Would you be ok with the Boltons surviving the series?

Barbossa

Simple question really, i don't just mean the major players from the house, i mean the whole house itself. Personally i wouldn't, their a house of traitors cunts and i wish to see them wiped out for all the shit they did in the present and in the past.

Hopefully the Starks ( if they somehow get back into power) wise up for once and wipe them out.

The only Frey/Bolton I have any pinch of feeling for is Fat Walda. For some reason she is the most innocent of both houses (Gatehouse Ami is also innocent, just not innocent). It's not because she is pregnant, but something else I can't put my bloody finger on. 

Other than that, all them trailer trash bitches can burn. 

If Walda is pregnant with Rooses' child, a Bolton, then yes let him live to lead them into the future, I don't know of any other Boltons that even exist. Foster him with a more honorable family though. Wiping out a entire segment of any population is just revenge for the sake of revenge.

4 minutes ago, Scorpion92 said:

We know that wolves are coming back, and there is no way in hell they will forgive House Bolton for their treachery.

So no, I don't think they will survive the series.

I don't disagree with you at all in reality,  but what if the baby Bolton was fostered with a more honorable northern house and there was a *sigil change? Of all the remaining Starks, Arya is the only one that I could see as wanting to kill the baby. Maybe post apocalyptic, unicorn riding Rickon, but it will be a while until he is old enough to make these decisions if he even gets to sit that high. 

* are sigil changes possible or ever happened? 

I don't think that a single generation of Boltons condemn the whole family to extinction. I would like to see them survive: their castle name is awesome; Roose is a cool character and he owned the King in the North, after all; and we don't see many cruel Boltons as Starks, actually. Many people like the Hungry Wolf but I think he was a hyperventilated genocidal wacko. It's Ramsay we want dead, not the Bolton. :P 

While there are a few decent Freys, like Olyvar, and many more that we know exist but we don't know their characters, we've never actually heard of another living Bolton. My impression is that Domeric was not so bad.  But Ramsay is an out and out monster, and Roose is not only treacherous but a rapist himself who stands by and allows Ramsay's horrific viciousness to run rampant. Their very sigil is based on horror.  If Walda is pregnant then foster the baby to a decent family but otherwise wipe this lot out.

I'm hoping they survive, Roose mostly, he's the most badass super ordinary guy in the series. I mean everyone describes him as super ordinary except those baller eyes he's got and everyone fears him. If Ramsay survives, which doesn't seem likely, meh. There's plenty of bad people in the world. Keep him on a tight leash and he'll be the North's own Gregor Clegane

13 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I don't disagree with you at all in reality,  but what if the baby Bolton was fostered with a more honorable northern house and there was a *sigil change? Of all the remaining Starks, Arya is the only one that I could see as wanting to kill the baby. Maybe post apocalyptic, unicorn riding Rickon, but it will be a while until he is old enough to make these decisions if he even gets to sit that high. 

* are sigil changes possible or ever happened? 

The baby's father is a Bolton, and the mother is a Frey. I don't think fostering this baby and changing his sigil will be good ideas because this is a medieval society, and Starks will not hold respect of other northern houses if they do not extinguish the family that dared to rise and usurp their place as rulers of the North. Different time, different rules, you need to imagine how northerners will view it. Especially with winter approaching, there will be harsh and ruthless choices - the reason Starks were called Kings of Winter in the first place.

And frankly I do not believe Fat Walda, Roose, Ramsay or this child survives the series. They might get chopped off in the very next book.

21 minutes ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

I don't think that a single generation of Boltons condemn the whole family to extinction. I would like to see them survive: their castle name is awesome; Roose is a cool character and he owned the King in the North, after all; and we don't see many cruel Boltons as Starks, actually. Many people like the Hungry Wolf but I think he was a hyperventilated genocidal wacko. It's Ramsay we want dead, not the Bolton. :P 

Boltons are known for flaying Starks, this isn't the first time in history that they did something horrible. The castle name and their sigil should be reason enough to wipe them out. These are not people that will turn good, their whole culture supports the opposite.

10 minutes ago, Scorpion92 said:

The baby's father is a Bolton, and the mother is a Frey. I don't think fostering this baby and changing his sigil will be good ideas because this is a medieval society, and Starks will not hold respect of other northern houses if they do not extinguish the family that dared to rise and usurp their place as rulers of the North. Different time, different rules, you need to imagine how northerners will view it. Especially with winter approaching, there will be harsh and ruthless choices - the reason Starks were called Kings of Winter in the first place.

And frankly I do not believe Fat Walda, Roose, Ramsay or this child survives the series. They might get chopped off in the very next book.

Believe it or not I do agree with you. Especially your last paragraph. I expect a little struggle as to what to do with a pregnant lady or a baby because those are still moral issues, even in that world. Ask Jaime ^_^ 

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Believe it or not I do agree with you. Especially your last paragraph. I expect a little struggle as to what to do with a pregnant lady or a baby because those are still moral issues, even in that world. Ask Jaime ^_^ 

That is why these books are so awesome, George constantly raises these kind of issues. We all love Starks from the beginning, but how horrible and ruthless will it be, for example, if resurrected and more hardened and ruthless Jon orders the death of this baby and most northerners approve of this action? That is why I love these books, there are always shades of grey in Martin's books as cliche as it may sound.

Anyways, cheers!

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I agree. Assuming that Ramsay dies and Roose too or at least takes the black... I would prefer to have the "House" itself punished by revoking the Dreadfort and given to a new lord (mabye lands will be required for the wildlings?).  However, I would prefer for Roose's trueborn child to suvive and be fostered at some other court, ideally by the Starks. Ultimately it is innocent for the crimes of its forebearers. House Bolton can be reduced to a serving lower house, perhaps without lands at all and as mere providing service e.g. as castellans or something.

No they need to be wiped from the North. 

There continued existence is already contrived to have them survive the series would be ridiculous. 

And why would the Starks continue to let any Bolton live and hold the Dredfort the land or power is stupid beyond reason. Realistically the Starks should wipe them from existence starting with Roose, Ramsey, that baby in utero, any and all other relatives than on to the Dredfort they need to burn that bitch down. 

Plus the Boltons are so fucking boring. 

If they do survive, I imagine they'll be drastically reduced in power once there's a Stark in Winterfell again/a different dynasty on the Iron Throne  There's always some shuffling around of lands and titles after a power shift like that, and I'm sure nobody in the North will bat an eye at them being "flayed" of their prestige.

Archived