[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

DID YOU ALL READ THIS?  AN AFTER SHOW LIKE "TALKING DEAD"!

"It seems like every popular genre series has its own after show. The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, and Orphan Black have their respective talk shows dedicated to each and every episode, and now Game of Thrones has one as well!

"HBO has announced that After the Thrones will fill that after show void for Game of Thrones, with a team of former Grantland writers behind it. Andy Greenwald and Chris Ryan are slated to host After the Thrones, while Bill Simmons is producing the series through his overall deal with HBO. Greenwald and Ryan previously hosted the Watch the Thrones podcast, which was also focused on Game of Thrones. More recently, the duo host The Watch on The Ringer's podcast channel.

"And what might fans expect from After the Thrones? According to Deadline, it "will recap the latest episode, explaining the who, what, when and where; exploring the complicated politics and history of Thrones; and 'offering absurd and not-so-absurd theories about future episodes.'” http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/973441-game-thrones-season-6-gets-show-andy-greenwald-chris-ryan#/slide/1

7 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Just read the article of the hero's journey. What do you think?

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/20/the-heros-journey-in-game-of-thrones-brandon-stark/

I've gotta say, I write in addition to the other things I do, and it is damned near impossible to avoid certain paths such as mentioned in this article. GRRM is amazing at how he can take influences from around time and history and weave them all together seamlessly. It is something that sounds easy enough, but when you try it yourself, you appreciate how hard it really is.

I don't know if you saw the Pinocchio connection I made last week on Evita's main Bran thread, but I never, ever would have put those things together if it weren't for an "accident".

13 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

The Titan of Braavos could wiggle his toes, but no more. His main body is metal (bronze?). And I think there is a bigger Titan in mind that needs to tumble... Littlefinger.

One of my favorite movies - old time special effects - is Jason and the Argonauts.  When Jason scatters the dragon's teeth, dead worriers rise from the earth as skeletons - and they do battle.

That is kind of what I would like to see with the dead Starks - not just toe and finger wiggling!:rofl:

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I've gotta say, I write in addition to the other things I do, and it is damned near impossible to avoid certain paths such as mentioned in this article. GRRM is amazing at how he can take influences from around time and history and weave them all together seamlessly. It is something that sounds easy enough, but when you try it yourself, you appreciate how hard it really is.

I don't know if you saw the Pinocchio connection I made last week on Evita's main Bran thread, but I never, ever would have put those things together if it weren't for an "accident".

Totally agree.

Yes, I read it.....Geppetto's not-so-good.....wow

so do you think Bran's route will follow what the essay says beyond S5?

Just now, evita mgfs said:

One of my favorite movies - old time special effects - is Jason and the Argonauts.  When Jason scatters the dragon's teeth, dead worriers rise from the earth as skeletons - and they do battle.

That is kind of what I would like to see with the dead Starks - not just toe and finger wiggling!:rofl:

1 minute ago, evita mgfs said:

DID YOU ALL READ THIS?  AN AFTER SHOW LIKE "TALKING DEAD"!

I did, and to be honest, it does two things for me.

1- It lowers the quality level of GoT even more because they are putting themselves in the league with Walking Dead. WD is an ok show, I watch it, but I also zone out and only half pay attention because the dialogue is awful and getting worse. It seems juvenile.

2- HBO, the showrunners and the active actors have worked triple time to "make up" and apologize for what S5 was. This seems to be more of that and in an instant apologetic way. Can't say I am excited for this one. Just look at the "women on top" magazine covers. That wound has not healed yet.

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

1- It lowers the quality level of GoT even more because they are putting themselves in the league with Walking Dead. WD is an ok show, I watch it, but I also zone out and only half pay attention because the dialogue is awful and getting worse. It seems juvenile.

2- HBO, the showrunners and the active actors have worked triple time to "make up" and apologize for what S5 was. This seems to be more of that and in an instant apologetic way. Can't say I am excited for this one. Just look at the "women on top" magazine covers. That wound has not healed yet.

Honestly they just took ESPN's show and put it on their network so they get something out of it. There are like a million podcasts ad aftershows already getting stuff from this why should they not? 

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Thankfully, I missed those mag articles.  How trite!

I was hoping the after show would be more sophisticated than Talking Dead.  You are right it is juvenile,  The way they do the instant replays in slow motion of the zombies who died in the episodes.  Seeing it once was enough for me - but I am not an active watcher,  I hate it!  My son has made me watch it when he comes over on Sundays - not my cup of tea.

No - I like Dance Moms and Counting On with the married Duggar girls.  TeeHee.

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Totally agree.

You did, I am sorry, I forgot. To be honest, I had a rough day and am enjoying some wine :dunno:

I think the ending will change with whatever inspiration GRRM has in mind for each character arc (the bitter and the sweet). Otherwise it would just be a retelling... and that is as exciting as canned spaghetti sauce.

Just like LotR and the Hobbit. George was inspired by those stories, but GRRM did not copy them. Tolkien just got his mental juices flowing enough to write his own stuff. I think, sometimes, people are too literal with the Tolkien influence on GRRM. I have read plenty of GRRM's other work and Tolkien ain't there ;)

What about this?

"And it looks like we are going to see a lot of Bran in Season 6: the young Isaac Hempstead Wright offers these tantalizing glimpses during his PR rounds: “I can’t say a lot, but I am back this season and it’s going to get particularly interesting with Bran. He has some interesting visions.” In another interview Hempstead hints at Bran taking on the role of “kingmaker,” to “expect lots of magic,” and “extraordinary enabling abilities” that could cause an “earthquake” in Westeros. What kind of earthquake? Hempstead doesn’t say"

Maybe the crypt vaults will burst open?

6 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

Honestly they just took ESPN's show and put it on their network so they get something out of it. There are like a million podcasts ad aftershows already getting stuff from this why should they not? 

Because there are like a million already? That's my first thought. Why do what a hundred others are already doing. It is season 6 we are looking at. They could have started with 2, or 3, or even 4 because that would have placed it after the Red Wedding with the most shock value.

1 minute ago, evita mgfs said:

What about this?

"And it looks like we are going to see a lot of Bran in Season 6: the young Isaac Hempstead Wright offers these tantalizing glimpses during his PR rounds: “I can’t say a lot, but I am back this season and it’s going to get particularly interesting with Bran. He has some interesting visions.” In another interview Hempstead hints at Bran taking on the role of “kingmaker,” to “expect lots of magic,” and “extraordinary enabling abilities” that could cause an “earthquake” in Westeros. What kind of earthquake? Hempstead doesn’t say"

Giants awaking from the earth i think in the books mean earthquakes. so why not am actual earthquake?

2 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

What about this?

What???? This interview says everything!!!! Contacting JOn for sure.......esrthquake? We ere talking about that the other day......oh my God......

that's too much information!! Kingmaker????? Jon!!!!!??? Or...who else?

13 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Totally agree.

Like Leechy says, Martin spins things his own way - mixing up the world mythologies like he is making a scratch cake - lots of nuts, chocolate chips, sugar, and other yummy ingredients.  He then bakes it in his Martin Mind-Oven and serves his readers a taste of brilliance - sweet and savory,

8 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Because there are like a million already? That's my first thought. Why do what a hundred others are already doing. It is season 6 we are looking at. They could have started with 2, or 3, or even 4 because that would have placed it after the Red Wedding with the most shock value.

millions means that there is a market. They are all about getting their slice of the pie. they also took a show with an existing audience on the watch the thrones podcast and they already got these guys running another website and podcast network for them, so why not give them a bigger audience? 

3 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

millions means that there is a market. They all about getting their slice of the pie. they also took a show with an existing audience on the watch the thrones podcast and they already got these guys running another website and podcast network for them, so why not give them a bigger audience? 

Eh, I guess. I am sure it will do fine. But millions also means it is easier to do this stuff on your own with no real training or professional equipment and you just like to rant.

I compare it to self publishing through vanity presses or amazon. Literally anyone can have a book "published" any day of the week because technology allows it. However, most, a huge amount, of those self published books are crap. Except for these :wub:

Archived