Overtaking the books

aFeastForDragons

I once had all the hope in the world that tWoW would be out before Season 6. I started getting worried as Season 5 went on last year that it wasn't going to happen. I have since accepted the show will have a much different relationship to the books than it did the first 4 seasons, and I have also now completely given up caring about when Book 6 comes out regardless of the show, just so long as GRRM completes it along with Book 7 before he or I dies.

I read the books after the first season of the show. I really can't imagine being one of you whom have been with the series for two decades.

I wasn't even excited about the show or books for a lot of months til very recently (as in this week) after the way Season 5 had carried on and George killed our hopes that tWoW was imminent. The new trailer has got me excited about things again.

I read the books around the middle of season 1. Had friends raving about how good it was, but I decided to read first and watch later.

Feel bad for those from the start, though I wouldn't have been allowed to read those books at such a tender age. :P (28 now)

I read the first book in 2010 when a friend told me about the series. I ended up watching the first season of the show after that. Then I binge-read the remaining books before watching season 2. I told myself I wouldn't watch season five through the end until the book series was done as I didn't want to be spoiled.

After GRRM's depressing NYE post I pondered the internal struggle I was facing and elected to get caught up with season five to prepare myself for season six. I knew GRRM was a slow, methodical writer, but I never thought (until last year) that season six would be out before book six.

The show is weak on so many levels, but unfortunately, it's all we have at this point.

Archived