[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

9 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Hello guys! Long time lurker on the forum, recently began posting. As a Bran fan myself, I love this thread and all of the great analyses :D

Really nervous for the final episode with Bran...if he brings down the Wall inadvertently with his "mark" the hate will be too much to deal with :(

Welcome! :D Me too. They never mentioned to horn of Joramum, right? So maybe they are using the mark as replacement? I just ignore the hate. Their own favorites did worse thing or are boring. 

4 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

I agree. I suspect this is exactly what the Stark words "Winter is Coming" actually refer to. 

In the books, the Others are not deterred by fire. Neither are heart trees (the abode of greenseers), are they? Winterfell's heart tree survives the fire, so does the one in Harrenhal. Might or might not be a hint, I'm just throwing that out here :D

Interesting idee but I do not know. Did Mel not burn the godswood in Storm's end or something like that? So I think weirwood can burn and Leaf says: 

Oh yes, forgot about Mel ... Stannis also makes all the wildlings burn some weirwood when they pass the Wall, now that I remember.

I think it occured to me because it was quite strongly implied in 'The Door' episode that the NK was also some kind of greenseer. How else would have he been able to touch Bran in a vision? 

But I doubt we will get any explanation of that in the show, anyway, so maybe I am reading too much into it.

3 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Hello guys! Long time lurker on the forum, recently began posting. As a Bran fan myself, I love this thread and all of the great analyses :D

Really nervous for the final episode with Bran...if he brings down the Wall inadvertently with his "mark" the hate will be too much to deal with :(

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think he will do anything like this, at least not consciously.....I have high expectations with Bran's ending. Maybe just the contrary? I don't know but that Wall must stand up with magic, and our boy is the wizard of Westeros!!

Anyway....at least we will finally see Bran riding a horse again :)

1 hour ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Oh yes, forgot about Mel ... Stannis also makes all the wildlings burn some weirwood when they pass the Wall, now that I remember.

I think it occured to me because it was quite strongly implied in 'The Door' episode that the NK was also some kind of greenseer. How else would have he been able to touch Bran in a vision? 

But I doubt we will get any explanation of that in the show, anyway, so maybe I am reading too much into it.

About the NK....I am not sure, but my take was that the NK's magic made him able to recognise if someone's "soul" is travelling through time or space (could we call that Greenseeing?) but he is not a greenseer himself. He just recognised someone was spying him.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I suppose he has some abilities similar to the ones of a greenseer since the show said that the Others were created by the Children, and these are related to Greenseers. But it's almost more complicated, since we are not even sure if the NK is a WW/Other, though he seems one. Anyway,  in the show we have already seen:

-The Children creating the first WW's from men

-WW's performing a ritual creating more WW's from baby mankind.

-NK: no explanation of his origin, but seems to be a WW

-Wights: men who became these creatures and that, apparently, follow the orders of WWs.....

We might not get all the information about them, but there are some things that still have to be explained; for instance, they put a lot of interest in how to create a WW, and the WW's surrounding the one who created the baby WW in S4.

15 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think he will do anything like this, at least not consciously.....I have high expectations with Bran's ending. Maybe just the contrary? I don't know but that Wall must stand up with magic, and our boy is the wizard of Westeros!!

Anyway....at least we will finally see Bran riding a horse again :)

Yes ! I hope he names it Dancer...

Side track: I always wondered why Bran named his pony Dancer in the books. Theon's Smiler, Sandor's Stranger, even Jaime's Honor (LOL) all fit the characters in some way or the other. Dancer somehow always felt....random? 

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Anyway,  in the show we have already seen:

-The Children creating the first WW's from men

-WW's performing a ritual creating more WW's from baby mankind.

-NK: no explanation of his origin, but seems to be a WW

-Wights: men who became these creatures and that, apparently, follow the orders of WWs.....

Great rundown. I think all of the above points can be assumed to be similar to the books. The whole business of this "mark" however, I don't know what to make of it. There is the horn of Joramun in the books but nobody has actually found it, IIRC. 

4 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Welcome! :D Me too. They never mentioned to horn of Joramum, right? So maybe they are using the mark as replacement? I just ignore the hate. Their own favorites did worse thing or are boring. 

You're not talking about Theon, are you?!?  Sounds like you're talking bad about Theon!  Don't you talk bad about my boy Theon!!!  :)

7 hours ago, thehandwipes said:

You're not talking about Theon, are you?!?  Sounds like you're talking bad about Theon!  Don't you talk bad about my boy Theon!!!  :)

A little :leaving:

But I have also a big space in my heart for him. He is also one of my favorites.

Bran is going to appear in the finale in a few hours. What will happen to him, Benjen and Meera?

Very nervous.

What is he thinking about when he is in the snow?

are you afraid? Daario's words mixed with Bran's image

No, he is not!

Bran is the hero of the story and heir of Winterfell

Please be safe!!!

34 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Bran is going to appear in the finale in a few hours. What will happen to him, Benjen and Meera?

Very nervous.

What is he thinking about when he is in the snow?

are you afraid? Daario's words mixed with Bran's image

No, he is not!

Bran is the hero of the story and heir of Winterfell

Please be safe!!!

Hey Meera!  :)

I fully expect to see the completion of the Tower of Joy visions tonight, surely they will give us something more.  They have given us little bits throughout this series but stopped at young Ned going into the Tower.  And remember how keen Bran was to see more, I reckon he will find the nearest weirwood and try to comprehend or understand his powers as Benjen said he will have to do the last time we saw them.

Perhaps they will have some whites still on their tale to make it suspenseful, and perhaps Benjen will have them catch up with him after he gets Bran and Meera to safety at the Wall, which I think/hope will happen. (Cross fingers and toes) 

But before that my prediction is that Bran is lying down at the weirwood grove north of the Wall that the Brothers swear their vows at.  That would enable him to have those visions of the ToJ and potentially Jon's parentage.  If this is the case then Benjen is present to answer any questions Bran has where he can.

I'm not sure about the Wall coming down, especially in the show.  That would be really expensive to CGI, perhaps just a small part of it comes down?  I don't know.  If Bran does get to the Wall then I definitely think the whole thing won't come down.  I think that Benjen can't pass the Wall due the magic ala Coldhands, so will have to lead Bran and Meera so far then try to escape.

Really I have no clue, but that's where my mind has gone watching the Bran T.V arc.  :P   

6 minutes ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

Hey Meera!  :)

I fully expect to see the completion of the Tower of Joy visions tonight, surely they will give us something more.  They have given us little bits throughout this series but stopped at young Ned going into the Tower.  And remember how keen Bran was to see more, I reckon he will find the nearest weirwood and try to comprehend or understand his powers as Benjen said he will have to do the last time we saw them.

Perhaps they will have some whites still on their tale to make it suspenseful, and perhaps Benjen will have them catch up with him after he gets Bran and Meera to safety at the Wall, which I think/hope will happen. (Cross fingers and toes) 

But before that my prediction is that Bran is lying down at the weirwood grove north of the Wall that the Brothers swear their vows at.  That would enable him to have those visions of the ToJ and potentially Jon's parentage.  If this is the case then Benjen is present to answer any questions Bran has where he can.

I'm not sure about the Wall coming down, especially in the show.  That would be really expensive to CGI, perhaps just a small part of it comes down?  I don't know.  If Bran does get to the Wall then I definitely think the whole thing won't come down.  I think that Benjen can't pass the Wall due the magic ala Coldhands, so will have to lead Bran and Meera so far then try to escape.

Really I have no clue, but that's where my mind has gone watching the Bran T.V arc.  :P   

Yes, very good predictions!
I also think the Wall won't come down yet. Especially now that Bran is Near!

Bran might be in that weirwood yes!!!!!

And Benjen, I don't know about him, but I hope he is fine too.

I'm worried about the mark, though

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, very good predictions!
I also think the Wall won't come down yet. Especially now that Bran is Near!

Bran might be in that weirwood yes!!!!!

And Benjen, I don't know about him, but I hope he is fine too.

I'm worried about the mark, though

I'm not very hopeful for Benjen, unless they intend to use him next season.  Or maybe they will have him disappear again leaving us as fans saying 'where the hell did Benjen go?' all over again.  :P  Let us hope for the latter.

The mark is worrying I agree, I'm hoping it was a temporary portal into the warded cave overthrowing the magic so they could attack.  Otherwise the NK has a constant GPS on Bran the whole time and this would be a huge concern.  Especially if this means Bran going south of the Wall enables the NK to follow, smashing that magic bond.  Bran would be constantly on the run for the rest of the series.  :crying:

It is entirely possible but I hope this isn't the case.  We'll have to wait and see with that one. 

At this point, with this talk of Jon having left the NW and becoming King in the North, the only thing standing between Westeros and the Others is our boy Bran it seems...:wacko:. But he'll be more than suited for the task :cool4:

I hope the Wall doesn't fall, it seems too early for that still. I really wonder how they are going to handwave explain Benjen leaving them again. 

26 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

At this point, with this talk of Jon having left the NW and becoming King in the North, the only thing standing between Westeros and the Others is our boy Bran it seems...:wacko:. But he'll be more than suited for the task :cool4:

I hope the Wall doesn't fall, it seems too early for that still. I really wonder how they are going to handwave explain Benjen leaving them again. 

Hey Little Scribe of Naath.  :)

I agree it seems too early for the Wall to fall, if it does at all.  And with that in mind I expect Jon to return to the Wall soon, maybe in this episode.  He told Dolorous Edd to hold the Wall and don't muck it up, I feel that implies he is returning after the battle if he survived.  Even if he is not Lord Commander, he has to fight the real problem.

With Bran and Benjen potentially so close north of the Wall I think it would make sense to have Jon approach the Wall from the south at the roughly the same time.  Maybe even have a Jon and Bran reunion this episode?  That would be amazing.  Perhaps I'm hoping for too much, something will probably go horribly wrong somewhere.  :P

2 minutes ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

I agree it seems too early for the Wall to fall, if it does at all.  And with that in mind I expect Jon to return to the Wall soon, maybe in this episode.  He told Dolorous Edd to hold the Wall and don't muck it up, I feel that implies he is returning after the battle if he survived.  Even if he is not Lord Commander, he has to fight the real problem.

With Bran and Benjen potentially so close north of the Wall I think it would make sense to have Jon approach the Wall from the south at the roughly the same time.  Maybe even have a Jon and Bran reunion this episode?  That would be amazing.  Perhaps I'm hoping for too much, something will probably go horribly wrong somewhere.  :P

I would love to have a reunion. I would start to cry probably. But I think this might be in the beginning of season 7. There is already happening so much during this episode. 

8 minutes ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

https://www.gameofthronesquote.com/b/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/13335516_1066028386808551_540765976593543169_n.jpg

:P

Jokes aside, it would be awesome to see Jon-Bran-Meera-Benjen-Dolorous Edd and probably Davos together at the Wall.

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

I would love to have a reunion. I would start to cry probably. But I think this might be in the beginning of season 7. There is already happening so much during this episode. 

Good point, still we can dream.  :P

At the very least I hope for them to be really close, maybe we see Bran get to the Wall, maybe he just gets to see it.  But if Jon is heading back there then the reunion is on!!  I had a tear in my eye when Sansa saw Jon again, so with how much I have invested in Bran I think I may be joining you.  Happy tears though....happy tears.  :crying: :D

4 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Haha, I love it!  :D  It really could be too much for Jon, and by the way...I just had this vision about Lyanna........:blink:

54 minutes ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

Oh please!!!!!!! Bran has tried to see Jon many many times but couldn't!!!

Apart than a reunion would mean making him Lord of WF.....maybe it's too good to be true.

46 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

https://www.gameofthronesquote.com/b/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/13335516_1066028386808551_540765976593543169_n.jpg

:P

Jokes aside, it would be awesome to see Jon-Bran-Meera-Benjen-Dolorous Edd and probably Davos together at the Wall.

LOL!! Jon doesn't trust Bran LOL

yes, and Uncle Benjen!!!!

everyone together and Sansa....

and Arya too:grouphug: Time for wolves

43 minutes ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

Good point, still we can dream.  :P

At the very least I hope for them to be really close, maybe we see Bran get to the Wall, maybe he just gets to see it.  But if Jon is heading back there then the reunion is on!!  I had a tear in my eye when Sansa saw Jon again, so with how much I have invested in Bran I think I may be joining you.  Happy tears though....happy tears.  :crying: :D

I think that's also a good guess.....very close...like he is used to:crying:

Archived