Theory: Robert Baratheon is alive

TerrorVoid

Okay, from reread of the books, comparison of facts and a search for reasonable explanations this theory was born.

Robert is alive and well continuing his Game of Thrones.
Since he was simple man with simple motivation and wishes, we would easily track his way.

First of all: we have never seen his corpse. Moreover, we have not even seen his funeral. But that is not that matters. What matters, is the fact that noone have seen his funeral. That's right. Let's remember what people said about Robert's death. One would think that anyone who have seen his wound would know the way he died. Yet, all of the Seven Kingdoms are full with gossips - and rare ones are even looking plausible.

But let us continue. There was no death. We know, that when king dies, the bells are rung. Yet, this time, the bells rang to trick and provoke Ned. This means: Robert did not die. But if Robert did not die, it would mean only one thing: he is alive.

One could possibly say, that he was mortally wounded. But this is mistake. As we will learn later, Robert is exceptionally good in surviving things, that would be lethal to other people. 

But, if Robert is alive, where would he go? In this question, the answer will be given to us by the most possibly trusted source. The most noble and honorable knight of the Kingsguard - Barristan Selmy. As we all remember, Barristan has left Kings Landing, promising to serve the king by right. Many fans accepted that this king was Dany. Yet, it goes without explanation, that the king by right is Stannis. Ser Barristan, person, who despised Kingslayer for betraying his oaths so hard, would never turn his back to his oaths to Baratheons, by running to Targariens. But, if not Stannis, who does he serve? The answer is clear: Barristan serves Robert.

I think, many people have already guessed, whose mask Robert is wearing. Yet, I will give you another clue, that will clear away any doubts that have left. Let's remember how Robert fights his battles. In battle of Bells, he was wounded, yet, he arose and crushed his enemy. In battle of Trident Robert was wounded, yet he still got Rhaegar. Even in his fight with boar he allowed boar to wound him before killing it.

Yes, Strong Belwas if Robert Baratheon. They share the same constitution. They are both capable fighters, who allow their opponent to wound them, before beating them. Both are served by Barristan Selmy (one would imagine, why would Barristan squire some pit fighter). Even in pit of Daznak Belwas mentions how one should be fighting boars. Belwas lives the life of Robert's dreams, fighting and feasting in Essos. 

One could argue, that Robert was a well knowng whoremonger, while Belwas is eunuch. It has given many doubts to me. The answer was found in TV show. The bard, whose tongue was cut off by Joffrey, revealed this secret to us: "The lion ripped his balls apart, and boar did all the rest". Thus Robert is actually a eunuch.

Finally, Robert as Belwas finally gives meaning to mereenise locusts. As Viserys said, the usurper's dogs will always hunt down the rightfull king. And he was right. The usurpers dogs (and there was no less than four userpers) have finally got him. Yet, his inhuman endurance, that saved his from wound by boar, allowed him to survive this poison.

All right I'm having a good day, I'll bite. 

Even in todays world of easily available info, look how many people believe nonsensical things.  Hell a rich rapper called B.O.B., who I checked, has in fact flown around the world on a world tour, believes the world he flew around is flat.

The fact that peasants from random village #7 don't know the details of Roberts death is not evidence of anything, if they did know the true story that would raise the question on how they found out.

Doesn't Sansa or Arya comment about the funeral?

I think the big thing you forgot is that Dany is actually a Hidden Stark posing as a Targaryen (Benjen + Lyanna). And that Rob figured this out and went to Meeren to recruit Dany as his future Hand. Because he was so happy with the results Ned gave him in the position.

30 minutes ago, The Dame That Groans said:

I think the big thing you forgot is that Dany is actually a Hidden Stark posing as a Targaryen (Benjen + Lyanna). And that Rob figured this out and went to Meeren to recruit Dany as his future Hand. Because he was so happy with the results Ned gave him in the position.

Well, actually, it was three part theory with first being RObert-Belwas, second Ned=Euron=Daario and third with Robb as Missandei.

But, TBH I've written myself off. While RObert theory was awesome, Ned's became pretty inconsistent and I didn't even started Robb's one.

Hah! Good one.

I've come past the phase of believing/not believing theories. I just like to read well made tinfoils. Hat off to you, sir.

The one thing I could argue is that Bob was a Baratheon. They have an almost unavoidable feat: those deep blue eyes. Most POV, if not every, has pointed out their eyes, wether it be the bastards Mya, Gendry or Edric. There's no mention about Belwas's eyes by neither Dany nor Selmy. And there's no mention of Robelwas by the latter neither.

Archived