Podcasts and Organizing them

Lily Valley

On 05/11/2017 at 4:10 AM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Dan Carlin has a new Common Sense out titled Shades of Grey

Solid rant about the current degeneration of our political system 

Thanks.

It seems to be the pain of someone who could always be 'neutral' and 'in the centre', 'above things'. But no wonder he, as many others more partisan than that, has troubles finding the stability to create.

I hope the system he is trying now will work for him.

On 11/11/2017 at 5:06 AM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yet another Dan Carlin interview, this one conducted on Daniele Bolelli's podcast, History on Fire

/Bonus: Bolelli's accent is kind of amazing. Almost a cartoon Italian accent.

He's also just done an interview with Joe Rogan, he's worth listening to whereever he is.

The Joe Rogan Experience is great watch the episodes on youtube. Great variety of guests from all different walks of life. Came across him when I watched the Lance Armstrong episode which was great. Went down the rabbit hole and watched a shitload of episodes and now watch all the new ones the day they come out. Best recurring guests for me are Neil Degrasse Tyson, Randal Carlson, Brendan Schaub and I enjoy any that have Bert, Ari and Tom on there.He is also starting to do a regular mma show.

Startalk and anything else that Neil Degrasse Tyson gets on is always worth a watch/listen.

• 2 weeks later...

OK...can I be awfully and plug my own podcast here LOL 

Its absolutely not professional quality but just for fun. 

It's all about Celtic myths and legends and I hope to record and upload one episode per month. 

Would really appreciate it if anyone could listen and let me know what you think or whether it's worth continuing wih it lol 

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-257315061/episode-1-introductions-cornish-pixie

The first episode is about the Cornish Pixie ^_^

• 6 months later...

I've mainly just been listening to sports podcasts for a while, mainly Football Weekly and The Totally Football show in the run up to the end of the season and the Champions League final, but I've decided to get back into some longer form podcasts.

I struggled a bit with the latest Hardcore History, the subject's a bit too niche for me. Other than that I've been thinking I might try to get back into a true crime podcast so I've just started Dirty John which seems to have had some positive reviews. I might start the New York Times podcast Caliphate on the rise of isis too.

Do you mean the hardcore history addendum shows? I don't think he's had a main one for a while? I've quite liked the interviews particularly the one with the ex high up military guy.

His common sense shows highlights why he doesn't want to do shows at the moment. The thing is common sense wasn't only about the president and the system at play. It used to be about changes in law, foreign events, healthcare etc. While the current administration is a part of all those other topics it's not the only thing. I think he's too caught up in it to step back and realise he can discuss other matters. I suspect it's because most feedback he receives is about Trump.

4 minutes ago, red snow said:

Do you mean the hardcore history addendum shows? I don't think he's had a main one for a while? I've quite liked the interviews particularly the one with the ex high up military guy.

No the one on public executions from earlier in the year. It took me ages to get through it.

I hadn't noticed there were more of his shorter Hardcore History shows. I've only listened to the first one, I'll have to try the others.

56 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

No the one on public executions from earlier in the year. It took me ages to get through it.

I hadn't noticed there were more of his shorter Hardcore History shows. I've only listened to the first one, I'll have to try the others.

Ah that one. I forgot it was a proper installment. It did feel like it could have been a lot shorter like way back when it would have been a 1 hour show tops

• 5 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon the Ensign's Log podcast. It's pretty funny. Jason Harding and Steve Shives pretend to be two Ensigns on Captain Kirk's Enterprise commenting from the peanut gallery point of view on what's going on as the ship goes on its various missions starting with the first episode of Star Trek: TOS and going in order.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 12:52 PM, ljkeane said:

There’s a new Hardcore History episode out.

Was just about to post my excitement at discovering that. Good topic as well and given it's recent history can understand why it's taken a while as he has a lot more sources to work with.

The new Hardcore History was fine. But he definitely seems shaken by political developments in the US, and the constant comparisons between modern day experience and the past seems to have disappeared as a result.

I have enjoyed the Farm to Taber podcast, exploring developments in food security and farming. As well as the Hammer House of Podcast, which explores the Hammer horror films one by one.

Another nice relaxing joyful podcast has been Sheep Might Fly by Tansy Rayner Roberts, where she serializes new material as well as existing short stories.