What do you think Sansa's role is going to be in the last few books?

Demonking1381

..But how can anyone say Sansa is the least important PoV character? Arys and Areo are also PoV characters. Personally, I rate Aeron, Victarion, Arianne (as of ADWD) and Jon Connington also as less important than others.

In ACOK and ASOS, two of the best books of the series, we watched many important events through Sansa's PoV. Currently she is the only PoV near Littlefinger, and LF is one of the main active antagonists of the series. She is is related to the rightful ruling families of three kingdoms (North, Riverlands and Vale), and married (for now) to a fourth great house (Lannister). I'd say she is the sixth major PoV after Jon,Tyrion,Dany,Bran and Arya. Those were the main five in the original plan, and it seems some of Arya's initial story is given to Sansa - if so Sansa is part of a 'main six' PoVs.

4 minutes ago, Hos the Hostage said:

and it seems some of Arya's initial story is given to Sansa - if so Sansa is part of a 'main six' PoVs.

Can you ascribe some details to this statement? Besides marrying Tyrion in a manner completely different to Arya's planned story. What has Sansa taken again? 

Meanwhile Arya is the only character with a POV in every book in asoiaf. She has more chapters than any female character and is grrm's favourite female character to write. He said if he had the time he would write a whole book on just Arya in Braavos. Arya was one of the first characters he created along with Jon and Tyrion.  

It's so annoying when these Sandra fans have to take things from Arya to prop up Sansa. They still want to take Nymeria from Arya as Sansa deserves a direwolf too. I mean. *facepalm*

@DutchArya Just what you said and nothing more. Sansa was supposed to marry Joffrey and be the Stark family Brutus, but instead she marries Tyrion.

Speculation (slightly show-based): Right now she is in the Vale and LF seems to be of a mind to raise North, Riverlands and Vale for her. In parallel we have Northern lords trying to execute Robb's will and make Jon KitN (If GNC is right). So some Jon/Sansa interactions or conflict is possible (If Jon comes to Winterfell and if LF, Jaime or Brienne takes Sansa North). Arya as of now is quite far from Tyrion and Jon. So I assumed GRRM gave some of Sansa's story to Margaery (Joffrey's downfall) and Arya's story to Sansa.

But I do hope Arya saves the Hardhome refugees and do a Nymeria (then she will go back North).

45 minutes ago, Hos the Hostage said:

@DutchArya

Just what you said and nothing more. Sansa was supposed to marry Joffrey and be the Stark family Brutus, but instead she marries Tyrion.

But that isn't Arya’s outline story. She was never supposed to marry Tyrion. All grrm did was swap one Lannister for another. Tyrion doesn't love Sansa and barely thinks about her since they parted - Again nothing like Arya's planned story.

Instead grrm has Ramsay in Tyrion's OG place, marrying a girl pretending to be Arya who Jon breaks his vows and dies for. Grrm's outline was completely finessed and things swapped around. None of Arya's OG story was given to Sansa. 

Right now she is in the Vale and LF seems to be of a mind to raise North, Riverlands and Vale for her. In parallel we have Northern lords trying to execute Robb's will and make Jon KitN (If GNC is right).

Rikkon and Bran are also in play with the GNC. Now that Bran leaving the tree is very likely to happen in the books - makes his claim much stronger than any remaining Stark child. With Jon succeeding in the show, whatever comes of the GNC, a Stark King will be crowned. So LF fails.

So some Jon/Sansa interactions or conflict is possible (If Jon comes to Winterfell and if LF, Jaime or Brienne takes Sansa North). Arya as of now is quite far from Tyrion and Jon.

Like people already mentioned in this thread: Sansa's story in the Vale is nowhere near done. While Jon is already dead and it will likely be Stannis who fights the battle we saw in the North this season. I hope book!Jon will come back different and changed by his ordeal in dying. Death. Something he has in common with his Stark sister who will also return to Westeros. I dunno how any of this means Sansa has taken some of Arya's OG plot?

So I assumed GRRM gave some of Sansa's story to Margaery (Joffrey's downfall) and Arya's story to Sansa.

He didn't. 

1 hour ago, DutchArya said:

It's so annoying when these Sandra fans have to take things from Arya to prop up Sansa. They still want to take Nymeria from Arya as Sansa deserves a direwolf too. I mean. *facepalm*

I think that's actually actually one of show!Sansa's nicknames in the fandom. :lmao:I'm a bit of a stan for all the Starklings, so no Nymeria for Sansa. My crackpot based on readings in Bran's chapters, is Lady lives on as part of Sansa, but I digress.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, while I don't necessarily see either one of the Stark girls becoming Queen, I think there's more hints in the direction of Arya. For all I know, we may get a non POV sitting the IT at the end, just like how the story's been since AGOT.

Back to Sansa, it's hard to predict much beyond the Vale and there's more discussion on that in the TWOW forums. Can't seem to quote your second post but agree on Tyrion. I'm sick of hearing how Sansa will become more mature and "learn to love Tyrion" and make the marriage work. They seem to forget that he's just not that into her either, and even thinks of her as false...and we all know what happened to the last woman he referred to as "false." He's one of my favorite characters in the series, but with all his women problems, I ship him with The Citadel like the HMS Victory.

As for SanSan, I currently subscribe to it more than ship it due to where their story arcs are. There's more growth needed from both, but the text definitely leads that direction. TBH, I'm currently shipping Sansa with Her Own Personal Space and looking forward to seeing how she develops as a political actor as much as I care about who she ends up with. 

5 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

If Sansa took Arya's story, then is she going to get Needle also. The outline specifically had Arya fighting the White Walker invasion with Needle. Is that something that you see Sansa doing?

LMAO No. Sansa will live looong. I can see she will last when others all die because they fight in the battle and all. I hope Arya and Bran will last. 

Archived