Kit Harington revelations (spoilers)

Lesk

On 4/9/2016 at 6:09 AM, ummester said:

Or not - and the whole bloodlines being special thing is as pointless in GoTs as it was with real royalty :D

Or, so you hope.  Just because it doesn't fit your narrative, we have seen where the bloodlines do matter.  And the screenplay has made Daenerys flame proof, too.  

Just now, MtnLion said:

Or, so you hope.  Just because it doesn't fit your narrative, we have seen where the bloodlines do matter.  And the screenplay has made Daenerys flame proof, too.  

Could go either way - point is it doesn't seem very relevant to everything else happening in the story now.

Would Jon being a Targ have stopped the Nights Watch turning on him? Would it have made him react differently to the wildlings? Would it have had any impact on his relationship with Ygrette, or how he feels about the Starks? It doesn't seem very relevant to the unfolding narrative as written and filmed and the idea of 'a special baby with a special bloodline' will feel tacked on to the rest of the story now.

13 hours ago, ummester said:

Would Jon being a Targ have stopped the Nights Watch turning on him?

Thorne is a Targaryen loyalist that hates Starks, to explain his motives.  I doubt that the mutiny would have gotten as much traction without his support.  If he knew that Jon was a Targaryen his character arc would be quite different.  

49 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

:( I know... We will all miss Thorne's reaction to Jon Targaryen.

That is the true shame of this arc.  I wonder if GRRM has an alternate version in the works. 

1 minute ago, MtnLion said:

That is the true shame of this arc.  I wonder if GRRM has an alternate version in the works. 

By the law of GRMM, characters who are vital to such important fact shouldn't be expose to it (like Aemon dying before get to know Jon's parentage or Sam probably won't know Jon got kill).

Archived