Bloodline (Netflix)

AncalagonTheBlack

The third and final season has been out since Friday

Just watched the opening episode which took me a few goes to get through, I found it an incredibly irritating watch. Hopefully it gets better.

Finished it there.

First episode was highly irritating. It does improve but that momentum stalls and the story takes a complete nosedive in the final 4 or so episodes including a piss poor ending. It makes some really bad and bizarre plot choices, has a few new pointless characters that lead nowhere and most of the established characters behave like total morons most of the time.

If you're on the fence as to whether or not to give it a chance I'd say definitely avoid.

I haven't watched season three, made it about 3-4 episodes into season two, but really, one season was enough. The first season was great imo, best season I have watched of anything since True Detective S1, but it was apparent from the last ten minutes of S1 that S2 would suck. I wish people would be satisfied with telling a great story and not try to milk everything...

Over the weekend I dragged myself through the first ep of season 3.  I won't bother with nine more exercises in excruciating pointlessness.  Even the characters who played by such good actors are unwatchable.  Plus, with that splendid location, what we get is dark and murky, so much so we can hardly see what's going on. What a waste of fine actors, location, time and money.  The first season was entertaining, if rather bonkers. But the second was a drag.  This one is worse.

Archived