Who will get the Dreadfort?

chrisdaw

Nothing good has ever come from giving ancient seats to another family while claimants are still alive. If Waldas baby is a boy, he should get the dreadfort, just for the sake of continuity. It would also be an oppurtunity for Jon to prove his sense of justice and mercy, offspring of a Frey and Bolton is still an innocent child. Righteous vengeance is one thing, but mindless revenge is just dumb and not to be admired.

If it´s a girl, though, the dreadfort might go to anyone. Propably a wildling or a loyal stark servant. Or both.

On 4/17/2016 at 4:26 AM, Julia H. said:

It's a good question, but ... Does Roose truly care? He doesn't seem to be particularly upset by the death of his apparently decent son Domeric, and he makes Ramsay his new heir despite the strong suspicion that Ramsay killed Domeric. He has a somewhat cavalier attitude to the safety of his yet to be born child with Walda. I think having an heir probably has some advantages even while he is alive, but does he really care what will happen after he's gone? I know it's a major issue for most lords but Roose seems to be in many ways ... well, different.

Yeah that's also a good question.  I assume he does care (could be wrong)- don't have much to back it up, other than the culture.  I cannot imagine he is utterly indifferent though; I just find it hard to believe that he wouldn't care if the Bolton name is completely wiped out.  Why would he go through all that trouble for Winterfell and to be Warden of the North? He knows winter is coming/here, that he is relatively old, etc... he has to know his "success" won't last long, which is why I assume does care on some level.

On April 17, 2016 at 9:11 PM, chrisdaw said:

It was a complicated question for Robb, and I'm not sure there is a cousin next in line, as the series has had ample time and opportunity to explain that (like when Roose is talking about how Ramsay would kill any other child of his) if it were the case and were to become relevant.

And particularly offensive foes tend to lose all their shit when vanquished.

In history, claims have gone to very distant relatives of the last deceased claimant.  Roose may not have any first cousins, but I think the idea that every generation of Boltons has only had one child for hundreds of years and none have married into other families is pretty unlikely.  If Roose's grandfather had any siblings who had children, there are heirs.

The Dreadfort will remain as property of Roose Bolton.  

Jon Snow the bastard of castle black and winterfell will remain dead and will win no battles.

House Stark will remain extinct followed by their fanatical followers.

:D:D

When/if Lord Bolton dies the Dreadfort goes to sih new truborn son from Lady Walda.

On March 31, 2016 at 0:28 AM, chrisdaw said:

Something the show might spoil us on, so let's have a go at it before hand.

Eventually Jon is going to fuck Ramsay up. Didn't need the show to see that coming. His nemesis bastard in the North sitting in WF. Ramsay's gutter brawny fighting style against Jon's honourable highborn taught Valyrian sword. Ramsay's dogs for Ghost. And finally that letter pitting them as enemies and hyping the fight.

Jon will obviously win, and then House Bolton will be done with. So, who will Jon then bestow the Dreadfort upon? There's likely some hint in the text somewhere.

I don't think Jon and Ramsay will fight in the books. 

But the Dreadfort will either go to Jeyne's kid if she's pregnant which she very well might be or Roose's kid with Walda.

Walda's most likely going to die and Jeyne isn't so I guess Ramsay's possible kid will get it. We'll have to go a few generations back for another Bolton heir if Roose and Ramsay end up not having anymore kids.

In Stannis' shoes, I'd make the Dreadfort my temporary base of operations until I can consolidate the North and hand it to whoever I think is deserving. If Ramsay or Roose have a girl, he can betroth the girl to one of his loyal southern men like Richard Horpe or Justin Massey. 

Since Ramsay was wed to Arya Stark, any children Jeyne Poole has will technically be bastards and have to be legitimized to be heirs.  If Ramsay and Roose die, the next in line is Roose's trueborn child by Walda Frey.  HOWEVER, we have received some foreshadowing by being told that Asha was wed by proxy in her absence to an old Ironborn guy.  If the First Men of the North also allow marriage by proxy (and I don't see why they wouldn't, this has been done in many cultures through history), Ramsay is legally married to Arya Stark, and Jeyne served the same role as the goat in Asha's marriage.  If Roose, Ramsay, Walda, and Walda's unborn child die, then Arya will have the best claim unless Roose has any legitimate brothers or uncles we haven't heard of.

Archived