[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

Am I mis-remembering.  But I thought Hodor was never able to talk? 

The rest It's gotten so bad I don't really care anymore.  I'm just taking the pee out of friends with Willas memes until they get to see it. 

10 minutes ago, Bosfan said:

Why is Cersei barred the way by Lannister solders!? Isn't she ,like, the head of their house.

Poor Goldcloaks have gone to the same place as BWB.

Those weren't gold cloaks, they were Lannister guardsmen. LOL

And what was that effing retconning with Tommen and Cersei, and him asking her to help him become a stronger king, and blaming himself for being unable to get to see his queen or rescue his mother.

Hell, it was Cersei who put HS in power and armed him. She gloated when she had Tommen try to get to see the HS with just his KG and no army to back it up, and went all "It's the faith, I can't do anything."

She played the weakling and it bit her in the ass, but now Tommen is the weakling and having to apologize to her and ask her how to be strong?

Here's strong: you're a king Tommen. You write a law that disarms the Faith again, and you bar them from being the court in your empire. You don't need your mother for that. Get the Tyrell army and Lannister army as King of Westeros to release your queen and mother - they would very much like to, and demand their release. That's it. Case closed. Your people love Tyrells, because they saved the city from Stannis less than a year ago, and Margaery visited orphans and gave bread.

And thinking back of the generous-popular-Tyrell stuff in the previous seasons it becomes glaringly obvious that the whole S5 plot of Margaery was a retcon too. Sassy Margaery apparently dropped all generosity, and Cersei does the "oh let's make this charity guy" the HS. They never explained that switch in-show, which is ridiculous in how smart they originally portray Margaery and Olenna to be.

Alrighty then.

I didn't know I would say this about the way Jon was resurrected (because I thought I'd either be in stitches from laughing or very, very angry) but I was bored. Yep. Bored. And really why is everyone at the Wall so wild about resurrecting a dead body? Remember the wights? They exist.

Also the number of lords murdered by family members has come to a grand total of 3. 4 if we count Faullaria as being a sort-of family to Bashir.

Tyrion is again doing a better job of handling stuff than Dany, this time in the role of dragon-mother.

And Theon just randomly decided to go home...

What is with the false delay of Brienne not mentioning the Hound?

Are we supposed to believe that no one has received the twitter update of events at the Wall? I thought Thorne didn't burn all the ravens. Wut?

Arya was boring.

Carol and Larry continue to be weird.

Tyrion drank and said 'cock' again.

The only mildly interesting thing that happened was Bran's vision.

So, not sure if it was mentioned, but basically in order to dispel a few flurries you need to sacrifice a child in front of her parents. But to raise a being from the dead, all you need to do is give him a shave and a hair cut?

Also, when D&D read about Deus Ex Machina for the first time, they must have been like teenage boys finding Playboy magazines. That is their go-to save-the-day situation in about every episode whether it is dragons, the Brute, Wun-Wun, etc.

So, I've read some reviews, and I'm finding it weird...since while the plot and character actions are still illogical...it's so far much better than season 5, but seems to be getting more criticism?  Did the critics all binge watch last season and were reminded what a mashup it was, or what?

I love Ramsay Blofeld Goldfinger ninja.  I hope he also has magic powers and rides a dragon.  For what possible reason would the Karstarks side with Ramsay, a bastard, instead of Roose, and applaud his kinslaying except creatively they wanted it to happen?

I wonder if we'll get anything like the real Manderly since they name dropped  him or if they'll turn him into a Stark traitor also?

I don't know what's much better? Sure, it manages to not be incredibly awful at times, a couple of pretty scenes to look at (if you mute the sound), but other than that? Incredibly underwhelming, start to finish. Which is saying an awful lot considering we had a newborn eaten alive by dogs, and I felt nothing. There's no tension, none whatsoever. Even Jon's resurrection, that should have been  at least an interesting scene, was dull and boring; really boring. 

I'm repeating myself, but the show is a poorly assembled collection of sometimes pretty scenes, interspersed with unexpected twists and out of nowhere shocks. The problem with this episode is that, as a show that relies so heavily on unexpected twists and shocks, it committed the cardinal sins of being predictableextremely underwhelming, and boring

And that's ignoring the timeline issues which really annoy me and the complete lack of logic.  And I only saw good reviews?

So finally saw the episode, and i believe now i can predict this whole season if DnD's "forshadowing" is anything to go by. Poor, poor Roose who lost any semblance of a brain in season 5 and now Wamsay have put him out of his misery. Why didn't Walda try to shout for help, or are all Bolton lackeys cool with Ramsey-sue taking over as the lead Bolton? They want a sadistic devil who not long ago was a bastard instead of a trueborn Bolton in charge? Even Karstark is okey with Ramsey just causally kin slaying his father? Seems killing your family members is just a thing they do in bizarro Westeros, a wonder Robert managed to hold the realm together as long as he did without all bastards just going on a rampage to take control. 

Also cool to know the Umber's are the worst a long with the Manderlys, North Remembers... yeah they do. :ack: 

Seems like Davos too forgot season 5 happened, but its strange he doesn't question why Stannis seems to have been lost with Shireen somewhere. Oh well Melisandre surely just hides them in her room, after all they never left and the Boltons never lost a thousand men outside Winterfell last year. Nope, nothing happened last season. Jon is obviously the only one who died, and he is of course Davos spirit animal so he needs senpai back right? Jon Snow was like THE person Davos loved after the two-three scenes he shared with him. How could he not want Jon back, they did so much. Luckily Davos and the others wish came true out of the blue, and the laziest form of the resurrection they could have given us have brought back our Action-Hero to take on the devil himself a few episodes in the future. Hurrah! such complex storytelling. 

Feels like Frankenstein over in KL causally walking around killing anyone talking smack about tiger mom can be taken as how DnD runs the show. Aimlessly walking around killing, only Frank has a glimmer of a motivation and a GPS tracker to hunt down any one who as much as whisper bad things about the Queen. A tall lumbering beast without a thought in its head walking around killing what he can, and needs to be put out of its misery. Just like Larry who is about as intelligent as Frank. Don't have much else to say about KL i mostly snored through those scenes, they did not do anything to engage me at all. 

Arya got beat some more and now she have finished this phase of the training/punishment/Daredevil/whatevertheythoughtwouldwork. 

Tyrion proves himself better in every way in comparison to Dany and the missing Quentyn. His oh so funny dialogue obviously makes him the best of the best, and the dragons felt so bad for him. They also knew he was a friend, after all he said he knew their mother. Hopefully a miracle will happen and the dialogue will improve, since i don't know how many more eunuch jokes about their dicks i can take. 

Rest of the episode ranged from tolerable to actually enjoyable, Balon got to fly and while Euron-Two-Eye well got two eyes i enjoyed the scene, at least from what i saw which wasn't much. By the Seven those Pyke scenes were dark, i barely saw anything when they stood on the bridge, but maybe i just need to set my brightness to full. As for the Bran scenes, i liked them even if Bloodraven somehow got a hair clip since last time a long with Bran. I fear for next episode though, with the Tower of Joy scene coming up.

So a better episode than last, but hey we didn't see the Snakes, Daariobrothers or Deadpan's wacky adventures with the Brothrakis so maybe that is why. :dunno: 

1 hour ago, ArabellaVidal said:

What is with the false delay of Brienne not mentioning the Hound?

Are they building to the big moment when he returns? Seems like the big moment would be a lot more big if they actually, you know, built up to it.

What excuse are they going to give Carol for burning down KL? Grief after Tommen is killed on Larry's watch (Kid #3!)?

She's just a loving mom! All she cares about is her kids! Why doesn't everyone stop being mean to Carol!!!

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if these things have already been mentioned but...

-How is it that the very idea of resurrecting Jon Snow has to come from Davos, of all people, and not, you know, the person who actually knows a little something about magic, etc.~ Melisandre?

-How is it that the Karstarks now hate the Starks because Rob executed father Karstark but they're totally cool with Ramsay murdering his father?!  I guess it's fine if you're killing your own but not if someone else does it!  HA!

-How is it that the giant chains that can hold full-grown dragons (Oh my, how they've grown in captivity!:rolleyes:) can simply be opened with one simple pull of the pin by Tyrion?  That pin should have fallen out long ago if it was only in like that!  Hey, whatever the plot calls for, amirite?!

-And I really loved Brienne's strategically leaving out the fact that she, for all she knows, killed Sandor and tried to forcibly take Arya from him.  And the only reason she doesn't have Arya now is because she ran away from her!  Oh yeah, the plot calls for Brienne knowing that Sandor lived and that Arya left with him (after Brienne basically threw him off a cliff!)  Retcon, FTW!:rolleyes:

So, yeah, basically a whole lotta :rolleyes:.   And I'm sure there's much more that I'm not remembering right now...  

I just want to thank everyone for watching the show and recapping. Your insights and rants are very much appreciated.

Rant about D&D's statements about Ramsey- How does Ramsey killing his father and perfectly nice-seeming stepmother make him more sympathetic? Does he just get that one moment from the last episode where he's sad about his girlfriend dying? Let me break out the tiniest violin. Why would this character be sympathetic in the first place? Why would anyone WANT him to be? 

Poor Balon won the War of Five Kings just to be offed? I'm surprised the writers remembered he even existed. 

Based on everyone's statements here, I'm going to say that the most aggravating thing about episode 602 is Davos apparently not caring at all about the fates of his king and his princess. WOW. Does he even know that they're dead? Way to degrade his character, who in the books is an exemplar of loyalty. I find that shocking, not the kinslaying, resurrections, and baby-murder.

6 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

-And I really loved Brienne's strategically leaving out the fact that she, for all she knows, killed Sandor and tried to forcibly take Arya from him.  And the only reason she doesn't have Arya now is because she ran away from her!  Oh yeah, the plot calls for Brienne knowing that Sandor lived and that Arya left with him (after Brienne basically threw him off a cliff!)  Retcon, FTW!:rolleyes:

Is she going to go looking for them at some point? Something has to part her from her beloved Boss Ass Bitch at some point.

Archived