[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

I found this:

Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 1: The Red Woman

“Jon Snow is dead. Daenerys meets a strong man. Cersei sees her daughter again.”

air date: April 24

From 

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/game-of-thrones/246589/game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer-premiere-date-clips-and-more

I thought it would give us a bit of an idea of what to expect in Episode 1.  None of the other episode titles or descriptions have been posted yet, but at least we have an idea of what episode 1 will focus on.  However, the information is vague:  is Jon Snow dead?  Maybe at the beginning of the episode he will be.  Or maybe he will be dead until the last episode.

Daenerys meets a strong man - come on!  What does that mean?

Cersei sees her DEAD daughter again - right?  

All of these hints are empty, baseless, they tell us nothing, really.  I wish Bran was somewhere in the wee bit of summary they provide for viewers.  But maybe Bran will be the big surprise.

Speaking of surprises - did anyone see how big Drogon is?  He looks like an airplane flying over the terrified Dothraki horde.Drogon even seems to have a metallic look to his scales.  Khaleesi's dragon has grown to a size that rivals Balerion the Dread, yes?

TV.com's episode guide has Daenerys meets a strong man in the Season 6 premiere, while Cersei sees Myrcella once more. as a description.

I guess they didn't even bother with the Jon Snow bit. :P

Looking forward to Bran's scenes! About time he's back. *please let them do Bloodraven justice. He's so awesome.*

Yes, a thread to promote the awesomeness of Bran Stark!!!! Always ready to join for this :D

I think we will probably in the first episode have the aftermath of the "For the Watch"? 

I am not really sure what the spoiler allowance of the season 6 in this thread is? But in this clip we can see what is happening at the Wall probably not long after Jon's death(?): 

Spoiler

Cruel as I am I only think: Go Ghost!

(I never like to police anyone and I think some people know I also like to rant about the show, but it might be smart to keep this thread on topic? And discuss on what is happening regarding Bran, his powers, ... in the show and put the (very valid IMO :D) criticisms regarding BR's two eyes, absence of Bran, absence of direwolves, .... in the R&R thread and other threads where the quality or lack of quality of the show is discussed. I can understand some people are disappointed about some things in the show (like thousand-eyes-and-two) but I would love to have this as place wherein people who love and not love the show can discuss Bran?)

Yes, so le'ts stay on topic, as you say, @Tijgy.I personally like minor  spoilers but not Big ones, so we could probably discuss what's being released, and relate it to the Re-Read thread.

First of all: the first picture released time ago: Bran riding what it seems to be a horse. Is he in the cave or outside?

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/excuse-me-game-of-thrones-why-is-bran-stark-riding-a-horse-in-season-6

Bran and the WW. It must be a vision, isn't it?

http://www.allthatsepic.com/television/game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer-breakdown/

Bran meets MVS (The 3 eYed crow). Definitely a vision. Some people may know what it will be about. I won't discuss it uness you want.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/146738-does-bran-meet-the-nights-king-on-game-of-thrones-the-starks-encounter-with-the-white

Bran minute 0.25 from the second trailer. The picture that made us open this thread, actually. It seems like Bran is "warging" or having a magic moment, but the roots are very close to him. Definitely Spoiler territory. We could speculate about it. Is it spoiler for both the books and the show or only the show: Is it what it seems?

The splicing and voice-over choices in the trailer were very clever and deliberate.  Did you notice how they spliced the image of Bran lying on the floor incapacitated by the weirwood roots, clearly warging (his eyes milked over), adjacent with the imposing shadow of Drogon moving over the Dothraki literally 'mounting the world' (my favorite shot of the whole trailer!) on the one side (...'you shall not walk again, but you will fly'); and Arya suffering through her faceless men training on the other, together with the provocative voice-over, 'Who are you?' which is meant to apply to Bran too!

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, so le'ts stay on topic, as you say, @Tijgy.I personally like minor  spoilers but not Big ones, so we could probably discuss what's being released, and relate it to the Re-Read thread.

First of all: the first picture released time ago: Bran riding what it seems to be a horse. Is he in the cave or outside?

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/excuse-me-game-of-thrones-why-is-bran-stark-riding-a-horse-in-season-6

http://www.allthatsepic.com/television/game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer-breakdown/

Bran meets MVS (The 3 eYed crow). Definitely a vision. Some people may know what it will be about. I won't discuss it uness you want.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/146738-does-bran-meet-the-nights-king-on-game-of-thrones-the-starks-encounter-with-the-white

Bran minute 0.25 from the second trailer. The picture that made us open this thread, actually. It seems like Bran is "warging" or having a magic moment, but the roots are very close to him. Definitely Spoiler territory. We could speculate about it. Is it spoiler for both the books and the show or only the show: Is it what it seems?

Hey everybody, I look forward to this threads development.  Page two already, good work people.  :)

Hi Meera.  :D  I do think it's a vision when the Night's King appears.  What interested me is that Bran seemed surprised he was there.  It looked to me as if he was watching something else, so that would mean one of 'his' lessons/visions, yes?  Not one the Night's King should be able to entertain.  So does that mean that this an invasion of the magic being used by the Night's King?  Does he have the same abilities as Bran and BR?  @Bemused has posted about another entity using these powers in the re-read.

There is that thing that he may be an ancient Stark as well.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

THANKS!  YOU ARE A DEAR TO PROVIDE THESE LINKS!:love:

That Bran is “root-locked” in the most recent trailer is a significant deviation from the novels, and one that suggests our Stark greenseer is held fast during his journey into the tree.

Now, Evita will put a “happy spin” on this unhappy screen shot:

However, those roots are metaphoric for the arms of the tree, and they embrace Bran in a nurturing way as he begins to realize his growing powers.:wub:

I am remaining optimistic as April 24 draws near as I see Bran as pivotal this season in revealing much and more of the histories Martin has revealed in the novels.

5 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Yes, a thread to promote the awesomeness of Bran Stark!!!! Always ready to join for this :D

I think we will probably in the first episode have the aftermath of the "For the Watch"? 

I am not really sure what the spoiler allowance of the season 6 in this thread is? But in this clip we can see what is happening at the Wall probably not long after Jon's death(?): 

Reveal hidden contents

Cruel as I am I only think: Go Ghost!

(I never like to police anyone and I think some people know I also like to rant about the show, but it might be smart to keep this thread on topic? And discuss on what is happening regarding Bran, his powers, ... in the show and put the (very valid IMO :D) criticisms regarding BR's two eyes, absence of Bran, absence of direwolves, .... in the R&R thread and other threads where the quality or lack of quality of the show is discussed. I can understand some people are disappointed about some things in the show (like thousand-eyes-and-two) but I would love to have this as place wherein people who love and not love the show can discuss Bran?)

Thank you for the wonderful video of Ghost.:wub:

I think that until the show airs, I am fully behind our greenseer being integral in the eventual resurrection of Jon Snow in a fashion relevant to Bran’s magical abilities.

Ghost is the conduit through which Bran reaches Jon Snow in his wolf dream.

Visions in a Wolf-Dream:

Jon VII Chapter 53, A Clash of Kings

The Sounds of Silence

Illustrations of sound and silence are integral to Jon’s POVs in ACoK, and Martin attaches significance to the auditory during the rangers’ upward trek of the Skirling Pass, traveling on one of many steep, narrow paths lined with walls of rock.  Moving silently and in single file, the men hear the wind blowing through the mountain rock, causing the “skirling”, a shrill, mournful sound similar to bagpiping. Jon Snow observes, “The wind cut like a knife up here, and shrilled in the night like a mother mourning her slain children” (ACoK 739).

Amid the sounds and the silences of nature and men, Jon’s direwolf Ghost remains silent, a point Martin reaffirms throughout Jon’s POVs.  However, at the zenith of the Skirling Pass and under a rock archway, Jon sleeps only to hear Ghost break his silence, finally finding his voice to sing to his pack. Consequently, the boy inside the wolf shares his acute feelings of loss for his littermates, five brothers and a sister.  So great is his longing for his family, the otherwise silent Ghost announces his mourning with a direwolf’s voice, howling into the night sky: “his [Ghost’s] cry echoed through the forest, a long lonely mournful sound” [ACoK  765].

Martin fittingly chooses the Skirling Pass, known for its keening, as a setting for Ghost’s melancholy song.  The narrow pathway through which a warg is symbolically born serves as a metaphoric birth canal, and Bran the budding greenseer assists at the delivery of Jon’s warg spirit, which is marked by Ghost finding his voice. 

Regarding the negativity voiced elsewhere on the Forums, I cannot fault those passionate book readers who are frustrated by the path the show is and has been taking.  But as I have shared with others, I think that if I keep HBO separated from Martin and maintain objectivity, I can avoid disappointment, irritation, and tears.

The genres of film and prose are related, yet markedly different, and it has been my experiences as a fan of both that adaptations of novels into film never quite meet the expectations of the readers.  I have seldom been pleased with any film version of the novels I adore.

With this in mind, it is important that the novels will always be superior to visual mediums; if they are/were not, I fear reading good fiction might be in danger for those generations of readers to come.

So, the fact that we see Bran astride a horse and Bloodraven on foot with two good eyes is the way that the producers are providing the actors with meaningful screen time.  Moreover, viewers not familiar with the novels know no different, and watching Bran and his teacher actively engaged is more pleasing than seeing them bound to a tree.

:agree:  I look forward to the training more than worry about small details.  BR having one eye would've been nice, but I got over the show not adhering to the books descriptions ages ago.  It just makes their life easier. 

1 hour ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

Hey everybody, I look forward to this threads development.  Page two already, good work people.  :)

Hi Meera.  :D  I do think it's a vision when the Night's King appears.  What interested me is that Bran seemed surprised he was there.  It looked to me as if he was watching something else, so that would mean one of 'his' lessons/visions, yes?  Not one the Night's King should be able to entertain.  So does that mean that this an invasion of the magic being used by the Night's King?  Does he have the same abilities as Bran and BR?  @Bemused has posted about another entity using these powers in the re-read.

There is that thing that he may be an ancient Stark as well.  :dunno:

Yes, and, in fact, they released another screenshot in which T3EC grabs his arm. I think that is when he wakes up from that vision.

It's an invasion, definitely. There are two magics here, and not counting the magic of The Lord of Light. 

An ancient stark? like....Brandon The Builder==?

NOTE: T3EC means The Three Eyed Crow, who probably is BloodRaven and Brynden Rivers (BR). =Max Von Sydow (MVS).

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

NOTE: T3EC means The Three Eyed Crow, who probably is BloodRaven and Brynden Rivers (BR). =Max Von Sydow (MVS).

It is three-eyed-raven in the show ;)

34 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Thank you for the wonderful video of Ghost.:wub:

I think that until the show airs, I am fully behind our greenseer being integral in the eventual resurrection of Jon Snow in a fashion relevant to Bran’s magical abilities.

Ghost is the conduit through which Bran reaches Jon Snow in his wolf dream.

I am always very glad to post a video of one of my darlings :D

And I actually have the same idea about Jon's resurrection. 

Just now, Tijgy said:

It is three-eyed-raven in the show ;)

Thanks, didn't remember, like the Yara-Asha thing.

So the glossary:

T3EC = The Three Eyed Crow/ The Three Eyed Raven, who probably is BloodRaven and Brynden Rivers (person) (BR).

Portrayed by=Max Von Sydow (MVS)

15 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, and, in fact, they released another screenshot in which T3EC grabs his arm. I think that is when he wakes up from that vision.

It's an invasion, definitely. There are two magics here, and not counting the magic of The Lord of Light. 

An ancient stark? like....Brandon The Builder==?

Not sure about Brandon the builder, maybe.  :dunno:  But one of the old Brandon's for sure. 'the builder' is an option. ;)  The following is from the wiki's description of the Night's King in ASOS.

While on his way north, Bran Stark recalls stories told to the Stark children of Night's King and the Nightfort by Old Nan, servant in Winterfell. She said some people believe Night's King was a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot. However, she identifies Night's King as a Stark of Winterfell and brother to the King of Winter and suggests his name was Brandon.

So potentially we've got a couple of Brandon Stark's on the go here.  :o 

39 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

WHERE?  Evita missed another important screen cap - what would I do without my PACK :grouphug:to keep me up-to-date!

Well, if Jon is part ice, part fire, it stands to reason both magics will be at work.

It also makes sense - remember that the CotF - Leaf - hurled fire balls at the wights, which strongly suggests that the possess some of this fire magic.

Moreover, Leaf traveled for 200 years.  Methinks she may have studied various magical forces to augment the knowledge stored in the trees.

The singers are "life-long" learners, gathering and absorbing knowledge near and far to feed their trees.

Maybe the trees feed on KNOWLEDGE and not on BLOOD ONLY.

13 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

WHERE?  Evita missed another important screen cap - what would I do without my PACK :grouphug:to keep me up-to-date!

Well, if Jon is part ice, part fire, it stands to reason both magics will be at work.

It also makes sense - remember that the CotF - Leaf - hurled fire balls at the wights, which strongly suggests that the possess some of this fire magic.

Moreover, Leaf traveled for 200 years.  Methinks she may have studied various magical forces to augment the knowledge stored in the trees.

The singers are "life-long" learners, gathering and absorbing knowledge near and far to feed their trees.

Maybe the trees feed on KNOWLEDGE and not on BLOOD ONLY.

I can't find it know. but it exists!!....meanwhile during my research I've found the Meera screenshot from the making of...first picture (don't look at the others if you don't want minor spoilers because there are minor comments)

http://lossietereinos.com/subtitulado-making-of-de-la-sexta-temporada-de-juego-de-tronos/ (look at the screenshots)

Archived