TitanCon 2016: Fri 30 Sept - Sun 2 Oct

Yes Coach Tour tickets will be going on sale on Saturday 16 July.

The route is planned and I just need to finish building the page for the website and write the announcement email to go out later this week.

Just like winter, It's coming....

On 7/4/2016 at 10:30 AM, theMountainGoat said:

The route is planned and I just need to finish building the page for the website and write the announcement email to go out later this week.

Phil,   Did you get the E-mail I sent you with the Beard stuff in it?

3 hours ago, The Shamrock that hides said:

E-mail sent.    to your Gmail account

Honestly I don't even remember the last time I checked that account, I'd forgotten I still have it.

Send it to my TitanCon Admin account instead please.

On 3.07.2016 г. at 2:53 PM, williamjm said:

I was speaking to Phil last week and he said he had it planned out now and it would be on sale soon (he did say what weekend it would be on sale, but I've forgotten).

Thank you William!

On 4.07.2016 г. at 0:30 PM, theMountainGoat said:

Waiting with one hand on the button then.

I just wanted to make sure that I won't miss the announcement because from what I can tell, the rooms at the Welly are a finite resource - and I'd like to book one of them.

1 hour ago, The Shamrock that hides said:

You can book your hotel room now, you don't have to wait till the coach tour details are up.

If I understand the information on the Titancon page correctly I need a booking code of some sort to use the special rates - and I can get that only in my membership confirmation email (and I'd like to get the full membership + the coach tour). Am I reading the site right?

9 hours ago, TheCrannogDweller said:

If I understand the information on the Titancon page correctly I need a booking code of some sort to use the special rates - and I can get that only in my membership confirmation email (and I'd like to get the full membership + the coach tour). Am I reading the site right?

You can buy a full membership NOW and the hotel booking code will be in your confirmation email. You can then separately buy a Coach Tour ticket on a later date after they go on sale. There is no benefit to waiting until after the Coach Tour tickets go on sale to buy your convention membership.

By the way folks - I'm going to announce the Coach Tour details at lunch time today!

Just announced the TitanCon 2016 Coach Tour details.

Tickets cost £43 and go on sale at 12.00 pm on Saturday 16 July.

Here is the full itinerary. Please see the Coach Tour page on the TitanCon website for full details:

09:50 am Depart Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast
11:15 am Arrive Dark Hedges
11.45 pm Depart Dark Hedges
12.30 pm      Arrive Cushendun Caves
1.30 pm Depart Cushendun Caves
2.00 pm Arrive Carnlough
2.15 pm Depart Carnlough
3:30 pm Arrive Clandeboye Estate
  Jaime's Stump
  Godswood North of the Wall
  Craster's Keep
  The Hound meets the Brotherhood
  Medieval feast
7:30 pm Depart Clandeboye Estate
7:45 pm Drop off at Belfast City Airport
7:55 pm Drop off at Europa Bus Station
8:00 pm Drop off at Wellington Park Hotel

13 hours ago, theMountainGoat said:

You can buy a full membership NOW and the hotel booking code will be in your confirmation email. You can then separately buy a Coach Tour ticket on a later date after they go on sale.

Thank you. I bought the full memberships earlier today and I just sent an email for the reservation at the Welly. Fingers crossed that there are still rooms available. :)

I believe there should still be rooms available. I will check with the Wellie today and update the numbers on the website.

More announcements coming this week including Lovely Beard Contest, Hall Costume Contest and maybe some guest announcements if I can get them signed off in time....

2 hours ago, Jaemi Greysnow said:

Can anybody recommend a decent, and most importantly cheap place to crash for the weekend? I'm seriously considering it, but finances are an issue. Thanks :-)

Hi Jaemi

Have you checked out the Hotels page on the TitanCon website: http://titancon.com/2016/hotels.php

There are plenty of fairly decent hostels close to our venue in Belfast. Or perhaps someone else on here is looking for a room mate and is willing to share with you. Sharing is a good way to bring the cost down. Try talking some friends into coming over, the more the merrier.

10 hours ago, theMountainGoat said:

Hi Jaemi

Have you checked out the Hotels page on the TitanCon website: http://titancon.com/2016/hotels.php

There are plenty of fairly decent hostels close to our venue in Belfast. Or perhaps someone else on here is looking for a room mate and is willing to share with you. Sharing is a good way to bring the cost down. Try talking some friends into coming over, the more the merrier.

No I didn't notice the hotels section, which is stupid, cos I was looking for it. Thanks.

I don't have any friends haha :-D

4 hours ago, Jaemi Greysnow said:

No I didn't notice the hotels section, which is stupid, cos I was looking for it. Thanks.

I don't have any friends haha :-D

Well you do have friends now.  (I'll even give you a badge to prove it)

On the Titancon forum there is a Hotel / Room share thread.  If you don't mind sharing with strangers you may find someone there.http://titancon.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=70

Archived