[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

1 minute ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Never thought of that. Interesting cause this would twist the idea of the wise adviser/mentor figure in fantasy series, like with Dumbledore, Gandalf, and Merlin. And we all know GRMM loves to subvert and advert his tropes.

I actually personally believe JKR did this already with Dumbledore? In the end Dumbledore used Harry and Snape also as his mean to achieve his goal.  

As for Meera and Hodor, sadly i won't be lying if i say they're gonna die in S6.

I get the feeling Meera has to be sacrifice for Bran. Though i don't know what exactly. But for Hodor, he's no longer need now and he may share the same fate with Meera - being sacrifice. Also, since Bran is all grow up, Hodor won't be able to carry him for an extend like before and the leaked reveal Bran with a horse, meaning Hodor is probably not there to to aid Bran...

Couldn't fathom the thought of Bran leaving the cave all alone without Meera and Hodor on his side...

:crying:

3 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I actually personally believe JKR did this already with Dumbledore? In the end Dumbledore used Harry and Snape also as his mean to achieve his goal.  

I didn't read or watch Harry Potter. But i'm sorry if i got this fact wrong, never thought Dumbledore is the villain of the series (thanks for spoiler btw).

1 minute ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I didn't read or watch Harry Potter. But i'm sorry if i got this fact wrong, never thought Dumbledore is the villain of the series (thanks for spoiler btw).

Sorry? He is not really the villain? 

21 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

As for Meera and Hodor, sadly i won't be lying if i say they're gonna die in S6.

I get the feeling Meera has to be sacrifice for Bran. Though i don't know what exactly. But for Hodor, he's no longer need now and he may share the same fate with Meera - being sacrifice. Also, since Bran is all grow up, Hodor won't be able to carry him for an extend like before and the leaked reveal Bran with a horse, meaning Hodor is probably not there to to aid Bran...

Couldn't fathom the thought of Bran leaving the cave all alone without Meera and Hodor on his side...

:crying:

Should we get prepared for Meera sacrificing herself? I always pictured they would leave together

2 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

Why do you think she is gonna to sacrifice herself? I don't think so.

I never thought that before; but considering there's going to be a "breaking your hearts" moment.....:crying:

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:44 PM, evita mgfs said:

Sorry I didn't get back to you.  I tried to post and my computer shut down.  The "laughing emoticon" was meant for your response to the Heresy threads, but when I tried to quote you, the wrong text box kept appearing!

I'm going to hit submit before I have more problems.

I just assume the "laughing emoticon" could be applied to all my posts, I am effortlessly hilarious. :P

I read through the couple pages of the sister thread and I loved seeing all the references to the wind and the mists in connection to BR, especially when you consider the mists connection to otherworldliness in Norse mythology and mythological monsters ability to control winds and mists in common European folklore.

I've been very reluctant to accept Theon going back to the Iron Islands despite some of the strong foreshadowing because his story seems so tied to Bran and Winterfell that going back to the Islands seems anti-climactic.  But I've started to accept it.  With two lo ng-ass books left I imagine Theon will have time enough to satisfy his Winterfell story and go to the Iron Islands.  I love your post about Bran/Athena.  Its incredible the way GRRM manages to draw inspiration from so many disperse sources and meld them into a coherent narrative. 

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Should we get prepared for Meera sacrificing herself? I always pictured they would leave together

Probably. I'm not entirely convince Meera will get sacrifice in some way or another, but get the feeling she will die in S6 or 7. Though at least Bran will have someone on his side when they return to Winterfell.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I never thought that before; but considering there's going to be a "breaking your hearts" moment.....:crying:

My bet the "heartbreaking" moment is Hodor's death.

1 minute ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

From what I understand, this moment is related to some of the visions that Bran will have in Season 6. 

I could buy that. And also Bran doing something unexpected, out of character. But I can't get out of my mind the image of Meera/Hodor 's deaths:(

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I could buy that. And also Bran doing something unexpected, out of character. But I can't get out of my mind the image of Meera/Hodor 's deaths:(

I don't think Bran will do anything horrible. They just want to show Bloodraven teaching Bran how to control the power and the correct way they should be used. And in any way both will die. Bloodraven will die, as well as some of the COTF. They won't kill all the characters in the story of Bran.

42 minutes ago, Lady of Butterflies said:

I don't think Bran will do anything horrible. They just want to show Bloodraven teaching Bran how to control the power and the correct way they should be used. And in any way both will die. Bloodraven will die, as well as some of the COTF. They won't kill all the characters in the story of Bran.

coul be., but that wouldn't break outr hearts, unless we care about Br at the end of the season....(well, we will care)

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

A lot of people feel he was the "real" villain of the series...

57 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Probably. I'm not entirely convince Meera will get sacrifice in some way or another, but get the feeling she will die in S6 or 7. Though at least Bran will have someone on his side when they return to Winterfell.

My bet the "heartbreaking" moment is Hodor's death.

Hodor could do it. I do think hodor will die at some point. 

OR

Maybe Bran reveal his feels and get rejected hard?  then embraces this really dark power he has if you think about it. 

3 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

A lot of people feel he was the "real" villain of the series...

Hodor could do it. I do think hodor will die at some point. 

OR

Maybe Bran reveal his feels and get rejected hard?  then embraces this really dark power he has if you think about it. 

which feelings?

and the dark side...that is what I was referring to when he would do something worng (not be evil) but a bit out of character, but I can't imagine it could happen to him because he's down to earth. However, we don't know how it will affect him, and if the magic is evil and could corrupt him unwillingly (dark magic)

13 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

coul be., but that wouldn't break outr hearts, unless we care about Br at the end of the season....(well, we will care)

They said it will be a revelation that will break the hearts. I do not think it will be an event involving any of these characters. Only a vision, or the future or the past.

10 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

which feelings?

and the dark side...that is what I was referring to when he would do something worng (not be evil) but a bit out of character, but I can't imagine it could happen to him because he's down to earth. However, we don't know how it will affect him, and if the magic is evil anc dould corrupt him unwillingly

Well in the books he clearly has crush on her. It would be a good moment to have him reveal those feels in the show and then have her reject them.

Also i don't feel like the magic is evil as it is just a great power and i could see bran, like anyone really, begin to be corrupted by this power. In the book he is already using it on hodor in a really messed up way but he likes being in control of hordor. 

Archived