Peaky Blinders Season 3 - Spoilers

HexMachina

On 12-6-2016 at 4:05 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

Murphy and McCorry are a treat in every scene, so professional. The younger sister who is a revolutionary is intrigueing as hell, forgot her name sorry. Am looking forward to seeing her storyline/arc develop.

Ada :) 

On 5-6-2016 at 8:00 PM, Zorral said:

And again, in any case it was entirely erroneous to have a Roman priest scheming with the czarist Russians instead of a Greek Orthodox priest of their own form of religion. That made NO sense at all.

It made perfect sense. After all, Paddy Constantine wasn't really in league with the Whites at all. He acted as a liaison officer (so to speak) between members of the rightwing British establishment and this hapless bunch of crazy Russian exiles. If his role was written as a fellow Russian exile, you would have had a point, but he was purely using the cause of these Whites as a tool in the internal powerstruggles within British politics of the time. 

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

Ada :) 

It made perfect sense. After all, Paddy Constantine wasn't really in league with the Whites at all. He acted as a liaison officer (so to speak) between members of the rightwing British establishment and this hapless bunch of crazy Russian exiles. If his role was written as a fellow Russian exile, you would have had a point, but he was purely using the cause of these Whites as a tool in the internal powerstruggles within British politics of the time. 

I dunno.  The kind of respect and difference given him by the russkis, the mass etc. -- it didn't read that way to me.

7 hours ago, Zorral said:

I dunno.  The kind of respect and difference given him by the russkis, the mass etc. -- it didn't read that way to me.

Well, Paddy seems to have held a lot of power. They knew that, so they indulged him. The same way Tommy deferred to him with that Act of Contrition, eventhough I imagine that the Whites didn't need the beating to recognize him as a man in firm control of their destiny. 

7 hours ago, Zorral said:

I saw it completely differently, to me, it wasn't respect and deference and that the Russians were showing, it was an act of political expedience. They knew that the best method for getting their station back was by working with powerful member of the British government, lead by folks who would have the most to lose should communism spread to the UK. To me, there was nothing in the way of genuine respect by the Russians towards the priest, it was just folks who

Watched the new season a week ago, quite liked it, even if the story didn't hook me as much as it did in the previous seasons, partially because I don't know much about the politics of the time so I didn't really understand what was going on between Section D, the Russians and the English government. Of course when the acting and cinematography is this good it could've been about the Shelbys deciding to retire on a farm and milking cows for the rest of their days and I'd have watched it.
So, my least favorite season, but still really good, especially the final episode.

On 2016-06-05 at 1:55 PM, Pliskin said:

It's Arthur's greatest season. He's way more interesting than before. Well, it helps that it's also the best season so far (if that's even possible), but it's particularly true for Arthur who just shines.

Another great season. Tom Hardy needs to be made a permanent main cast member, if they can afford it. 

I had two issues with the plot though. 1. The pedo-priest was fairly cheap and quite unnecessary (as others have said); the guy was a good enough villain as it was. 2. What was the deal with the Italian boss' wife being a former school teacher to the Shelby lads? It made zero sense to me that a London-based Italian crimelord would have married a random Birmingham schoolteacher. Maybe I missed something about that, I don't know.

15 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

Another great season. Tom Hardy needs to be made a permanent main cast member, if they can afford it. .

Even if they could, I don't think Hardy would bite. It's already pretty amazing that he's agreed to appear this much. 

16 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

I had two issues with the plot though. 1. The pedo-priest was fairly cheap and quite unnecessary (as others have said); the guy was a good enough villain as it was. 2. What was the deal with the Italian boss' wife being a former school teacher to the Shelby lads? It made zero sense to me that a London-based Italian crimelord would have married a random Birmingham schoolteacher. Maybe I missed something about that, I don't know.

About two, I think that he Changretti's (IIRC their name correctly) are supposed to be Brummies. The Italians from London owe allegiance to Sabini. 

7 hours ago, The Monkey said:

Another great season. Tom Hardy needs to be made a permanent main cast member, if they can afford it. 

I got the impression that they were a Birmingham based Italian gang. It is mentioned that the tall chick who works with the Shelbys was dating his son, and she lives in Birmingham, so it makes sense that he either has his own smallish gang, or he is a member of a larger gang, but runs the chapter or whatever you want to call it in Birmingham.

Don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said.  But I do love me some Peaky Blinders!  I'm happy it's been renewed for two more seasons and can't wait!  And, yes, Veltigar!  Tom Hardy's Alfie Solomons rubbing the Shelby boys' hypocrisy in their faces in those two scenes was absolutely marvelous:D

I'm now 96% certain there is in fact a television show called Peaky Blinders, because if there wasn't and this thread was just a joke conspiracy of posters on here talking about a made-up show for shits & giggles to see how many people they could fool, somebody would have called BS on it by this point in the topic.   Therefore I'm left with the overwhelming likelihood that it is in fact airing for real.   It's a humbling revelation that fills me with rage.  I so wanted this topic to be a gag.  Surely the time is now to return to the 3 main channels that everyone watched during the 60s back when people were happy.  

On 7/6/2016 at 11:36 AM, The Monkey said:

Not likely but I agree. Alfie and Tommys standoff was a highlight of the season for sure, along with pretty much every scene Arthur was in and the last scene in the finale.

• 8 months later...

Filming begins on series 4 of Peaky Blinders; Adrien Brody joins cast

And now it’s back, filming and announcing new, starry members of the cast.

The new member of the cast in question is winner Adrien Brody (The Pianist), has joined the cast of Steven Knight’s series, which is a bit of a coup. Add Brody to a cast already loaded with Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy (and Paddy Considine in series three) and suddenly you have a testosterone-heavy maelstrom of talent.

Filming began this week in Liverpool with Murphy reprising his role as Thomas Shelby, head of the Peaky Blinders. Also returning in series four are Helen McCrory, Paul Anderson, Joe Cole, Sophie Rundle, Finn Cole, Aimee-Ffion Edwards and Kate Phillips.

Tom Hardy returns as Jewish gang leader Alfie Solomons, alongside series regulars Natasha O’Keefe and Packy Lee.

When he receives a mysterious letter on Christmas Eve, Thomas Shelby realises that the Peaky Blinders are in danger of annihilation. As the enemy closes in, Shelby flees his country house and returns to the streets of Small Heath, Birmingham, where a desperate fight for survival begins.

Love/Hate stars Aidan Gillen, Charlie Murphy join Peaky Blinders

With Season 4 of BBC Two period gangster epic Peaky Blinders having begun shooting last week in Liverpool comes news of further casting for the next installment of the Shelby clan’s saga. Game Of ThronesAidan Gillen has joined Steven Knight’s award-winning drama along with Happy Valley and The Last Kingdom actress Charlie Murphy.

From the same article:

In what’s sure to be the subject of much speculation among series fans, Charlotte Riley is also set to return as May Carleton, the champion horse trainer and former lover of Cillian Murphy’s Tommy Shelby. Riley last appeared in Season 2 which cliffhanged in part on who Tommy would choose as a bride.

• 5 months later...

Trailer for season 4 available here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/peaky-blinders-season-4-trailer-tommy-shelby-cillian-murphy-tom-hardy-adrien-brody-aidan-gillan-plot-a7973566.html

It's quickly intercut, but included is a glimpse referencing one of my, at least, favorite characters, that is particularly disturbing,

12 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

That was enough to make me excited about the new season. Do we know the release date yet?

No. But a "coming soon" for the BBC usually means a few weeks at most, so sometime in October is likely

6 hours ago, Zorral said:

Trailer for season 4 available here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/peaky-blinders-season-4-trailer-tommy-shelby-cillian-murphy-tom-hardy-adrien-brody-aidan-gillan-plot-a7973566.html

It's quickly intercut, but included is a glimpse referencing one of my, at least, favorite characters, that is particularly disturbing,

I just posted the trailer two posts above yours?

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

No. But a "coming soon" for the BBC usually means a few weeks at most, so sometime in October is likely

I just posted the trailer two posts above yours?

How weird. Because those posts weren't there when I did the search and found the topic and then posted today.  And now they are.  The subject wasn't even on the list of the first and second pages of this forum, which they should have been since you guys had posted in it.

Archived