Not a spoiler, is it? Am i the only one totally let down by "Jon is REALLY REALLY Dead"?

Not_A_Quokka

I don't make a moral judgment on the fact that HBO or Kit Harington lied. They killed no one (in real life). I don't remember any law against an actor or producer lying about the content of his work. It is just that by telling lies that anyone can (I mean will) see, they lose any credibility for what they will say later. More sorry than angry. But no one has to believe what they say.

Maisie Williams is different. She is not HBO PR, she is not directly involved in Jon's story. Really, she should have shut up. In addition, what she said was rather disrespectful.

He ceased to be Jon Snow and became Azor Azai. When that happened, the good man who was Lord Commander was destroyed. So what HBO told you was true, from a certain point of view....

46 minutes ago, Darryk said:

He ceased to be Jon Snow and became Azor Azai. When that happened, the good man who was Lord Commander was destroyed. So what HBO told you was true, from a certain point of view....

Unless they cast another actor to play Jon Snow, they (Kit) lied about him not in the show anymore. The new character could or should be different, harder. But still be the shield that guard the realms of men.

11 hours ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

My theory is that there are 2 versions of the script. The scenes with Jon in it were only given to people who actually filmed with him. So maise/emilia/Sophie arent actually lying when they say he's dead and not coming back. The other actors don't even know.

Apparently, Sophie has scenes with him, so Sophie knows that Kit is in the season and that anyone saying Kit is not in this season is lying. But I really am tired of this topic -- not sure why I cannot control myself and just stop responding to this topic.

On 4/14/2016 at 0:45 AM, BalerionTheCat said:

Unless they cast another actor to play Jon Snow, they (Kit) lied about him not in the show anymore. The new character could or should be different, harder. But still be the shield that guard the realms of men.

I agree, I was just quoting Alec Guiness in ROTJ for fun.

If you believe the guy that got to see the premier and then immediately went online to answer people's questions, then here is the answer to this topic if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Big Big Spoiler by the way for the first episode of season 6. Look at your own peril.

Spoiler

The episode ends with Bran and the three eyed raven speaking about Jon and how he is needed, then they touch a root of the weirwood and Jon (surprise surprise) comes back to life.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, UnmaskedLurker said:

So can we all admit now that Kit and the producers lied?

Well, Kit himself did, and apologised, "Sorry. Sorry I lied", so I guess we can. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, Kit himself did, and apologised, "Sorry. Sorry I lied", so I guess we can. 

I would love to see that quote -- do you have a link?

ETA: I have now seen the clip of Kit saying "sorry." He seems a bit sheepish -- but still lame that he felt he needed to lie. But as I have said -- not that big a deal -- I will try to let it drop now.

On 4/11/2016 at 7:14 PM, Cas Stark said:

Is there anyone in the world who thinks that kit harrington is off the show and only playing a corpse?  

I think this is asinine, but it would be interesting for someone to do a poll of normal GOT viewers who don't frequent web sites and fan forums to see what these casual fans think and if they even pay attention to the media stuff between seasons.

Most of my friends seemed to think he was dead for real, and weren't quite convinced when I told them that he'll be resurrected.

It's not lying if you just avoid the truth.

Although I guess Kit Harrington did specifically say "I'm not coming back next season", so yeah, he flat out lied. :lol:

On 4/14/2016 at 5:57 PM, Darryk said:

You sir deserve a slow clap. I don't think anyone else got this reference. 

May the Force be with you. 

This is why they should have never used his death as a cliffhanger. There were many ways to avoid that (regardless of method of resurrection), and it strikes me as a cheap publicity stunt to go for a cliffhanger which requires everyone involved to lie for a year while pretty much everyone (aside from casual watchers, perhaps) kind of knows they're lying. Aside from keeping the hype up between seasons, I can't really see reasons for putting themselves in that position.

Archived