If Jon Snow had Targaryan hair, how would Ned Stark cover it up?

jontargaryan

33 minutes ago, jontargaryan said:

How would he explain that to Robert?

He wouldn't have to because we wouldn't have the story. It only works if he doesn't look targ. Tyrion remarks on his stark look,  that Arya and Lyanna had. Major plot point, there is no need   to try to rationalize the story without them 

This brings up valid question. If the seed is strong and the Stark seed is not, why does Jon look like a Stark?

Baratheon children all have dark hair, but Ned's children have Tully looks save for Jon and Arya. Does that mean Arya is not a Stark?

3 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

This brings up valid question. If the seed is strong and the Stark seed is not, why does Jon look like a Stark?

Baratheon children all have dark hair, but Ned's children have Tully looks save for Jon and Arya. Does that mean Arya is not a Stark?

We can't apply our own understanding of dominant and recessive gene traits, it's a fantasy novel. Arya's coloring shows that false as well.

Just remain closed mouthed and let people draw their own conclusions or not. Robert didn't even notice his own children were all three golden lions. He didn't notice some of his own bastards. How much is he going to be looking at some bastard in Ned's household that he's keeping out of sight?

57 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

When did anyone ever say that the Stark seed was or wasn't strong? It's obvious that it's similar to real life genetics - some kids look like one parent or the other, or neither, or both. 

Jon Arryn's statement was meant to indicate that the Baratheon traits should have come out over the Lannister ones in the royal children, at least in hair color. If R+L=J, then Jon is a mix of Targ and Stark. In that case, it's not necessarily a shock that he might favor his mother.

Just now, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

When did anyone ever say that the Stark seed was or wasn't strong? It's obvious that it's similar to real life genetics - some kids look like one parent or the other, or neither, or both. 

Jon Arryn's statement was meant to indicate that the Baratheon traits should have come out over the Lannister ones in the royal children, at least in hair color. If R+L=J, then Jon is a mix of Targ and Stark. In that case, it's not necessarily a shock that he might favor his mother.

GRRM has stated that Planetos genetics aren't the same. If they did, Tully looks shouldn't be so pronounced in the Stark children.

But you have Baratheons always being dark haired, that is what it means by seed is strong. No matter who the Baratheons had offspring with, they always had the "Baratheon" look. 

17 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

GRRM has stated that Planetos genetics aren't the same. If they did, Tully looks shouldn't be so pronounced in the Stark children.

But you have Baratheons always being dark haired, that is what it means by seed is strong. No matter who the Baratheons had offspring with, they always had the "Baratheon" look. 

I have two children who are almost identical to me, and look nothing like their father. It happens, here and there.

I fully understand what "the seed is strong" referred to; the Baratheon look. My question is what it has to do with Jon or whom he favored.

Just now, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

I have two children who are almost identical to me, and look nothing like their father. It happens, here and there.

I fully understand what "the seed is strong" referred to; the Baratheon look. My question is what it has to do with Jon or whom he favored.

The Baratheon genes have nothing to do with Jon, what are you getting at?

1 hour ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

It obviously means  that Arya is Jon's time-traveling twin.  When Jon and Arya were conceived, Bloodraven used magic to warp space and time to implant fetus Arya into Cat's womb. When you think about it, it makes more sense then Ned and Cat having a child that looks like Ned.:rolleyes:

Seriously, there are other Targaryens that do not have the 'Targaryen look' like Jon's half sister Rhaenys.  

1 minute ago, Yet Another Stark Fan said:

It obviously means  that Arya is Jon's time-traveling twin.  When Jon and Arya were conceived, Bloodraven used magic to warp space and time to implant fetus Arya into Cat's womb. When you think about it, it makes more sense then Ned and Cat having a child that looks like Ned.:rolleyes:

Seriously, there are other Targaryens that do not have the 'Targaryen look' like Jon's half sister Rhaenys.  

Jon's half sister? What do you mean? Ned never had a daughter named Rhaenys.

1 minute ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

The Baratheon genes have nothing to do with Jon, what are you getting at?

Gah. That was my question to you; you are the one who brought up the Baratheon thing in a thread about Jon.

3 minutes ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

Gah. That was my question to you; you are the one who brought up the Baratheon thing in a thread about Jon.

Ya. The Stark seed isn't strong as evidenced by the Tully looks. Robb, Sansa, Bran, and Rickon all look like Tullys

Archived