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Ohhhh, does Meisner turn out to be not-really-dead Mama Grimm in disguise? :P

Just please please please do not let Nick pair up with Adalind. :ack:

I am also wondering how the Hexenbiests explain away their offspring developing so quickly to the rest of the world. Somebody has to notice that a child who is supposed to be, how much, one year old, looks like four or so. For a detective show, this has plenty of plothholes actually - not only the multitude of corpses that never get explained away!

I like to imagine that Portland is just some kind of mass shallow grave at this point, so many dead Wessen, folks tripping on corpses on their way to some farmers market or totally obscure experimental alt rock/whatever hipster bullshit concert. The fact that I live in Portland makes it all the more amusing. I've been on board since the first season (anytime a show is set in the Pacific Northwest, I give it a try)

Glad to see a new thread get started, pretty sure the old one probably is gone at this point.

Really hoping I'm remembering how to do spoilers...

anyone have any ideas as to what the stick might be? I'm hoping against hope it isn't part of the Holy Cross, but given the whole Crusader thing, I'm not holding my breath

5 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

I like to imagine that Portland is just some kind of mass shallow grave at this point, so many dead Wessen, folks tripping on corpses on their way to some farmers market or totally obscure experimental alt rock/whatever hipster bullshit concert. The fact that I live in Portland makes it all the more amusing. I've been on board since the first season (anytime a show is set in the Pacific Northwest, I give it a try)

Glad to see a new thread get started, pretty sure the old one probably is gone at this point.

Really hoping I'm remembering how to do spoilers...

Hidden Content

First, I continue to enjoy this show. In the venue of shows that features one superhero type guy, with a team to back him/her up, this show is better than Arrow, The Flash, and the like.

As to your spoiler

My first thought was the Holy Cross, but I agree about I kinda hope it's not. Especially given its shape, it's like a wand. But maybe Jesus came in this world to save and unite both regular folks and Wessen. 

:P 

I liked that Monroe gave other suggestions, which did cross my mind, like the staff of Moses or of Abraham. Could be a piece of the tree of knowledge as suggested, or maybe the tree of life considering what it did. Maybe a piece of Noah's ark. Either way, I really liked how this plot with the keys just exploded back into the fold. 

Oh, and I enjoy those little sayings at the beginning of each episode. I know that for the most part they were taken from the tales publishes by the brothers Grimm, but are they all from there? Aren't they running out of lines to quote from those tales?

6 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

:lol: Are there locations that you can recognise in the show? For example, does the main police station in Portland really look like the one in the show?

I adored the parts in Vienna because I lived there for a bit. Some locations were also recognisable. But it was amusing that Adalind's windows from her room in the Hotel Sacher always showed the tops of the City Hall, which would be impossible - to have such a view, she would have to live in the theatre building!

But the single most amusing location mention was "Višnja Gora in Slovenia" back in s. 3. Višnja Gora is actually a real village not that far away from where I live and about the least likely place you would expect somebody in an American show to mention. :lmao: I love that scene. "Your mother sent us an email from Slovenia!"

25 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Oh, and I enjoy those little sayings at the beginning of each episode. I know that for the most part they were taken from the tales publishes by the brothers Grimm, but are they all from there? Aren't they running out of lines to quote from those tales?

I have the complete German collection right here - with all the unpublished tales and additions, the book has more than 900 pages. Just the tales originally published together have almost 800 pages. I think they are good for the next few seasons, if they want to. ;) But I seem to remember a Spanish or French quote somewhere in between? So probably not all quotes are from there.

On 3/21/2016 at 7:32 AM, Buckwheat said:

:lol: Are there locations that you can recognise in the show? For example, does the main police station in Portland really look like the one in the show?

I adored the parts in Vienna because I lived there for a bit. Some locations were also recognisable. But it was amusing that Adalind's windows from her room in the Hotel Sacher always showed the tops of the City Hall, which would be impossible - to have such a view, she would have to live in the theatre building!

But the single most amusing location mention was "Višnja Gora in Slovenia" back in s. 3. Višnja Gora is actually a real village not that far away from where I live and about the least likely place you would expect somebody in an American show to mention. :lmao: I love that scene. "Your mother sent us an email from Slovenia!"

Every now and then I'll be watching as see something I recognize, and it's kind of surreal, but for the most part, unless they say specifically what part of Portland they are in I don't recognize exactly where they are. It's more the nice nods to Portland culture that they have worked in, things like mentioning Voodoo Doughnuts on occasion and name dropping locations and parts of Portland. I have no idea how similar it is to the actual Portland Police headquarters, never had cause to go there.

The bit about the view from the Hotel window is pretty funny. Reminds me of how in Fraiser, the view from Fraiser's appartment of the Seattle (I also lived in Seattle for 3 years while I was there for University) skyline is basically impossible to get unless you're on some hill just outside of the city.

I this this show so much.  It and iZombie are probably my favorite two network shows, and part of it is how much they have in common.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, Corvinus said:

First, I continue to enjoy this show. In the venue of shows that features one superhero type guy, with a team to back him/her up, this show is better than Arrow, The Flash, and the like.

It does that trope soooooo much better than those two shows. 

23 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Every now and then I'll be watching as see something I recognize, and it's kind of surreal, but for the most part, unless they say specifically what part of Portland they are in I don't recognize exactly where they are. It's more the nice nods to Portland culture that they have worked in, things like mentioning Voodoo Doughnuts on occasion and name dropping locations and parts of Portland. I have no idea how similar it is to the actual Portland Police headquarters, never had cause to go there.

Those probably do not even register with me because I do not know what to listen for.

What the hell is going on with this show. Nick should have offered Adalind to have the kid over every second weekend and on Christmas and to pay some child support if he was feeling responsible. What is the deal with inviting a woman who raped you, tried to kill you, your girlfriend, your aunt and probably a whole bunch of other people I cannot remember right now and who you know is untrustworthy to live with you? And now that she gave birth she suddenly had a 180° turn and is all sweet? I do not like where that is going.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Those probably do not even register with me because I do not know what to listen for.

What the hell is going on with this show. Nick should have offered Adalind to have the kid over every second weekend and on Christmas and to pay some child support if he was feeling responsible. What is the deal with inviting a woman who raped you, tried to kill you, your girlfriend, your aunt and probably a whole bunch of other people I cannot remember right now and who you know is untrustworthy to live with you? And now that she gave birth she suddenly had a 180° turn and is all sweet? I do not like where that is going.

Well they did both try to address it in the latest episode, acknowledging it's weird. But people can do strange things.

And initially Nick was trying to make sure she and the baby were protected, and I guess they just got used with each other.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Well they did both try to address it in the latest episode, acknowledging it's weird. But people can do strange things.

And initially Nick was trying to make sure she and the baby were protected, and I guess they just got used with each other.

I don't think Buckwheat is quite that far yet.

And Adalind clearly falls on the right side of the hot-crazy scale.  Plus, it's evident that she is far from the same person she was in season one, her experiences have been very transformative.

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I don't think Buckwheat is quite that far yet.

And Adalind clearly falls on the right side of the hot-crazy scale.  Plus, it's evident that she is far from the same person she was in season one, her experiences have been very transformative.

Thanks, fixed.

Well, that crazy fight against Juliette was not in season one. Nor was her taking away Nick's powers by having non-consensual sex. In fact, both of those events were post-Diana's birth and all the experience around it. The event that directly led to the creation of Kelly Jr. was actually her vengeance against Nick & co. for taking Diana away. So basically just the birth of Kelly (and probably the dead-Hexenmother potion) was what completely changed Adalind's character into a sweet patient caring person? I am not buying it.

Still some episodes to go. This show is addictive.

Meisner sounded cuter when his German accent was more noticeable. :blushing::blushing::blushing:

We cheered when we saw Nick swigging a bottle of Freshly Squeezed. Although the heathen is always drinking his beer straight from the bottle. Surely, in Portland, someone will tell him to get a glass one day. :)

9 hours ago, Isis said:

We cheered when we saw Nick swigging a bottle of Freshly Squeezed. Although the heathen is always drinking his beer straight from the bottle. Surely, in Portland, someone will tell him to get a glass one day. :)

Nah, we're too busy silently resenting him, all the while, coming up with a story to tell our friends about how we totally educated some pleb on the correct way to drink beer. The Pacific Northwest is a very passive aggressive place.

I liked the last episode, really intrigued to see what is down the hole behind the door. Not really sure how to feel about what they are doing with the Captain, I'm not a huge fan of where it is going, but I'm willing to go with it if only to be grumpy about it being a bad storyline.

So the super secret mysterious templar treasure was the Elder Wand? :huh: This must be an ancient Hexenbiest artifact.

I am sad that the antiquarian Onkel Felix got offed so quickly. He was adorably nerdy. But then it was pretty obvious he was going to die because his role was just to deliver the stuff to Nick. Kinda convenient, finding all those old books after the majority of Nick's library was so unfortunately destroyed in a fire, no? ;) At least I hope they are all in some foreign languages, Nick being able to read everything in there would just be too easy.

Not needing the other two keys to open the box was a cop out. You are able to make a seal that can only be broken by the very special Grimm bloodTM, but the locks are so easy that you can just pick at them a little and they will yield? I want to know where the other two keys are.

Archived