[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

evita mgfs

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If that happens I don't know how my body would react to that.

He was summarising, I actually didn't hear the whole thing because of lack of time. and now I wanted to finish it and it's also unavailable for me out of a sudden as well! :(

There have been several surges on every betting site that Bran Stark sits the throne at the end. His chances are around 50% now.  His chances at the end of last year were around 10 %. Those are absolutely massive pushes and unheard of. A lot of the time, surges like these are people with insider info pushing it.

A lot of Targaryen fans are hoping it's HBO spreading chaos(although that'd be unlikely) .

Jon and Dany trail in second and third. Combined their chances are smaller than Bran's and only reach around 1/3.

These betting sites also predicted that Cersei would sit the throne still by the end of season 7. 

On 12/14/2018 at 5:09 AM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

There have been several surges on every betting site that Bran Stark sits the throne at the end. His chances are around 50% now.  His chances at the end of last year were around 10 %. Those are absolutely massive pushes and unheard of. A lot of the time, surges like these are people with insider info pushing it.

A lot of Targaryen fans are hoping it's HBO spreading chaos(although that'd be unlikely) .

Jon and Dany trail in second and third. Combined their chances are smaller than Bran's and only reach around 1/3.

These betting sites also predicted that Cersei would sit the throne still by the end of season 7. 

Bran sits the greenseer throne, master of magical not mundane power. As such, he will be instrumental in the final war and its outcome, but he has Other things on his mind besides vying for political power.

I also think he will sacrifice himself to save his brother Jon, his family and the world, so he will not be around to sit any throne at the end.  The execution scene in AGOT serves to prepare Bran for his own death.  

'The man who passes the sentence must swing the sword'...I see Bran as the old gods trinity, making him at once the man who passes the sentence (the father), the one who swings the sword (the Holy Spirit... skinchanging Viserion, the Dawn sword), and the sacrifice (the son).

The Iron Throne will likely not survive at the end.  A new political order will arise.

Addendum: I predict the Last Dragon will be Viserion, skinchanged by Bran, the Last Greenseer, making them together 'the Promised Prince', who will heroically take control of the army of the dead from the Night's King.  They will leave this world together, and with them magic will depart from the world.

This is how Winter fell.

Bittersweet.

(Bran is the third head of the dragon.)

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

My Bran...

Didn't know how to react at this last post...I share some thoughts, some I'm nnot entirely sure.

If it was this it would be a powerful, "beautiful" tragedy, though.

Hi Meera!  Long time...but never tired of discussing our Bran.  :)

Admittedly, it's my favorite tinfoil! B)

I could be wrong.

What say you to my symbolically-invested 'fanfic',  @Dorian Martell's son..?

7 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Hi Meera!  Long time...but never tired of discussing our Bran.  :)

Admittedly, it's my favorite tinfoil! B)

I could be wrong.

Good the hear from you ravenous!!

This s what Isaac said about s8 a while ago (not sure if there have been more interviews):

"As long as we can reconcile with ourselves that we're happy with how it ends, it won't matter what anyone else thinks, really."

I realised that those videos were only for HBO, or I think so, so I will try to rewatch it again as soon as I have time.

4 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Wow.

22 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Bran sits the greenseer throne, master of magical not mundane power. As such, he will be instrumental in the final war and its outcome, but he has Other things on his mind besides vying for political power.

Yes 

22 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

I also think he will sacrifice himself to save his brother Jon, his family and the world, so he will not be around to sit any throne at the end.  The execution scene in AGOT serves to prepare Bran for his own death.  

'The man who passes the sentence must swing the sword'...I see Bran as the old gods trinity, making him at once the man who passes the sentence (the father), the one who swings the sword (the Holy Spirit... skinchanging Viserion, the Dawn sword), and the sacrifice (the son).

I disagree. I have always thought the bittersweet ending is Bran being stuck in a tree for the rest of his days being able to watch from afar everyone and everything he has ever loved have families, love, lose, fight, grow old and eventually die while never seeing them again in person. 
If he was to sacrifice himself, the first passage makes sense. Also, why viserion? 

26 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

The Iron Throne will likely not survive at the end.  A new political order will arise.

Totes agree. I can see a new order ruled from Harrenhal or the continent breaking up into different kingdoms again. 

34 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Addendum: I predict the Last Dragon will be Viserion, skinchanged by Bran, the Last Greenseer, making them together 'the Promised Prince', who will heroically take control of the army of the dead from the Night's King.  They will leave this world together, and with them magic will depart from the world.

This is how Winter fell.

Bittersweet.

I could see this, even though I can't see bran as a "head" of the dragon. 

The Tale Of Custard The Dragon - Poem by Ogden Nash

Belinda lived in a little white house, 
With a little black kitten and a little gray mouse, 
And a little yellow dog and a little red wagon, 
And a realio, trulio, little pet dragon. 

Now the name of the little black kitten was Ink, 
And the little gray mouse, she called her Blink, 
And the little yellow dog was sharp as Mustard, 
But the dragon was a coward, and she called him Custard. 

Custard the dragon had big sharp teeth, 
And spikes on top of him and scales underneath, 
Mouth like a fireplace, chimney for a nose, 
And realio, trulio, daggers on his toes. 

Belinda was as brave as a barrel full of bears, 
And Ink and Blink chased lions down the stairs, 
Mustard was as brave as a tiger in a rage, 
But Custard cried for a nice safe cage. 

Belinda tickled him, she tickled him unmerciful, 
Ink, Blink and Mustard, they rudely called him Percival, 
They all sat laughing in the little red wagon 
At the realio, trulio, cowardly dragon. 

Belinda giggled till she shook the house, 
And Blink said Week! , which is giggling for a mouse, 
Ink and Mustard rudely asked his age, 
When Custard cried for a nice safe cage. 

Suddenly, suddenly they heard a nasty sound, 
And Mustard growled, and they all looked around. 
Meowch! cried Ink, and Ooh! cried Belinda, 
For there was a pirate, climbing in the winda. 

Pistol in his left hand, pistol in his right, 
And he held in his teeth a cutlass bright, 
His beard was black, one leg was wood; 
It was clear that the pirate meant no good. 

Belinda paled, and she cried, Help! Help! 
But Mustard fled with a terrified yelp, 
Ink trickled down to the bottom of the household, 
And little mouse Blink strategically mouseholed. 

But up jumped Custard, snorting like an engine, 
Clashed his tail like irons in a dungeon, 
With a clatter and a clank and a jangling squirm 
He went at the pirate like a robin at a worm. 

The pirate gaped at Belinda's dragon, 
And gulped some grog from his pocket flagon, 
He fired two bullets but they didn't hit, 
And Custard gobbled him, every bit. 

Belinda embraced him, Mustard licked him, 
No one mourned for his pirate victim 
Ink and Blink in glee did gyrate 
Around the dragon that ate the pyrate. 

But presently up spoke little dog Mustard,
I'd been twice as brave if I hadn't been flustered.
And up spoke Ink and up spoke Blink,
We'd have been three times as brave, we think,
And Custard said, I quite agree
That everybody is braver than me.

Belinda still lives in her little white house, 
With her little black kitten and her little gray mouse, 
And her little yellow dog and her little red wagon, 
And her realio, trulio, little pet dragon. 

Belinda is as brave as a barrel full of bears, 
And Ink and Blink chase lions down the stairs, 
Mustard is as brave as a tiger in a rage, 
But Custard keeps crying for a nice safe cage. 

3 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

This is how Winter fell.

Bittersweet.

I can assure you that Bran's not going to die. He's going to outlive everyone.

--------

"We live closer to the green in our bogs and crannogs, and we remember. Earth and water, soil and stone, oaks and elms and willows, they were here before us all and will still remain when we are gone."

"So will you," said Meera. That made Bran sad. What if I don't want to remain when you are gone? he almost asked, but he swallowed the words unspoken.

-----------------

In fact, Bran has already sacrificed himself at this point in the story. There's no meaning to Bran's death now. He's already sacrificed his own selfhood.

There's no sadness to be gained from killing his body because Bran's already "dead". What you have of Bran is Bran fused to an entity that's overtaken him. 

He's a walking, talking human weirwood. A storage space for a multitude of greenseer souls.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Thanks, that's an interesting interview. What's particularly interesting for me is that the actors aren't told what the hell they're supposed to be doing, so I don't know how they're expected to get into character. Maybe some of the actors are being judged for being poor when in fact they're hampered by a lack of information as well as shoddy writing (which is also implied by IHW).

17 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Thanks! :D

This is all conjecture on my part. I’ve never actually gone through a very detailed analysis of what exactly Bran’s powers are with [the showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss]. To be honest, I don’t think they really want to do that. It would become like a superhero movie, if we knew every way that Bran’s powers worked and what exactly he can do. It’s best to keep that sense of mystery and an unknown to it.

Sigh. 

Great that Isaac took a lot of time to think for himself how Bran's powers should be viewed, ... ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

And he became King....while agreeing that the North was independent.

Hey, for those who hated him (me included in his destruction) but today he seemed more human....and he will get better.

The rightful heir of Winterfell.

All hail, King Brandon.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And he became King....while agreeing that the North was independent.

Hey, for those who hated him (me included in his destruction) but today he seemed more human....and he will get better.

The rightful heir of Winterfell.

All hail, King Brandon.

At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life. Wisps of smoke still rose into the grey sky, but no more than might have risen from Winterfell's chimneys on a cold autumn afternoon. Soot stains marked some of the arrow loops, and here and there a crack or a missing merlon could be seen in the curtain wall, but it seemed little enough from this distance. Beyond, the tops of the keeps and towers still stood as they had for hundreds of years, and it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all. The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.

All hail King Brandon!

Only of the wrong kingdom

12 hours ago, Tijgy said:

At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life. Wisps of smoke still rose into the grey sky, but no more than might have risen from Winterfell's chimneys on a cold autumn afternoon. Soot stains marked some of the arrow loops, and here and there a crack or a missing merlon could be seen in the curtain wall, but it seemed little enough from this distance. Beyond, the tops of the keeps and towers still stood as they had for hundreds of years, and it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all. The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.

All hail King Brandon!

Only of the wrong kingdom

Totally agree! Bran the wiser!

And....

I dreamed of Bran," Sansa had whispered to him. "I saw him smiling."
"He was going to be a knight," Arya was saying now. "A knight of the Kingsguard. Can he still be a knight?"
"No," Ned said. He saw no use in lying to her. "Yet someday he may be the lord of a great holdfast and sit on the king's council. He might raise castles like Brandon the Builder, or sail a ship across the Sunset Sea, or enter your mother's Faith and become the High Septon." But he will never run beside his wolf again, he thought with a sadness too deep for words, or lie with a woman, or hold his own son in his arms.

Isaac;

I think Bran presents a valuable reminder to us all in this day and age where sensationalism is rife and anybody can voice an opinion to millions, to sit and consider things a little more carefully.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-series-finale-bran-stark-as-king-explained-isaac-hempstead-wright-guest-column-1212195

Hi all.  :D  Quick post on my take regards Bran The Broken.

Well done to @Meera of Tarth & @Tijgy & all those who predicted Bran would go onto rule in a position of power!  Okay, so we all thought it was going to be Winterfell as Lord, or maybe even King in the North, but we didn't see him getting the big one, as King of the '6' Kingdoms.  Anyhow, while I was surprised, I like Tyrion's points about Bran being able to make informed decisions because of his ability to see the previous mistakes other rulers of Westeros have made in the past. 

I also really liked the historical call back to the early days of the First Men in that Bran is a greenseer king.  There were a few show things we can parallel to book Westeros' ancient history, over on Twitter my friend @Rusted Revolver has labelled it 'starting back' [working from the idea that the first words of the entire novels have significance, it's a great theory & those discussing it see it everywhere now. Including in the show]

One thing I wish they had included is the idea that Bran, has for a large part of the series/books sat a throne himself, a weirwood throne of course.  It would have been a nice transition to have the iron throne destroyed & the new greenseer king underline his godlike abilities via a powerful sign of the old gods.  One like we find at the Eyrie would have been sufficient, although I am greedy & would have liked that throne based in the subterranean.  Kings Landing is the site of three hollow hills after all, three hills said to have been fought over in days of old, this normally means those hills have power.  Oh well, I am horribly biased & can't have everything, haha.

The fact the show runners have made it seem Bran can see everything in the future with such clarity has bugged me.  It means he could see the death & destruction to come & did nothing, insinuating it was a necessary path towards him becoming king.  This makes him a power hungry psychopath & I refuse to believe it will be like that in the books.  I think the visions of the future will be hard to interpret, something Bran will have to make sense of rather than see clearly, as he can the past. 

Good to see friends posting in this thread, speak soon.   :D :) :wub:

3 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Isaac said that the two main things that GRRM told Benioff and Weiss were the Hodor revelation and Bran becoming king. 

So he may not become a robot in the books. That might’ve happened because Benioff and Weiss needed to make shortcuts to how it happens.

Right. I still think if he becomes a 'king' it's more likely to be the Night's King.

Archived