Bosch... Amazon Original

Martini Sigil

Besides being a terrific brand of power tools, the Amazon series Bosch is a pretty good show... it's not The Wire, but it's devoid of implausible stupidity which is both rare, and important.... Based on the Michael Connelly books featuring the title character played by Titus Welliver (The Last Ship, Sons of Anarchy).... we just finished S1, and are definitely going to watch S2...

Also.... Sofia from the Walking Dead, Job from Banshee, and Marlow & Lt Daniels from The Wire are part of a really good cast.... worth being on your binge list....

Renewed For Season 3

Less than a month after the second season of Bosch debuted, Amazon Studios said today its hardened LAPD detective is coming back for Season 3. The 10-episode third season of the series based on Michael Connelly’s bestselling Harry Bosch novels is likely set to debut next year. The new season will draw from Connolly’s 1992 The Black Echo and 2001 A Darkness More Than Night books.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finished it last night.  It was quite good, but I did feel quite lost for the beginning half - probably my own fault though, as I was watching while reading Fool's Quest and I was not as proficient at dividing my attention as I normally am.

I had no idea that Hand of God season 2 was released in March, so I'm watching that now.  It's funny that Mac's dad is in Bosch and his mom is in Hand of God.  Amos from The Expanse was also in season 1 of HoG, before he was Amos.

On 4/23/2017 at 7:43 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

It's funny that Mac's dad is in Bosch and his mom is in Hand of God.  Amos from The Expanse was also in season 1 of HoG, before he was Amos.

I watched the entire first season of Bosch without realizing that Crate was Mac's dad.  Finally realized it in the second episode of season two, and only because of his voice.  He looks totally different.

Will give this show a chance now that it's been mentioned here.

Not crazy normally about cop shows but Amazon may not what it's doing as this seems to be one of their best regarded shows and the lead actor is a good one. Plus, Marlo from The Wire!

I just watched the first two eps of S1.  Pretty good, a bit cliche, but overall well done and a cut above the typical police procedural.  The first (only?) major crime of S1 is really grim and horrible to contemplate.  I just hope they don't dwell on it too much.

30 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I just watched the first two eps of S1.  Pretty good, a bit cliche, but overall well done and a cut above the typical police procedural.  The first (only?) major crime of S1 is really grim and horrible to contemplate.  I just hope they don't dwell on it too much.

It is cliche because it's based on an airport crime novel series but the show itself is well acted and well executed. 

Archived