[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

1 minute ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Too be far it was only Karstark who watched it and as D&D did say in inside the episode he wouldn't care. It's not like Dorne were their were actual guards who did nothing

lol did anyone ever see the Futurama where they were on the planet with the water people? And it was like expected for the king to get assassinated fairly often and no one ever tried to stop it? It was almost comical..........

7 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Too be far it was only Karstark who watched it and as D&D did say in inside the episode he wouldn't care. It's not like Dorne were their were actual guards who did nothing

But why would the Karstark guy want to side with Ramsay over Roose? Roose is the one who wants to make alliances, Ramsay is just a psychopath who stabs and cuts people.

3 minutes ago, Stag_legion said:

But why would the Karstark guy want to side with Ramsay over Roose? Roose is the one who wants to make alliances, Ramsay is just a psychopath who stabs and cuts people.

We also have to consider that while the Riverlands (now under House Frey) might try to remain neutral in a Bolton-Lannister conflict, Ramsay basically pushed them to the Lannisters side right now.

2 minutes ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

We also have to consider that while the Riverlands (now under House Frey) might try to remain neutral in a Bolton-Lannister conflict, Ramsay basically pushed them to the Lannisters side right now.

I'm quite sure fat Walda will never be brought up again. Much like Shireen.

4 minutes ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

Exactly

3 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I'm quite sure fat Walda will never be brought up again. Much like Shireen.

Geopolitics and noble ladies been murdered doesn't seen to be a priority nor having lasting effects other than the shock of their deaths.

The scenes are hard to watch. Such horrid directing, acting, and writing.

Anyhow, a vital lesson about Northern ways: kill their King, sons, brothers, fathers, and husbands, you win a kingdom and a castle. Kill the obscured Lord Commander of the disgraced Night's Watch and the Northmen will tear that kingdom and castle asunder.

4 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I'm not sure if the Hodor thing won't be a purely show invention. For one thing in the books Hodor is only in the teens himself. In the show the actor is too old to be of the same age as Robb and Jon, so they made him of Ned and Brandon's age. 

I dont remember Hodor's age, where did you see it? 

Lots to rant about, but as a Greyjoy fan, I'll focus on them.

Theon: a lot has been said about his sudden escape from shellshock. But going so far as to being capable of riding with one single horse from the outskirts of Winterhell to whatever port of his choice (any of which must have good reason to not want anything to do with an ironborn) and then sail to Pyke? With what coin? What, are you going to be a stealing eunuch, like Varys?

Balon was mad and his war doomed, true enough, but callous enough to be unconcerned about fighting to the last ironborn? When he died in the books, the WOT5K was still raging and he was in a position good enough not to push him to surrender yet. But here? He already bent the knee once, you know.

Lesbyara: not too bad, though as someone noticed upthread, what do D&D think they're doing with the pinecone remark? Throwing us a bone? Also, sister, we know you're not throwing shit to the sharks. The culprit has just been introduced, which brings us to...

Euron: sure dude, your brother looks old. Did Quellon have a lifespan around Walder Frey's order, so Balon was born to his first wife and you to his seventh? And sure, Euron is a bit over the top in the books, but having him say ALL his badass lines in just his first scene alone (to Balon alone out in the storm, no less, instead of in a political rally of sorts, where it kind of makes sense), is a good way for the show-only viewers not to get hyped, but to smell another "Dornish cheesefest" coming. Oh, and despite all the exposition dialogue, they forgot to even name him.

Aeron: again, not named, but again, not exactly bad. It remains to be seen whether he's going to be given, you know, a personality. Or even a dialogue with Euron; you never know with GoT.

And last but not least, I'm not going to forgive my favorite Greyjoy's omission. Sure, since not!Asha can't have her storyline with Stannis anymore, let's use her for a plot specifically designed to be fulfilled by a man. Can't go wrong there, no, we'll make her be into girls! Among other things.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, though of course that will be brought up by much more fellahs here, that Euron vs Balon and Ramsay vs Roose makes TWO fucking kinslayings in one fucking episode, to add to the Dornish ones. What is realism good for, when you want to SHOCK?

When in the hell would it be even remotely believable that ROOSE BOLTON would hug ANYONE,  let alone his bastard son? Roose goes out like a chump? Out of all the other bull I endured this episode, I had to witness one of the most badass and intelligent characters be completely ruined! AAARRRGGHHHH

9 minutes ago, Ninerings said:

When in the hell would it be even remotely believable that ROOSE BOLTON would hug ANYONE,  let alone his bastard son? Roose goes out like a chump? Out of all the other bull I endured this episode, I had to witness one of the most badass and intelligent characters be completely ruined! AAARRRGGHHHH

Hard to think which character was ruined more in this episode between Roose and Davos "I'm not a religious man not do I even mention my beloved king and princess" Seaworth.

The only reason Bastardbowl excites me in the least is because it's riding off of the coattails—however faintly—of the Northern arc in A Dance with Dragons—perhaps my favorite arc in the series (by that, I refer to the Jon, Asha, Davos, and Reek/Theon chapters). George R. R. Martin has built suspense so masterfully that even the palest of shadows of the Boltons vs. a coalition of Wildings and Stark loyalists led by Jon excites me. It will be horribly written, but entertaining in its own droll way.

Just watched ep. 2 on demand and let it play out and inside the episode started first quote to come out of DB's mouth.... "when we started the show we didn't want to include flashbacks because it seems like the hallmark of lazy writing" :lmao:

Archived