A week, a year, and a lifetime

James Steller

Pick three people from the series (gender depends entirely on your own personal orientations).

You'll be in a week-long affair with the first person you choose. The next will then be in a year-long affair with you, and then you will spend the rest of your life married to the third person.

The people you choose will be as old as they are in the series, or as old as they were when they died, but they MUST be alive at some point in the timeline of the five books written thus far.

First I spend a week hanging out with Amerei Frey. One can only imagine the various ways I can experiment and rest assured that she wouldn't judge or begrudge me. Sure she might see others while she's with me, but I'd just try to make the most of my time with her.

Then I'd go hang out in Dorne for a year with Arianne Martell. Again, there's the worry that she'd be seeing multiple people besides me, but by the logic of this post, she's not going to be bored of me for a whole year, which is probably longer than quite a few of her lovers had with her. And it's safe to say that she's one of the most attractive women in Westeros, living in the warmest part of it, so I'll take my year-long vacation there in her company.

Finally, I'll go marry Wynafryd Manderly and secure my position as heir to Wylis. Sure, I would likely have to change my name to Manderly, but who cares? As far as honour, bravery, intelligence, and loyalty goes, the Manderlys are in the upper echelon of Westerosi nobles. And they're the richest family in the North, living comfortably and far away from the Wall, the southern intrigues, and the wildlings. I'd happily live there for the rest of my life with Wynafryd.

2 minutes ago, Ser Tristan Flowers said:

For a year I´d stay with Shiera Seastar, mysterious and beatiful, but propably very frustrating in the long run.

Didn't the OP specify only women alive in the timeline of the books? Or do you think Shiera is Melisandre's real identity or something along those lines?

Just now, King Floki of the Ironborn said:

Didn't the OP specify only women alive in the timeline of the books? Or do you think Shiera is Melisandre's real identity or something along those lines?

Whoops, I honestly didn´t read carefully. If she´s somehow still alive during the books I wouldn´t want her anymore.

Week: Ygritte has a lot going for her, but she really comes across as a hick with the whole "You know nothing" thing. I think that'll get old quickly.

Year: Arianne

As for life... can I assume that events will automatically transpire such that I end up with the person of my choosing? I'd probably choose Val, but I don't fancy getting my throat slit trying to steal her. Having said that, I feel that circumnavigating this... procedure makes her significantly less attractive, since it's that same attitude that makes her so attractive in the first place. Still, she has a lot going for her even then.

Week: Ellaria Sand. Oberyn can tag along.

Year: Jaime Lannister is a pretty pretty man with an amusing wit, but too many issues for the long term.

Life: Willas Tyrell, polite, bookish and heir to a grand castle, seems like fine husband material.

Week: Jaime - he has looks on his side but his past could be too much to take.

Year: Tyrion - he might not be attractive on the outside but his wit and intelligence would make him good company for a while.

Life: Sam - again not attractive physically but he would definitely be loyal, kind and we could cuddle up in front of a warm fire somewhere comfortably, reading books, playing scrabble and feeding each other chocolate.

On a sudden note, does this scenario assume that there's no bad breakups or awkward moments if certain characters find out about your activities? Like, I doubt in my situation that the women won't ever meet each other and just throw you side glances, but some people here are going to go from Jaime to Tyrion. Or Jon Snow to Sam. That's not going to be easy to deal with. And what if the week-long affair ends badly? Imagine Daenerys as your angry, vengeful ex. Or Tyrion for that matter.

Week: Lady Lysa Arryn. Just to see how batshit crazy she really is.

Year: Asha Greyjoy. That's a long time to have sea legs, but the experience would be amazing. I would probably lose some fingers with that axe game though.

Lifetime: Cersei Lannister. Would totally let her be my dom. But then I'd have to watch my back at all times. I like a challenge.

Archived