Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

Hey everyone! I've noticed the first Rant and Rave thread is going to get close to 400 pages soon so I thought it would be a good idea to start part 2; a continuation of the first thread.

Here's a new question to start off with: Character screen time? Predict the top 5 for this season. Based off everything we know so far...I would say the typical characters: Tyrion, Dany, Cersie most likely, Jon, and a tie between Arya and Sansa (they were practically a tie last season).

Here's the OP:

Quoting Ran:

The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if he normal rules of the forum do not apply. Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand -- this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked.

Re. the Shae discussion on the old thread. I think Martin wanted to turn the cliché of Whore with a Heart of Gold that appears in some older fantasy. Shae is a whore with a heart for gold. :)

I think Tyrion on a rational level knows she's a paid for whore, of course, but on an emotional level he hopes, wishes, dreams that she is different and truly loves him. And when she acts against him to save her skin, it is the dream that got shattered. In this moment, and mocked again for his body, Tyrion can't think rational. That doesn't make it ok to kill her, but it makes it understandable. BookTyrion is a complex character, after all. 

Quote by Rhollo:

Because they are about as erotic as the sex hotline advertisments that are aired on german TV after 11pm.

Hehe, is there another hidden German here? :D I know those ads. 

On 2016年3月24日 at 4:23 AM, WolfQueenArya said:

Hey everyone! I've noticed the first Rant and Rave thread is going to get close to 400 pages soon so I thought it would be a good idea to start part 2; a continuation of the first thread.

Here's a new question to start off with: Character screen time? Predict the top 5 for this season. Based off everything we know so far...I would say the typical characters: Tyrion, Dany, Cersie most likely, Jon, and a tie between Arya and Sansa (they were practically a tie last season).

1) Daenerys

2) Jon

3) Tyrion

4) Cersei

5) Ramsay

3 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

5) Ramsay

:bawl:

I do hope not, but he's prominent in both trailers. 

Here were S5's top 10:

1. Jon Snow- 53:14
2. Cersei Lannister- 52:31
3. Tyrion Lannister- 46:34
4. Daenerys Targaryen- 42:55
5. Sansa Stark- 37:25
6. Arya Stark- 37:16
7. Jorah Mormont- 29:24
8. Stannis Baratheon- 29:23
9. Samwell Tarly- 24:03
10. Jaime Lannister- 22:32

Guess we can strike Stannis off this list for S6.

40 minutes ago, Gabriele said:

Re. the Shae discussion on the old thread. I think Martin wanted to turn the cliché of Whore with a Heart of Gold that appears in some older fantasy. Shae is a whore with a heart for gold. :)

I think Tyrion on a rational level knows she's a paid for whore, of course, but on an emotional level he hopes, wishes, dreams that she is different and truly loves him. And when she acts against him to save her skin, it is the dream that got shattered. In this moment, and mocked again for his body, Tyrion can't think rational. That doesn't make it ok to kill her, but it makes it understandable. BookTyrion is a complex character, after all. 

Quote by Rhollo:

Hehe, is there another hidden German here? :D I know those ads. 

He even passes on offers from girls of chataya to keep faithful to Shae. Tells a lot about his fantasised reality he projects into the situation.

By the way, found this about the screen time :D

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12278662_524771917688913_4864297715954468378_n.png?oh=aeb7f1a1add7ad23dc54661fa63b0cde&oe=5777DDE0

OC probably means original content.

I have no doubt that they will want Ramsay to have a very big year and will crack the top 10. I am curious as to how much time Bran will get. I have always thought of him, storywise, not that it matters as much to the show runners for their creative desires, that Bran may be the most important person in their fight against the Others/White Walkers. Not to mention that he is the True King of the North. He is Robb's heir, not Sansa, Rickon, Jon, Arya.  King Brandon.

3 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

I can't believe Sam's screen time was so high last season.  No wonder I was so bored throughout the show.

He was boring wasn't he? I think this year, meeting his family and going to the Citidel may be interesting but the ship journey does not interest me, that and the "constant baby", Little Sam.

Did anyone go through the new trailer for clues?  Its not even worth it to me at this point, but it seemed a little obvious, the 'someone will get the gift' voice over, since every season MANY characters die.

Didn't Dan and Dave say season 5 was their best season, I can't remember.  If so, it bodes ill for the quality of season 6....

I don't know how to interpret their newer statements about the books and the show diverging, I don't know if this is true in a meaningful way or if this is them trying to soften the blow for GRRM who failed to get his book done.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Did anyone go through the new trailer for clues?  Its not even worth it to me at this point, but it seemed a little obvious, the 'someone will get the gift' voice over, since every season MANY characters die.

Didn't Dan and Dave say season 5 was their best season, I can't remember.  If so, it bodes ill for the quality of season 6....

I don't know how to interpret their newer statements about the books and the show diverging, I don't know if this is true in a meaningful way or if this is them trying to soften the blow for GRRM who failed to get his book done.

Could be but they have to hype up their show and if they come out and say. It is going to be a really good year, people will enjoy it, it would seem not as interesting and cause questions. By saying this is our best season with no down espisodes, it sets the bar high with expectation and people get hyped for it more. I guess they have no choice. I do think, thanks to some reasonable spoilers, that there will be many deaths. Cersie "I choose vilence" with the Un-dead Mountain beside her is guarantied to send some robe wearing dudes to their deaths. That will be fun.

Here's the trailer/inspiring wording of the trailer:

"Are you afraid? You should be. You’re in the great game now. And the great game is terrifying."

"One way or another, the gift will be given. One way or another, a face will be added to the Hall."

"We are sinful creatures. We deserve death... we all do."

15 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

They said 4 was their best and 5 was their best and now 6 is their best...

I have a feeling that Sam will get a nice family reunion, get some respect from his father for the first time and the show will have the Iron Born do to them what they did to the shield Islands. Rickon or Randal will die and Gilly and Sam's sister will be the serving girls. The show loves to give nice heart warming scenes before doing something cruel. Shireen and Stannis before......., Sansa standing up to Myranda before........Dany rides Drogon before......., Jon thinking his Uncle Benjen is alive before........., Arya "wacking" Ser Meryn before..........., Myrcella acknowledgeing her Uncle-Daddy before.......... and it goes, as Dany the owner of titles puts it "on and on". Expect it.

Well, Sam was really happy about breaking his vows and having sex with Gilly, so who knows. Maybe his horrible father will be impressed. (Of course, I think it's good that he and Gilly made love, or whatever passes for that on the show, but having him all happy about breaking his vows was nuts.)

Archived