Bosch... Amazon Original

Martini Sigil

10 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Fair warning, this article has full season spoilers. I would not click on it until watching the 7th season.

That said, I binged the whole thing. Will post more on my thoughts later though.

I started the first two eps. Compelling acting as always. Definitely seems like there's a whole lot to sort out in the next six, but I will get my answers soon.

I'm really impressed with Madeline Lintz as his daughter. Her start as kind of a throw-in role as the precocious daughter growing into a strong, complex character has been a treat. I generally am too quick to dismiss teen actors (well I suppose she's in her 20s now), but I think she's been superb keeping up with all these veteran character actors. 

I can't help but snicker at Titus Welliver sometimes and his short man saunter. Guy looks like he's about 5-6 but carries himself like a quarterback. Not fair, I suppose as a tall guy, looking down (rimshot) on a short actor trying to give his excellent character some physicality that his frame doesn't necessarily fit. Just know the type pretty well.

5 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I'm really impressed with Madeline Lintz as his daughter. Her start as kind of a throw-in role as the precocious daughter growing into a strong, complex character has been a treat. I generally am too quick to dismiss teen actors (well I suppose she's in her 20s now), but I think she's been superb keeping up with all these veteran character actors. 

:agree:   

I get more impressed every season with Amy Aquino as LT.  She made LT into a real character of interest.

But I loved the casting across the board, so very honestly LA diverse as it is.

Ya I should have mentioned the article has spoilers, but it did say it did right at the top, so I didn't mention it. The warning was enough to stop me reading, as I've gotten through only 3 episodes, so far (time constraints).

Binged the season over the weekend as a pleasant surprise, clicked on Amazon and saw it had new episodes, hurray for me.

I liked this season even though it felt rushed or a little short. Definitely happy to hear there will be a spin off series, just have to figure out how to watch it.\

Spoiler

I kinda liked how they handled Edgers fall out from the shooting, Even though he knew the guy was a piece of shit, it still weighed on him that he went there to take his life. Not everyone is a stone cold killer and they showed it.

Also like how they brought in a bit of the movements w women in the workforce and the shit they endure. It was pretty obvious as soon as the jeweler pushed the ear rings on her that she was being set up and that the Cpt was involved. This is the one part they didn't do very well.

I didn't like that Honey lived, but now I see why since she is in the new series.

Maddie did well this season, not sure where she is going. Does she go into police force and be his eyes and ears there or did she mean she wants to be a part of what he is doing next? I'm sure the books tell us.

One other thing I appreciated was the show dialed it back a bit on the lead shooting and killing a few people per week, too unrealistic in a show that plays it close to real.

The good thing is the new series will have plenty of well drawn out characters to draw on.

I did NOT see coming what the opening sequence of ep 4 brought us.  HOLY COW!

Maddie's planning on being a prosecuting attorney, as opposed to Honey Chandler, who is a defending attorney.  She is learning so much, and she's learning it from the best, which will help her in that goal, of prosecuting attorney, learning to see how the other side thinks and does things. That she want to be the antithesis of Chandler doesn't interfere in the least with Maddie's understanding of just how good Chandler is, how tough Chandler is, and that this is the best mentoring situation to be in.  More points to Maddie for being so smart that she sees this. Don't see why that would change.  But then I've only seen half the season.

Spoiler

Also, Maddie says that Chandler is like her mother, who was the toughest, smartest person she ever knew.

Alright my thoughts: ultimately this didn't really feel like a Series finale but given the news above, that makes more sense now (even if only 3 of the characters will be in the "spin-off"). All the time I kept thinking how odd it was for the writers to choose these particular storylines to cover for a series finale as opposed to the thousand different things they could have pursued. It felt like the writers weren't notified that this was the last season until the final episode. On the other hand, this show being a great example of a what feels like an endless airport-novel series brought to TV, that seems somewhat fitting.

Spoilers all episodes, Season 7

Spoiler

J. Edgar -- did not like the storyline, did not think it was necessary or even really entertaining and did not find the concluding arc where J Edgar is back in form (or is he?) very believable in the timeframe it was covered. Even if he helps to save Maddie in the garage shootout, that shouldn't have been enough to get him into RHD over Bosch, Vega or Pierce.

Billets - I actually liked this storyline and her general leadership throughout the series. Though (like with the Irving plotlines) was perplexed with why they chose to pursue this plotline for the final season.

Irving -- he turned heel too quick. And Bosch was able to quit too easily in front of all of his friends and Irving

Bosch-- hope as a private detective he can investigate the Chinese spy guy that ordered Eleanor's hit. For a guy who doesn't let cold cases, bodied go unsolved, he sure didn't seem bent on justice for his ex-wife and the mother of his daughter.

Saw Pena's death coming a mile away.

Maddie wanting to become a cop was amusing.. she still feels like a teenager to me. Glad the boyfriend didn't have a heel turn and end up working for Pena or something.

The major character deaths (including what I thought was Honey's death) was the one time where I felt like it was really a final season. That hitman was awesome and killing Sobel off screen is cold. Got to wonder how you plan to kidnap a judge and kill a witness inside a courthouse (even if it is just the garage). 

The female ADA or whatever she was, ordering hits on judges and witnesses for 20k or so in cash is just not believable. LA's got MCU level corruption in it's municipality. 

Overall, I was entertained enough to binge through it but did think this was one of the weaker seasons.

Well.  One does wonder how Bosch's decision

Spoiler

will affect Maddie's new career choice?  One also would like to be following these people as the covid bomb drops on LA for the next two years.  The stories, o the stories.  I loved how they did that. And how will the now known-to-be-corrupt Chief Irving handle things? Or will that story get killed in the spotlight of covid?  Not to mention the shyte in D.C.?  O those BLM protests.  And the wildfires.

My favorite arc was LT's.

I liked it a lot, though as others say, it felt a wee bit truncated.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, WarGalley said:

Alright my thoughts:.

Spoilers all episodes, Season 7

Hide contents

J. Edgar -- did not like the storyline, did not think it was necessary or even really entertaining and did not find the concluding arc where J Edgar is back in form (or is he?) very believable in the timeframe it was covered. Even if he helps to save Maddie in the garage shootout, that shouldn't have been enough to get him into RHD over Bosch, Vega or Pierce.

Spoiler

Bosch went to the Lt. with his thoughts on who should be assigned where. I assume he recommended Edgar for the spot. 

• 9 months later...

After leaving the Los Angeles Police Department as a detective, Bosch’s (Titus Welliver) story continues, working with former enemy and top-notch attorney, Honey “Money” Chandler (Mimi Rogers). The only thing they can agree on? Finding justice. Meanwhile, his daughter, Maddie (Madison Lintz) follows in his footsteps as a rookie patrol officer with the LAPD.

Bosch: Legacy: Friday 6th May on IMDb TV

Wonder if Amazon Prime Video will be doing this as part of their IMDB portal -- free with commercials? :D I've never even tried to watch anything they've offered that way.

On 4/3/2022 at 1:06 PM, Zorral said:

Wonder if Amazon Prime Video will be doing this as part of their IMDB portal -- free with commercials? :D I've never even tried to watch anything they've offered that way.

That was the original proposal.  I hope not though.

Archived