Bosch... Amazon Original

Martini Sigil

On 3/5/2019 at 8:34 AM, Iskaral Pust said:

Glad to hear S5 is imminent.  I may have to go back and watch The Shield.  I recall my wife did not like the hyper-violent cop beating up a suspect so we dropped it early. 

Be careful in the Watching thread, then, because we've been posting some Shield spoilers as a couple of us happened to be watching it at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Well, at least one showrunner (Overmeyer) and the music supervisor, and some of the production crew -- are top flight Wire veterans. so naturally then are some of the actors.  All helps make Bosch such solid, dependable, tv viewing.

Dog!

Though

Spoiler

naming that dog Coltrane is a terrible thing to have done to that dog.  Ya ya ya Bosch is supposed to be that sort of jazz fan, but still.  A person doesn't go around calling "Coltrane!  Coltrane!  Time for walkies!"  Maybe ... Cole.  Maybe ... Trane.  But never Coltrane.

Anyhow -- as soon as we see Harry picking up the stray dog as well as the stray mom who lot her daughter junkie, we knew that either the dog would get shot or Harry would adopt him.  We kinda got both there, and now the end's Harry's looking for another stray on the street, the mom's runaway daughter.

I, for one, really felt this was a satisfying watch.

On 4/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, Zorral said:

Well, at least one showrunner (Overmeyer) and the music supervisor, and some of the production crew -- are top flight Wire veterans. so naturally then are some of the actors.  All helps make Bosch such solid, dependable, tv viewing.

And Serge! I'm taking this slower than you are.. :)

18 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I still really dig this show... I'm not really a "cop show" fan... but less so for the genre and moreso because they tend to lean on tropes and unrealistic action... Bosch avoids all of that

:agree:  A very old friend to whom I'd recced this series, also not a big fan of cop show, etc., loves it.  At the end of binging season 5 he texted:  "Can't wait for season 6!"

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished it though I took my time. Very solid. I was surprised they:

Major Season 4 spoilers.. sort Season 5 spoilers:

Spoiler

didn't address the fact that a white former LA police commissioner killed a black reporter in a city embezzlement scheme. They completely ignored the ramifications of such a major arrest. There should have been race riots in LA if not constant news coverage and a massive shadow over the morale of the police department.

I really did like the character interactions between Bosch and the lawyer and hired investigator.

I knew the moment Harry fed the dog

Spoiler

the dog was either going to be killed or that he would adopt the dog.

However! despite Harry's tick off the boxes of characterization as ticks -- music box: Jazz, Coltrane is an awful name to give a dog.  He's gonna have to call 'Trane' or 'Cole'.  One cannot go about the nabe yelling "COLTRANE!!!!!!"  Especially, considering who Coltrane was, as a person and as a composer.

Still, a daughter moves out, ya getta dog. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I am late to this series, just started it a few weeks ago, already almost done w S4 though. Well done so far. Glad I am getting to binge a lot right now since there is nothing else worthy of binging!

32 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I am late to this series, just started it a few weeks ago, already almost done w S4 though. Well done so far. Glad I am getting to binge a lot right now since there is nothing else worthy of binging!

Yeah I went through it pretty quick once I started and wish I had started sooner. Had no idea how good it was.. the commercials/previews make it look like just another TV cop drama (I guess that's Amazon's marketing for you). The major death in S2 really sold it for me personally.

4 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah I went through it pretty quick once I started and wish I had started sooner. Had no idea how good it was.. the commercials/previews make it look like just another TV cop drama (I guess that's Amazon's marketing for you). The major death in S2 really sold it for me personally.

Yeah that was a bit surprising, thought it would play out a season longer. Just finished S4, not surprising that a certain person died. 

Finished S5 this week. Love the show as a whole. Wasn't too happy with the plot line this season, Bosch is a high profile detective, there is no way he could do any undercover work, that took me out of it a little. I did laugh a little at the parallel of both Maddie and the dog leaving him, then both coming back at the same time, a little ham fisted. 

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Renewed for a seventh and final season.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/bosch-renewed-7th-final-season-amazon-1202859488/

Love the show. No bad seasons at all and it looks like they'll be able to wrap up all the characters and open story arcs on their own terms.

Glad to see there is more to come as I generally enjoy the show.

You didn't think S5 was bad? Maybe it was me, I just couldn't see how they thought having a cop who is all over the news every season be an undercover operator, it just didn't make sense. 

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Glad to see there is more to come as I generally enjoy the show.

You didn't think S5 was bad? Maybe it was me, I just couldn't see how they thought having a cop who is all over the news every season be an undercover operator, it just didn't make sense. 

Probably the weakest season.. especially after wrapping up Season 4 with Bosch and the ex-commisioner. But I wouldn't call it bad.

Archived