"Nemesis" by Shriekback.

Just in general. The lyrics are so... fitting

"Priests and cannibals

Prehistoric animals

Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis

Parthenogenesis

No one move a muscle as the dead come home..."

Men In Black reminds me of the Night's Watch despite the alien theme.

Jo Dee Messina's Burn fits Mel nicely.

And for the showtune geeks like myself, Far From the Home I Love for Arya. "Who could see that a man would come who would change the shape of my dreams?" *cough, Jaqen, cough*

Theory of Ghosts by Piano Magic is really fitting for Theon especially those lines: 

I’ve a theory of ghosts and I’m a monster to girls
I stick in their heart like a rusty spur. 
But I’ve a theory of ghosts: they’re alive and we’re all dead;
that they’re trying to tell us that it’s this way around.

And as much as I am ashamed to say it I Never Told You What I Do For a Living by MCR remind me of Arya way too much:

Spoiler

I’ve a theory of ghosts and I’m a monster to girls
I stick in their heart like a rusty spur. 
But I’ve a theory of ghosts: they’re alive and we’re all dead;
that they’re trying to tell us that it’s this way around.

And last but not least Winter Bird by AURORA is perfect for Sansa (although I was listening to it while rereading most of the last 3-4 Theon chapters from ADWD and now it reminds me of him):

Spoiler

Walking in my sleep
Like the naked trees
Will they wake up again?
Do they sleep, do they dream?
My tears are always frozen
I can see the air I breathe
But my fingers painting pictures
On the glass in front of me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Disturbed - Sounds of Silence

I love this version.  Disturbed makes it sound epic.  It's a song that reminds me of the description of the songs Rhaegar would sing while playing his harp (songs about twilight, tears, death of kings, doom, and love).  Another song that also reminds me of Rhaegar's songs is The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."    

2 hours ago, Harlaw's Book the Sequel said:

I love this version.  Disturbed makes it sound epic.  It's a song that reminds me of the description of the songs Rhaegar would sing while playing his harp (songs about twilight, tears, death of kings, doom, and love).  Another song that also reminds me of Rhaegar's songs is The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."    

Me too.  It also invokes images of Jon Snow and walking alone in the darkness; dreams and visions; being touched by the 'light'.  Bowing down to gods the people made.The silence beyond the Wall when Bran travels to the cave of the Greenseer.  Whispering and echoes.... Signs and portents of the prophets.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

22 Acacia Avenue by Iron Maiden for Jenny Poole :(

Day-uuum :frown5:

...Let's turn this party around...

How about for Lord-too-Aweseome-to-be-Bothered Manderly we have Rosemary Clooney; Come on-a my house!

• 4 weeks later...

To quote myself from another thread;

Iroh’s song about Lu Ten  "Leaves from the Vine" from Avatar; the last airbender

Leaves from the vine
falling so slow,
like fragile, tiny shells
drifting in the foam.

Little soldier boy
come marching home
brave soldier boy
comes marching home

I can see many parents from GRRTH sing it for their sons who have died in the war. Rhaenyra,  Alannys and  Cat, if she had survived are just some of them.

"The Long Song" from Doctor Who series 7 episode 7 The Rings of Akhaten always reminded me of Azor Ahai’s, or any other messianic figure, rebirth. The warrior dies and he wakes up, the boy is dead but the man is born.

Rest now...my warrior.

Rest now, your hardship is over.

Live.

Wake up. Wake up.

And let the cloak of life cling to your bones.

Cling to your bones.

Wake up, wake up.

Live.

Wake up. Wake up.

And let the cloak, of life cling to your bones.

Cling to your bones.

Wake up. Wake up!

Live!

Wake up! Wake up!

And let the cloak of life cling to your bones!

Cling to your bones!

Wake up!

Wake up!

To your bones!

Wake up!

Wake up!

On 4/8/2016 at 4:14 PM, Ser Crow said:

Man in black-Johnny Cash for Jon Snow, more the title than the lyrics though. 

I just saw this thread, and Man in Black is literally the song I think about all the time with Jon and the nights watch in general. 

Several other Cash songs are good; Flesh and Blood, and I Walk the Line come to mind first.

Zeppelins Ramble On was about Lotr, it also makes me think of asoiaf through the association.

Neil Young's The Loner is good for the stranger (death gods), FM, and even the others. Hey Hey, My My sort of works for Jon.

Random, but I like the song from Disneys animated Robin Hood "Oo-De-Lally", reminds me of Dunc and Egg, and somewhat Aryana's hot pie/gendry, and a little less Creighton and Illifer.

War Pigs is also a good one...

20 minutes ago, The Bastards Giant Friend said:

I just saw this thread, and Man in Black is literally the song I think about all the time with Jon and the nights watch in general. 

Several other Cash songs are good; Flesh and Blood, and I Walk the Line come to mind first.

Zeppelins Ramble On was about Lotr, it also makes me think of asoiaf through the association.

Neil Young's The Loner is good for the stranger (death gods), FM, and even the others. Hey Hey, My My sort of works for Jon.

Random, but I like the song from Disneys animated Robin Hood "Oo-De-Lally", reminds me of Dunc and Egg, and somewhat Aryana's hot pie/gendry, and a little less Creighton and Illifer.

War Pigs is also a good one...

Oo-de-Lally is for Tom O'Sevens. 

20 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Oo-de-Lally is for Tom O'Sevens. 

I like it. What about other Disney songs?

Allister Thorne and his trainees singing "I'll Make a Man Out of You"

Dany going all "I can show you the world" on daario or maybe Tyrion?

lol Tommen feeling like he has no authority yet and singing "I just can't wait to be king" (little lion that he is)

Pod and Uncat singing "Tale as Old as Time" while Brienne and Jaime fall in love

Lemore singing "just around the river bend" as they float along

ahhh, nostalgia.

1 minute ago, The Bastards Giant Friend said:

I like it. What about other Disney songs?

Allister Thorne and his trainees singing "I'll Make a Man Out of You"

Dany going all "I can show you the world" on daario or maybe Tyrion?

lol Tommen feeling like he has no authority yet and singing "I just can't wait to be king" (little lion that he is)

Pod and Uncat singing "Tale as Old as Time" while Brienne and Jaime fall in love

Lemore singing "just around the river bend" as they float along

ahhh, nostalgia.

We need a like button. 

Archived