[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

18 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Totally agree.

Yes, I read it.....Geppetto's not-so-good.....wow

so do you think Bran's route will follow what the essay says beyond S5?

There were factual errors in that article - I believe it was fan written, yes?  Taking the elements of a hero's journey is one avenue of writing analytical scholarship.  You can take the same premises and apply them to Arya/Sansa/Jon/Daenerys/Theon.

I wrote an essay applying characteristics of a tragedy, in the Elizabethan and Aristotle sense, and applied them to the characters from Martin's novels.  It is a way to attempt to organize Martin's character development - one of many, many, many ways to break down and analyze literature.

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Eh, I guess. I am sure it will do fine. But millions also means it is easier to do this stuff on your own with no real training or professional equipment and you just like to rant.

I compare it to self publishing through vanity presses or amazon. Literally anyone can have a book "published" any day of the week because technology allows it. However, most, a huge amount, of those self published books are crap. Except for these :wub:

Like in any market people will look for what they like. The better sound quality and practiced ones will standout which this one will be. the watch the thrones podcast was an off shoot of the ESPN grantland podcasts. 

Just now, 239JMFL34109 said:

Like in any market people will look for what they like. The better sound quality and practiced ones will standout which this one will be. the watch the thrones podcast was an off shoot of the ESPN grantland podcasts. 

You are correct. People will already be on that channel and the quality will be higher. Chances are it will take viewers/listeners away from some of the other, smaller guys and move them over to the HBO giant. I know I can't wait for VEEP and Silicon Valley, so already my channel will be there.

I get that people like to talk GoT. The books have been going strong for 20ish years. However, I cannot stand some of the book shows and podcasts because of quality and content.

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Eh, I guess. I am sure it will do fine. But millions also means it is easier to do this stuff on your own with no real training or professional equipment and you just like to rant.

I compare it to self publishing through vanity presses or amazon. Literally anyone can have a book "published" any day of the week because technology allows it. However, most, a huge amount, of those self published books are crap. Except for these :wub:

:rofl:

THANKS!  i AM GETTING THAT TITLE FOR A MOTHER'S DAY PRESENT FOR MY DEAR MUM WHO LOVES HISTORICAL ROMANCE NOVELS!

Did you like it?  Mum is not into erotica or S&M- she likes the romance - and the Jurassic Period fits the bill, as long as the hot male on the cover is gentle and sensitive.

3 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

:rofl:

THANKS!  i AM GETTING THAT TITLE FOR A MOTHER'S DAY PRESENT FOR MY DEAR MUM WHO LOVES HISTORICAL ROMANCE NOVELS!

Did you like it?  Mum is not into erotica or S&M- she likes the romance - and the Jurassic Period fits the bill, as long as the hot male on the cover is gentle and sensitive.

http://www.amazon.com/Velociraptors-Nest-Dinosaur-Erotica-ebook/dp/B00FJOK42Q/ref=pd_sim_351_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51yC0XhsEcL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_UX300_PJku-sticker-v3%2CTopRight%2C0%2C-44_OU01_AC_UL320_SR228%2C320_&refRID=0R3YG82WJG05YAQSY22W

Try this one. The raptor is much easier on the women in this one :leer::lol:

12 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

There were factual errors in that article - I believe it was fan written, yes?  Taking the elements of a hero's journey is one avenue of writing analytical scholarship.  You can take the same premises and apply them to Arya/Sansa/Jon/Daenerys/Theon.

I wrote an essay applying characteristics of a tragedy, in the Elizabethan and Aristotle sense, and applied them to the characters from Martin's novels.  It is a way to attempt to organize Martin's character development - one of many, many, many ways to break down and analyze literature.

I would like to read that

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

OMG - I could bust a gut with you, lady! :cheers: Let's collaborate on a novel wherein Drogon seduces Sansa Stark - I saw a thread about who a perfect mate or husband would be for the Lady of Winterfell.  If TRex and raptors are good bed fellows, why not a dragon?  A real crotch rocket when she mounts him bareback - WOMEN ON TOP INDEED!:spank:

1 minute ago, evita mgfs said:

OMG - I could bust a gut with you, lady! :cheers: Let's collaborate on a novel wherein Drogon seduces Sansa Stark - I saw a thread about who a perfect mate or husband would be for the Lady of Winterfell.  If TRex and raptors are good bed fellows, why not a dragon?  A real crotch rocket when she mounts him bareback - WOMEN ON TOP INDEED!:spank:

I just spit my wine everywhere when I got to this :spank: Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

Thanks!!!:bowdown:

It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!

"He's still got that teenage sense of just going, 'Look, I don't care about [the Others.] I've got this amazing power and I want to experience it all and enjoy it

"It's actually a very dangerous and powerful set of skills which he's going to have to use at some point," Hempstead-Wright says. "But I think Bran's still training up to a level where he's responsible and mature enough to understand that and treat it with the gravity it requires."

n order to focus on his destiny, Bran has disconnected himself from his emotional attachments to the rest of the world - including, to a degree, his family and friends.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

n order to focus on his destiny, Bran has disconnected himself from his emotional attachments to the rest of the world - including, to a degree, his family and friends.

I think this is very sad :crying:

11 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Thanks!!!:bowdown:

It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!

"He's still got that teenage sense of just going, 'Look, I don't care about [the Others.] I've got this amazing power and I want to experience it all and enjoy it

"It's actually a very dangerous and powerful set of skills which he's going to have to use at some point," Hempstead-Wright says. "But I think Bran's still training up to a level where he's responsible and mature enough to understand that and treat it with the gravity it requires."

Yes, it's amazing. But I'm worried with people's reaction to this. So Jojen sacrificed his life and Meera is alone away from her family just so Bran can have fun? That is terrible.

4 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

Yes, it's amazing. But I'm worried with people's reaction to this. So Jojen sacrificed his life and Meera is alone away from her family just so Bran can have fun? That is terrible.

If Bran has fun, it will be like in the books: because he is frustrated of his situation and now he has a new power: like a new toy.

But I'm confident that he's mature so he'll learn about it.

Anyway, Meera is going to suffer.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If Bran has fun, it will be like in the books: because he is frustrated of his situation and now he has a new power: like a new toy.

But I'm confident that he's mature so he'll learn about it.

Anyway, Meera is going to suffer.

Yes, but in the books he is just a kid.

I love Bran, but I'm also rooting for Meera kick his ass. She does not deserve it.

1 minute ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

Yes, but in the books he is just a kid.

I love Bran, but I'm also rooting for Meera kick his ass. She does not deserve it.

Me too. She'll suffer. And I really hope it's Meera who makes him understand whatever he may do wrong

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Me too. She'll suffer. And I really hope it's Meera who makes him understand whatever he may do wrong

Yes, she and the Three-eyed raven are the only people who can do it. I hope they succeed and soon.

I want Meera to tell some truths in his face. I haven't accept the fact that he did not seem to mind Jojen's death in S4. :angry: 

29 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

Yes, she and the Three-eyed raven are the only people who can do it. I hope they succeed and soon.

I want Meera to tell some truths in his face. I haven't accept the fact that he did not seem to mind Jojen's death in S4. :angry: 

Yes, I didn't like it either.

I suppose they were rushing to the ending scene, meeting the 3EC and they were all in "shock"

But this point will be adressed at the beginning o the season.

Meera will, I'm completely sure. Both in the books and in the show.

12 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, I didn't like it either.

I suppose they were rushing to the ending scene, meeting the 3EC and they were all in "shock"

But this point will be adressed at the beginning o the season.

Meera will, I'm completely sure. Both in the books and in the show.

Jojen's death was horribly filmed. I feel that it was not their intention to ignore Jojen's death, but I didn't like it.

Yes, at least by Meera. Ellie said Meera will be very angry with what happened.

Archived