Stannis is being stupid and Dany is being silly

Nitisha

What the hell does Stannis Baratheon mean to do...He is the  lawful heir to the Iron Throne and kills his brother Renly...

then at the same time he grieves for his death. Is it some of Melisandre's plot(I don't trust that woman truly)??

And Dany......why is she acting so stupid? Does she really think that people in Quarth would ever heed to the happenings of Westeros(I must say she dreams a lot)

Dany is a very young girl with zero experience. The only chance she has is to beg for people's mercy to help her.

About Stannis, Renly rebelled against him. He didn't have any problem with a situation in which he was supposed to kill Stannis (in battle, he could have). Stannis had no choice than fight back. The only thing Melisandre changed was that their armies didn't fight.

It's explained that Melisandre foresaw two futures, one in which Renly died at Storm's End and another where Renly smashed Stannis at King's Landing. This, along with Stannis being furious at Renly for trying to steal his crown, prompted him to go to Storm's End and give Renly the "bend the knee or be destroyed" ultimatum. Renly didn't surrender and Melisandre sent the shadowbaby to kill him. After the deed was done (and after Stannis had those nightmares about it) his fury gave way to regret that things had turned out the way they had.

Melisandre's intentions are fairly mysterious at this stage, but remember you've only seen her through the eyes of people who hate her and think the worst of her influence. Best way I've seen it described is seeing Gandalf from the perspective of Denethor.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived