Bosch... Amazon Original

Martini Sigil

Season 5 wasn't the best of them so far, but it was still quite good.

I have a friend who grew up in Bosch's environs; we watch each season when it comes together.  His delight in seeing his boyhood haunts on the screen contributes quite a bit to my own enjoyment, so that might account for not disliking season 5.  But then, I liked the second season of True Detective too!:)

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Season 5 wasn't the best of them so far, but it was still quite good.

Yep.  Still better than most modern current television.  Can't wait for season six.  Really need to do a rewatch of this.

There aren't a lot of cop shows I really dig... mainly because they're (mostly) on broadcast networks, and they;re very formulaic... far too often there's a confession that no one with half a brain would ever give... off the top of my head I can;t think of another cop show (other than this) on streaming or cable networks that I watch... 

• 1 month later...

They got all the shooting and editing in, under the wire, all right.

But one of my amigos in particular -- we really love Bosch, and watch it together, but not in the same place. I watch here and he watches at his house, and text and email each about it as we watch.  

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I'm guessing they didn't want to be too obvious by dropping it on April 1st...

Did they drop it on April 1?  If they did it was great.  But I didn't see it because I didn't.  Had a lot of other stuff going on that was work and survival that day -- like most days, I guess, which is likely true for most of us?

On 4/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, Zorral said:

Did they drop it on April 1?  If they did it was great.  But I didn't see it because I didn't.  Had a lot of other stuff going on that was work and survival that day -- like most days, I guess, which is likely true for most of us?

Not available yet.  It just says “coming soon” on Prime Video.

My buddy B and I will start watching tonight.  We're gonna have to ration this, as there has been so very little either new or old that either of has been able to muster up the energy to watch.  But then, we all are pretty tired once dinner has been prepared, eaten and cleaned up after, so all we want to do is talk to people and / or read books -- books that are physical objects, not pixilated, and soon to sleep!

Finished the first episode.

Spoiler

Saw the cop murders coming but a tiny bit surprised they ended that so early. 

Bosch's complex for working a case to near obsession doesn't seem to apply to his wife's murder. Surprised they haven't pursued/picked up that storyline yet. Maybe they're saving it for last?

Archived