Winds of Winter Betting

TheDoomOfValyria

Obviously we all have fun debating what will and wont happen in The Winds of Winter, as well as debating which theories are true and which ones are not. With the new season coming out, and the potential to be spoiled on many things from the books, me and my buddies wanted to do a master list of theories, story arcs, where characters end up, etc. From this list we would all vote on how things turn out, and make a friendly wager off of who is most often correct.

Thought this would be fun, with the amount of arguments me and my friends have had. Question is, what should I include in the list? I want to get about 50 to 100 or so questions.

Some examples would be,

Who poisoned the locusts? Who is the night of the laughing tree? Jojen paste? Does Arya end up back in Westeros next book? Etc

Wanted to see what you all thought would be some good topics and questions? Thanks

Stannis will take WF and kill the Boltons through trickery, reunite with Davos/Rickon, Stannis gets the North to bend the knee and march South to the RL

This news from WF will ruin LF plans leading to a him to make a move against SR, Sansa will then move against LF and with her and Harry as the Vale rulers and convince the lords to declare for Stannis and her family

Euron will capture Oldtown and Sam

Jon spends most of the book as a warg talking with Bran where he learns R+L=J, that Dragonglass kills Walkers, and that Dany's dragons are the key to stopping them. Until Mel brings him back and he confronts his assassins, he then heads south with the Wildlings, Mel/Shireen/Selyse still under the impression the PL was right

Cersei has Mountainstein kills the HS and the FM before her trial, Hound comes back and kills his brother, a brawl with the Tyrells erupts in KL to free Margery/Loras, Tommen is killed in the fighting, and Cersei plans to burn KL down

Jamie to save his/Brienne's lives will get Walder Frey into LSH hands for her to hang, she still tries to kill them but Thoros takes her and himself out ashamed of what TBWB had become. Jamie hears what his sister has done and spends the night with Brienne before returning to KL where he becomes the Valonqar and strangles Cersei while KL burns around them

Dany uses Drogo to submit the dothraki and heads back to Meeren to find Selmy died and the GJ's saved the day. Dany agrees to go meet Euron and she mercifully finally heads for Westeros

The book ends with FAegon having successfully taken SL and an alliance with Dorne, finding out KL is in ruins and Stannis is marching South with the North/Vale on his side. FAegon decides to go confront Stannis

the epilogue is the WW are within sight of the Wall 

*How's that for a TWOW*

1 minute ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Stannis will take WF and kill the Boltons through trickery, reunite with Davos/Rickon, Stannis gets the North to ebdn the knee and march South to the RL

This news from WF will ruin LF plans leading to a him to make a move against SR, Sansa will then move against LF and with her and Harry as the Vale rulers and convince the lords to declare for Stannis and her family

Jon spends most of the book as a warg talking with Bran where he learns R+L=J, that Dragonglass kills Walkers, and that Dany's dragons are the key to stopping them. Until Mel brings him back and he confronts his assassins, he then heads south with the Wildlings, Mel/Shireen/Selyse still under the impression the PL was right

Cersei has Mountainstein kills the HS and the FM before her trial, Hound comes back and kills his brother, a brawl with the Tyrells urptes in KL to free Margery/Loras, Tommen is killed in the fighting, and Cersei plans to burn KL down

Jamie to save his/Brienne's lives will get Walder Frey into LSH hands for her to hang, she still tries to kill them but Thoros takes her and himself out ashamed of what TBWB had become. Jamie hears what his sister has done and spends the night with Brienne before returning to KL where he becomes the Valonqar and strangles Cersei while KL burns around them

Dany uses Drogo to submit the dothraki and heads back to Meeren to find Selmy died and the GJ's saved the day. Dany agrees to go meet Euron and she mercifully finally heads for Westeros

The book ends with FAegon having successfully taken SL and an alliance with Dorne, finding out KL is in ruins and Stannis is marching South with the North/Vale on his side. FAegon decides to go confront Stannis

*How's that for a TWOW*

Good. Except with Stannis being alive and all in the next book. I think he will die for the North and Jon to come in and take charge.

7 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Good. Except with Stannis being alive and all in the next book. I think he will die for the North and Jon to come in and take charge.

Well he has to make the Shireen call and I don't see her/Mel/Seylse leaving the Wall on their own. *Plus, as someone said in another thread having Stannis die in TWOW after the PL fake out would be kinda weak*

23 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Well he has to make the Shireen call and I don't see her/Mel/Seylse leaving the Wall on their own. *Plus, as someone said in another thread having Stannis die in TWOW after the PL fake out would be kinda weak*

Well i didn't think Stannis will die due to the PL. I just felt that Stannis, to me, doesn't have much of importance in the future after the Boltons defeat. His future plot will be left unachieved like most of the contenders of the Five Kings - except his story is expandable. Stannis is like a savior to the North and he's the pistol for the northerners to reclaim the Starks' rights from the Boltons. It just occurred to me when Stannis choose to defend the NW over his goal for his crown. I doubt we will see Stannis reclaiming his rightful crown and he would foremost have to deal with the northerners' problem. And plus, Jon will be important and he has to return to Winterfell where he will lead the North. Essentially, Stannis has to die for the North, for the restoration of the Starks and Jon to become the leader of the North.

Also, we won't have much development on how Stannis will react to hearing Aegon and him took Storm's End. That's another situation Stannis have to deal with, but i doubt we will have time.

5 hours ago, TheDoomOfValyria said:

Obviously we all have fun debating what will and wont happen in The Winds of Winter, as well as debating which theories are true and which ones are not. With the new season coming out, and the potential to be spoiled on many things from the books, me and my buddies wanted to do a master list of theories, story arcs, where characters end up, etc. From this list we would all vote on how things turn out, and make a friendly wager off of who is most often correct.

I think I've got just the thread for you. I'm trying to assemble a list of all mysteries in the series, which mostly comprises the "known unknowns" of ASoIaF so far (though I did add an appendix for speculative mysteries). It looks like you're also asking for "unknown unknowns", as in, where the plot will go from here, with which I can't help you. But for the explicitly stated mysteries, I think I've got most of them nailed down. Feel free to have a look there.

Who poisoned the locusts? The Shavepate.

Jojen paste? Yes

Sandor is the gravekeeper and he will reapear in the main storyline. Don't know if it is with Sansa's storyline or in the capital, but he will reappear.

Also, we will get a Bran flashback that hints at Benjen's fate.

There will probably be a greyscale epidemic developing

Freys/Lannisters lose the riverlands with brotherhood without banners making their move, though not necessarily winning against all opposition. Maybe Littlefinger interferes as well.

Also bonus prediction/bet, The Winds of Winter will release in 2017.

18 hours ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

I think I've got just the thread for you. I'm trying to assemble a list of all mysteries in the series, which mostly comprises the "known unknowns" of ASoIaF so far (though I did add an appendix for speculative mysteries). It looks like you're also asking for "unknown unknowns", as in, where the plot will go from here, with which I can't help you. But for the explicitly stated mysteries, I think I've got most of them nailed down. Feel free to have a look there.

Awesome! That's a great source to choose our questions! Thanks

On 12 April 2016 at 6:12 AM, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Stannis will take WF and kill the Boltons through trickery, reunite with Davos/Rickon, Stannis gets the North to bend the knee and march South to the RL

Cersei has Mountainstein kills the HS and the FM before her trial, Hound comes back and kills his brother, a brawl with the Tyrells erupts in KL to free Margery/Loras, Tommen is killed in the fighting, and Cersei plans to burn KL down

*How's that for a TWOW

Sounds good!!! I hope something actually happens at the wall. It coming down would be a crazy way to end the book. 

Daenrys and Drogon will be the Stallion who mounts the world?

Theon will die, as will Ramsey and Roose and Stannis?

Jaime will fall for Brienne after Cersei's death?

The Wall will come down when Samwell blows the horn?

The battle of MEreen is won when Dany brings a khalasar to kick butt?

The High Sparrow loses power?

The High Sparrow is Howland Reed?

The Winds of Winter is the last book as GRRM finishes?

Lady Stoneheart dies?

Dany finally crosses the narrow sea?

Tyrion dies of greyscale?

Dany gets married, again?

All three dragons kick some butt?

R+L=J?

Arya fails to become a full FM?

Arya kills a bunch of people?

Nymeria's pack helps the Starks?

Bran sees visions and become 3 eyed crow?

How any more do you need?

• 3 weeks later...

house of pahl poisoned the locusts and it was meant for strong belwas

lyanna is the knight 

arya will return next book

yes to jojen paste

there is no magic in the world of ice and fire

everything can be explained using SCI FI

tyrion is chimera

only female with special chromosoms (XX) can hatch dragon eggs

male with 1 special X chromosom can ride dragons

there are NO GODS in the WOIAF and no god will ever be revealed

beings like COTF, WHITE WALKERS and Telepaths like 3 eyed crow use 

their powers (not magic but genetic power) to make ppl believe in magic and gods.

ice dragons exists

white walkers are HUMAN green seers who didnt want to be part of weirwood net

wights are human wargs 

danny is a villian

The Dragons waking from stone will be female since all three of Danys are male,bringing balance and possibly reestablishing a population.Stannis will die,thats almost certain.Hopefully all the Freys and Boltons will die horrible deaths.Littlefingers betrayal of Ned will be revealed and hopefully he will die a slow agonizing death,too.Maybe GRRM will use the middle ages throw them naked into a tub full of wasps and scorpions.Ok,I do despise the backstabbing lowlife,but that would be cool to use a historically accurate means of execution.The Lannisters will survive till the last book,except Tommen and Myrcella.And Quentin is dead-unless a red Priest is handy.

The best question I've thought of for this is: Who's going to kill Hizdahr?

It's obvious he's going to die, and there are several (but limited) candidates. Victarion, Daario, and Jorah would all like Dany to be single. Tyrion and Belwas want revenge for the lions and locusts. The Shavepate has political reasons, and Barristan would preside over any trial that might execute him. Then there's the chance that he's still alive when Dany returns, in which case she might kill him with Drogon.

1. Stannis defeat the Boltons, but gets killed shorty after that (either by agents of LF or Varys).

2. Jon wargs in Ghost, and communicates with Bran to realize that he's a Targ, and that Dragons might be the key to the war. He gets resurrected by Mel around half of the book, and then goes in a mission to unify the Westeros.

3. Cleganebowl, with Hound surviving. A confrontation between Tyrells and Lannisters, only to be temporary stopped when Aegon gets Dorne and the Stormlands. Tarly goes to fight him, but Aegon wins. Tyrell, Tarly and JonCon die during the fight.

4. LF makes his move and gets the Riverlands. He prepares to fight Jon Snow.

5. Cersei burns KL when Aegon forces come near it.

6. Daeneris gets saved by Drogon the Dragon, unifies all the khalasars and start her journey to Westeros. She fights with Aegon and Drogon burns Aegon. We will never know if Aegon was really Aegon, or a fake one (Blackfyre).

7. The epilogue of the book is the Others invasion. They destroy the wall and start their invasion on the North, with only Jon Snow standing on their way.

8. Euron does something. Victarion dies.

9. Sam does something completely uninteresting.

10. Arya kills a few people.

Archived