[SPOILERS] D&D : Season 6 is the best we have done

robasp2

Recently D&D announced that season 6 was the best season they had ever done till date.

They emphasized that they were not just saying this to build up hype, but it will be genuinely awesome.

However, the trailer showed many cliche scenes and some absurd things like 

1. Jorah finding a tiny ring in that massive field.

2.Possibly repeating Dany needing saving by drogon or Daario. Damsel in distress.

3. Possibly Theon being recaptured and tortured (oh..not again) . From the looks of it. Or maybe being rescued in the nick of time by Brienne.

I found even these small scenes quite soap opera. Too much drama, less realistic.

So..not so "best till date"

What does everyone think about what D&D said? And based on all trailers and all tiny teasers GoT posted.

Maybe it will be the best yet, maybe its just hype trying to convince a not very convinced audience after the less good season 5 . Hard to say.

What I will say is, judging a season by some stuff you saw in a trailer, some of which you have no idea on the context or what is actually happening, well that doesn't make a great deal of sense. 

The trailer was 1 minute long, the show is 10 hours long come on, honestly? Judging it from a few snippets? It's uncalled for, unless you're biased.

Theon is not recaptured, he goes back to Iron Islands.

The ring bit was given a reasonable explanation, even here. So this is a nitpick

Your pt 2....wait till you see how it unfolds, why don't you?

D+D seemed tired and worn down from adapting and promoting season 4 and 5 (don't blame them, adapting books like AFFC and ADWD would do that to anyone). Even before s4 premiered they had claimed they had trouble writing season 5. If they're genuinely proud of this one, then good for them. I'm not going into the season with my mind already made up.

21 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Well it should be in some ways considering

Reveal hidden contents

Ramsay is finally freakin' dying

They had to

Spoiler

kill off their precious Ramsay

so that's why they think it'll be the best season, because it made them cry while writing it.

Just now, LazyBazooka said:

They had to

Reveal hidden contents

kill off their precious Ramsay

so that's why they think it'll be the best season, because it made them cry while writing it.

I know but

Spoiler

by god will he god out in a blaze of glory. It will take the combined effort of Ghost/Jon/Wun Wun/Tormund/LF/Legolas/Ezio Auditore/and Chuck Norris but he will die 

1 minute ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I know but

Hide contents

by god will he god out in a blaze of glory. It will take the combined effort of Ghost/Jon/Wun Wun/Tormund/LF/Legolas/Ezio Auditore/and Chuck Norris but he will die 

Spoiler

and his last word will be "Calypso  Myranda..."

24 minutes ago, Khione said:

D+D seemed tired and worn down from adapting and promoting season 4 and 5 (don't blame them, adapting books like AFFC and ADWD would do that to anyone). Even before s4 premiered they had claimed they had trouble writing season 5. If they're genuinely proud of this one, then good for them. I'm not going into the season with my mind already made up.

I'm hoping this season will be an improvement. I was never optimistic of season 5, it was always going to be a bit of a letdown considering the books were letdowns as well. I don't envy them having to adapt them. The hope is that now that they have got past that roadblock they can move on and push the story forward.

1 hour ago, Khione said:

I'd have trouble too if I used alphabet soup and a toilet to write with. 

If Dorne was anything to go by this season will be a complete trainwreck so I hope they got in ghost writers or at least got someone to look over the scripts. 

3 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I'm hoping this season will be an improvement. I was never optimistic of season 5, it was always going to be a bit of a letdown considering the books were letdowns as well. I don't envy them having to adapt them. The hope is that now that they have got past that roadblock they can move on and push the story forward.

The dip in s5 was predictable and inevitable. D+D are not miracle-workers after all. They did some things differently (as I would have if I had been in their position), it was a hit and miss, but when they did succeed, Hardhome...and a few minor things. AFFC and ADWD would have never worked as a tv show if they had not been altered in many ways. I was on the verge of dropping the series altogether a few times during my read of AFFC and then twice when going through ADWD. It was a struggle. To this day, I don't know how I managed to finish them. Martin himself said it was a bitch to write them, so he should understand. This is the reason why I don't get my hopees up for TWOW. Such a long wait for it and it could as well turn out like the last two books. I'd like to be surprised though. We will see....some day....perhaps.

I'm optimistic for season 6, unlike the next book, because if nothing else, it will definitely still be entertaining, especially given what we've learned so far. And we can rest assured we're getting an ending, I'm not big on unfinished series in any format. It's obligatory for a story to be cohesive and have an ending. Doesn't matter what kind (even rushed would do), it just needs to be wrapped-up. Otherwise it's pointless. A story is like a journey, every journey has a destination.  

33 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Lol. Don't forget that D&D have a personal vendetta against some characters, so we have to watch out for that.

Stannis, who else is there? Sansa is apparently getting an awesome s6 arc, so I don't count her. They must be in love with Jeyne Poole, because they spared her the horrors of Ramsay lol

7 minutes ago, Khione said:

The dip in s5 was predictable and inevitable. D+D are not miracle-workers after all. They did some things differently (as I would have if I had been in their position), it was a hit and miss, but when they did succeed, Hardhome...and a few minor things. AFFC and ADWD would have never worked as a tv show if they had not been altered in many ways. I was on the verge of dropping the series altogether a few times during my read of AFFC and then twice when going through ADWD. It was a struggle. To this day, I don't know how I managed to finish them. Martin himself said it was a bitch to write them, so he should understand. This is the reason why I don't get my hopees up for TWOW. Such a long wait for it and it could as well turn out like the last two books. I'd like to be surprised though. We will see....some day....perhaps.

I'm optimistic for season 6, unlike the next book, because if nothing else, it will definitely still be entertaining, especially given what we've learned so far. And we can rest assured we're getting an ending, I'm not big on unfinished series in any format. It's obligatory for a story to be cohesive and have an ending. Doesn't matter what kind (even rushed would do), it just needs to be wrapped-up. Otherwise it's pointless. A story is like a journey, every journey has a destination.  

Stannis, who else is there? Sansa is apparently getting an awesome s6 arc, so I don't count her. They must be in love with Jeyne Poole, because they spared her the horrors of Ramsay lol

Yeah I'm glad we got Brienne watching a candle for ten episodes, Sansa getting raped, the epic Jaime/Bronn//SS showdown,... instead.

I did say hit and miss, still I'd take that over many things from the last two books. I didn't mind Sansa in Winterfell arc at all, to some degree I welcomed the change. The only arcs I had an issue with was Dorne and Brienne. I'm quite biased against the latter, I've never been fond of her story in canon and shownon.

1 hour ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Well it should be in some ways considering

Hide contents

Ramsay is finally freakin' dying

Oh man. The reaction is going table insane if Ramsay *gasp*

Spoiler

DOESN'T DIE!

As for D&D's opinion on season 6 for being their best work, i still have to compose myself to not get too hopeful on this. This is subjective as we don't know if they said it based on their execution of the epic battle, the hype, or the vast improvement of the writing since season 5. 

31 minutes ago, Khione said:

Sansa.  They really really hate Sansa. Apparently they are going to continue to abuse and humiliate her for the rest of the series before finally putting her out of her misery at the end.  Atleast that is what I read over in the special thread.

Yes two grown men absolutely hate a fictional teenage girl and that's why they have spent the majority of their professional careers portraying her life story in one of the most ambitious and acclaimed television shows of all time. You guys have cracked the case. 

Archived